Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8542606 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57420 on: May 26, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
Is Forrester injured?

He wasn't at training last week. Considering hes the only man played every minute of the league he must be.

Last week is a week ago, last night he trained

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57421 on: May 26, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »
Just wondered as you said, he played every minute of football in league and he is not included on the bench either

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57422 on: May 26, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »
Forrester is injured. Not sure he would made the team anyhow as his lack of physical presence was exposed towards end of league. McFaul, if he keeps his head, is a plus. Thought Mark might start to settle the nerves but he will be on soon enough. Big day for the debutants and time for a few men to really step up and show leadership.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57423 on: May 26, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
I rather liked Tobys lineup to be honest

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57424 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
Derry Bench is very inexperienced outside of Lynch, possible C Kielt whos been away for awhile. Not having players available of Duffy, McBride, 2 McGoldricks, Johnson, Bradley, Cassidy, O`Brien, Toner, O`Boyle, Holly, Kielt suspended, to add strength in depth to the panel will leave Derry starting to struggle when substitutions have to be made in the last 20-25 mins

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57425 on: May 26, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »
Forrester is injured. Not sure he would made the team anyhow as his lack of physical presence was exposed towards end of league. McFaul, if he keeps his head, is a plus. Thought Mark might start to settle the nerves but he will be on soon enough. Big day for the debutants and time for a few men to really step up and show leadership.

I'm no coach, wait there.........I am, but I'd think I'd start someone who has played the previous 7 games

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #57426 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
Derry Bench is very inexperienced outside of Lynch, possible C Kielt whos been away for awhile. Not having players available of Duffy, McBride, 2 McGoldricks, Johnson, Bradley, Cassidy, O`Brien, Toner, O`Boyle, Holly, Kielt suspended, to add strength in depth to the panel will leave Derry starting to struggle when substitutions have to be made in the last 20-25 mins

No baggage though when it comes to Tyrone. Hopefully if they get a chance they take and get ripped in without fear

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57427 on: May 26, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »

I'm no coach, wait there.........I am, but I'd think I'd start someone who has played the previous 7 games

And who is injured? You learn not to in Foundation level. He started the previous games because he was not injured and 3 Slaughtneil key defenders were not available. Big change now.

jodyb

• View Profile
« Reply #57428 on: May 28, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »
Watchin the 02 Minor final this mornin (like a sentimental d!ck  :-[ ) Mark, Patsy, Gerard et al in their youthful glory. ( Often wonder if we would have fared differently in 04 if big Ruari Convery had stuck with the football? ) Anyway, hopin for an upset today. Doire Abu!!

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #57429 on: May 28, 2017, 03:53:01 PM »
Can't wait for all the post mortems from all the experts on here.  Derry are dung get over it. Get out of qualifiers as soon as possible and get the real football started

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #57430 on: May 28, 2017, 04:08:09 PM »
Can't wait for all the post mortems from all the experts on here.  Derry are dung get over it. Get out of qualifiers as soon as possible and get the real football started
is it any wonder Tyrone are disliked. Unfortunately it was like a junior team playing a senior team. Tyrone had 15 players better in every position on that pitch. Really good club players in derry looked average.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57431 on: May 28, 2017, 04:25:08 PM »
What 'real' football do you mean? And did you just do a post mortem?

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #57432 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »

Not a post mortem as knew pre game and for a long time that derry were dung. But well done on trying to be smart. Real football is what most people in the county look forward to is club football.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57433 on: May 28, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »

Not a post mortem as knew pre game and for a long time that derry were dung. But well done on trying to be smart. Real football is what most people in the county look forward to is club football.
Did not realise your post was pre game.

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #57434 on: May 28, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »

Did not realise your post was pre game.

Ah god usual on this board. People picking up on something just to argue. Explain how it's a post mortem.  I never referred to the match once. I said Derry ARE dung. General statement.