<35
2 (9.5%)
Yes
0 (0%)
No
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

IolarCoisCuain

I don't get where Richard Bruton gets this good reputation from. If he wasn't able to take on Enda Kenny he's hardly cut out for tackling Merkel or Sarkozy.

stephenite

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on December 02, 2010, 10:43:02 PM
I don't get where Richard Bruton gets this good reputation from. If he wasn't able to take on Enda Kenny he's hardly cut out for tackling Merkel or Sarkozy.

That Fine Gael could not organise a heave against Inda says it all - amadans of the highest order.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 02, 2010, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 02, 2010, 07:44:37 PM
What is the difference between a Fine Gael and a True Gael?

A True Gael

A Fine Gael

& the Shinners say we can't get over Civil War politics  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2010, 10:50:42 PM

That Fine Gael could not organise a heave against Inda says it all - amadans of the highest order.

Well they couldn't be worse than the shower that has ruined a nation, several generations and our future.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Lar Naparka

I don't either. He took on Enda with the backing of the FG intelligentsia and got an awfully bloody nose. He and his co-conspirators were out-manoeuvred from start to finish.  If they are the best and brightest FG has to offer us, I'd damn near vote for Cowan & co.
No doubt about it, Bruton is a better TV performer than Kenny but delivering a few soundbites in front of a camera when the time comes to sit down with Merkel and Sarkozy and hoors like Olli Rehn. I don't recall him ever landing a telling blow in Dail debates with Lenihan or Cowan. A fancy accent and a superior attitude are fine out on the plinth but count for sweet FA inside in the chamber.
For my money, Noonan is a far better performer with his poker face and his ability to trade insults with Cowan, Lenihan or anything that moves on the opposite benches without batting an eyelid.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

INDIANA

We dont have any politicians who've actually worked for a living. You cant beat real life experience and none of them have it. I'll be giving a toekn vote to FG not because I believe in them- only because I want FF out.

stephenite

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 02, 2010, 10:56:33 PM

Well they couldn't be worse than the shower that has ruined a nation, several generations and our future.

That's a shite argument because there's nothing to suggest they could be any better

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2010, 11:21:07 PM

That's a shite argument because there's nothing to suggest they could be any better

Exactly. That'a all I've heard from Fine Gael - ah sure things couldn't be any worse, ie we couldn't be any worse. Not exactly inspiring now, is it?

I'm sure they couldn't be any worse. But it would be nice to think that the main party in the next government and its supporters would think that they have the confidence and the self-belief to be a very positive influence for Ireland when its needed most. Instead we get this half arsed, yerra, we couldn't be any worse than them other lads. What hope have we?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

INDIANA

Its a phenomenally outstanding argument. You obviously want to keep cheats, criminals and liars in power. Is it any wonder this country is fecked with lateral thinking like that.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: INDIANA on December 02, 2010, 11:33:11 PM

Its a phenomenally outstanding argument. You obviously want to keep cheats, criminals and liars in power. Is it any wonder this country is fecked with lateral thinking like that.

Ah stop. Of course FG are going to be in power. Point is they are not exactly doing a good job at showing how much they want it or how good they would be. They're lack of confidence in themselves is appaling.

stephenite

Yes Indiana, obviously that must be it. f**king idiot

*Bangs head on desk*

INDIANA

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2010, 11:38:39 PM

*Bangs head on desk*

Well thats the alternative and anyone who doesnt vote for it deserves everything they get in my view. I dont rate FG or any of the alternatives but they deserve a shot at it. Because the above is right they couldnt do any worse. All they would have to be is honest and they've already done a better job. That in itself is a satrt for a country as corrupt as this one.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: INDIANA on December 03, 2010, 12:05:24 AM
Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2010, 11:38:39 PM

*Bangs head on desk*

Well thats the alternative and anyone who doesnt vote for it deserves everything they get in my view. I dont rate FG or any of the alternatives but they deserve a shot at it. Because the above is right they couldnt do any worse. All they would have to be is honest and they've already done a better job. That in itself is a satrt for a country as corrupt as this one.

But when they say they couldn't be any worse, they're not saying they'd be any better. Don't you see that as a problem?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Gerry Murray's your man lads.

*** Retreats to the bunker ***
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

If the aspiration of confirmed FG supporters is not to be any worse than things aren't going to improve.

They might as well say, we'll still be corrupt just not as corrupt.