Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8426814 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57435 on: May 28, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
Can't wait for all the post mortems from all the experts on here.  Derry are dung get over it. Get out of qualifiers as soon as possible and get the real football started
What 'real' football do you mean? And did you just do a post mortem?

Not a post mortem as knew pre game and for a long time that derry were dung. But well done on trying to be smart. Real football is what most people in the county look forward to is club football.
Did not realise your post was pre game.

Ah god usual on this board. People picking up on something just to argue. Explain how it's a post mortem.  I never referred to the match once. I said Derry ARE dung. General statement.

If Derry entered a slabbering AI we'd win it every year, you'd be in with a good shout of the  captain's armband.

Another disappointing day. No intensity from most of the team. If we're setup defensively with 13 men between the 13 and 45 we needy be well drilled on how to hit men hard with the sternum, knock them back or sideways. We constantly tackled with a last hand in allowing Tyrone to engineer frees . tyrone were able to find a man in the congested area in the scoring zone.

That team has plenty of good footballers, but with too many men not lining out and those there not being drilled well enough was our undoing.

McKindless had a fine game in nets

Well done to the minors, hopefully another big year ahead for them
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:53:22 PM by JoG2 »

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57436 on: May 28, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »
Can't wait for all the post mortems from all the experts on here.  Derry are dung get over it. Get out of qualifiers as soon as possible and get the real football started

Not a post mortem as knew pre game and for a long time that derry were dung. But well done on trying to be smart. Real football is what most people in the county look forward to is club football.

Ah god usual on this board. People picking up on something just to argue. Explain how it's a post mortem.  I never referred to the match once. I said Derry ARE dung. General statement.
If you posted after game it is a post mortem. Anyhow you said you could not wait for post mortems and when you get a reply you talk dung. I am sure you had enough sense not to attend the match today as you are such an expert - in hindsight. No pride in your county is as low as it gets.

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #57437 on: May 28, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
Tyrone have named 1 inside forward (not surprising).. Barton has named 4/5 (players you would or could describe as full forwards who can play out the field a bit when needed). These men, along with other can take scores, but the worry is there is only so much space inside the 45 against a blanket defence. Kielt is a big loss in this department, as is big Mark

The squad are in serious condition, so here's hoping for big performance

Derry by 2

Serious condition - are you nuts. Derry nowhere near physically fit - not even close to the standard required.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57438 on: May 28, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »
Tyrone have named 1 inside forward (not surprising).. Barton has named 4/5 (players you would or could describe as full forwards who can play out the field a bit when needed). These men, along with other can take scores, but the worry is there is only so much space inside the 45 against a blanket defence. Kielt is a big loss in this department, as is big Mark

Derry by 2

Serious condition - are you nuts. Derry nowhere near physically fit - not even close to the standard required.
100% correct. And the players deserve better preparation.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #57439 on: May 28, 2017, 05:54:45 PM »

Derry by 2

You're maybe confusing condition with work ethic

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #57440 on: May 28, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »

Derry by 2

100% correct. And the players deserve better preparation.

It's far from 100% correct. You tell me what prep the players get and what they should get that other counties are not getting. I've seen the player stats, those boys are in incredible condition. You know different however. Conditioning is a million miles off what went wrong today

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57441 on: May 28, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »
McGuckin is it great condition? Lynch is in good condition? Tallon is up to the physical challenges at this level?  Need we mention Nevin? But you have seen the stats, share them with the board.

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #57442 on: May 28, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »

Derry by 2

You're maybe confusing condition with work ethic

Don't insult us now with that comment. We know what conditioning and athleticism is - and Derry had none of it whatsoever. Maybe you are the one that thinks work ethic = good conditioning. Derry had no pace, no power, no stamina. They kept losing ball in the tackle, couldn't break tackles or break the defensive line and that was only part of the problem. If you don't work hard on the training pitch you can't do it on match day - very poor performance

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #57443 on: May 28, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »
Paddy Bradley sitting in BBC studio slating Derry and him hindering their preparation last weekend.....that's what wrong, how do you have a county team with no or little support from county board, clubs or supporters......who could Manage Derry? The only person I could see making things better is Tohill along with MIckey Moran and maybe Henry Downey.......but people should not be slating Barton when he is managing with both hands tied behind his back.......

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57444 on: May 28, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »
Paddy Bradley sitting in BBC studio slating Derry and him hindering their preparation last weekend.....that's what wrong, how do you have a county team with no or little support from county board, clubs or supporters......who could Manage Derry? The only person I could see making things better is Tohill along with MIckey Moran and maybe Henry Downey.......but people should not be slating Barton when he is managing with both hands tied behind his back.......
Tohill? Downey?
No harm, but what is their managerial career like to date?
We've already gone down the route of "Legends of '93" and look how that is working out?
Ulster League Champions 2009

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #57445 on: May 28, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »
Ok estimator......who then? And there aren't many men outside of Derry would take it!

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #57446 on: May 28, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »

If you posted after game it is a post mortem. Anyhow you said you could not wait for post mortems and when you get a reply you talk dung. I am sure you had enough sense not to attend the match today as you are such an expert - in hindsight. No pride in your county is as low as it gets.

In my defence I don't see myself as an expert like many on here.  So my post mortem wasn't a "post mortem from an expert"

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #57447 on: May 28, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »

If Derry entered a slabbering AI we'd win it every year, you'd be in with a good shout of the  captain's armband.

Another disappointing day. No intensity from most of the team. If we're setup defensively with 13 men between the 13 and 45 we needy be well drilled on how to hit men hard with the sternum, knock them back or sideways. We constantly tackled with a last hand in allowing Tyrone to engineer frees . tyrone were able to find a man in the congested area in the scoring zone.

That team has plenty of good footballers, but with too many men not lining out and those there not being drilled well enough was our undoing.

Have to agree with you there. With the amount on here we could have 2 teams .

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57448 on: May 28, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »
Lambs to the slaughter but went the way as script. Disappointing but not unexpected, seriously we been shipping massive score all year and it has not been rectified. I cant understand playing blanket defense and give away 22 points, how that work? How many hard shoulders did you seen in that game, but plenty of poor tackling

Transition from defense to attack is shocking, way too slow, and the players were bunching on top of each other on the 45m line, Tyrone come out quick, we go to their 45m way to slow then lateral pass all day.

Lynn was decent, Keenan not bad, Donnelly and Harte held well and still well beat by a Tyrone team who played bad and will not beat Donegal, who we run close as little as 2 year ago.

Everybody can take some of the blame, supporters for not backing the team when even going poorly, sometimes the roar of support can lift a team.

Management, very poor on the field, modern tactics, and management player people skills. Badly found out i fear. Conditioning, some players are very fit, others are not, some players need active diet plans, some other need serious weight training, not keeping 2 recognized  left and right footed fee takers. (some of those efforts were poor to say the least)

Players more than 10-15 missing (starters / panel players) for various reasons, injury, non commitment, traveling. etc, we not a big enough county to lost this amount and if Derry were going well, they all be on aboard

Clubs - some clubs are actively telling players not to bother with Derry

County Board for not going out and actively trying to find the best candidate for the job, this let the clubs recommend a manager or advert one, no good. identify a man then go get him, and dont let cost put u off.

We dont address the above then we will actually decline further and 3 decent minor teams coming through will just be lost

On another note, how many giving out here actually went to the game, that support today was shocking

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:51:26 PM by Wildweasel74 »

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57449 on: May 28, 2017, 07:49:05 PM »

Have to agree with you there. With the amount on here we could have 2 teams .
[/
 At least you admit to a post mortem, finally!