Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Aussies are in for 2022-not a hope I'd say

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 02, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
The Panarama show and the crowd violence last night are ample excuses for those want an excuse to vote elsewhere.

And Dick Advocaat asking permission off the fans to sign a black player for Zenit shows how clean the Russian game is..

ziggysego

Yeah, I'll be back England. Might head over for a game.
Testing Accessibility

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Olly on December 02, 2010, 11:09:30 AM
This is a great opportunity for Ireland it advertise itself after the recent blip in the money stakes. They should set stalls outside English grounds at the matches promoting the likes of the Arran Islands, the Blasket Islands, the Mournes, the Sperrins, Carantoohil, the lakes of Kilarney, the Burren, the hills of Donegal, Lisdoonvarna, Milltown Malby, Longford, the Glens of Antrim, Oliver Plunkett's head, the GPO, Lourdes, Knock, Mount Mellary, Kildare plains and racecourses, Tara, Navan fort, the planetarium in Armagh, the Ulster American Folk and Transport parks, the aquarium in Portaferry, Portrush, Kinsale flight of earls, Mayo mountains, Ulysses Grant homestead, Ardboe cross, Keady and Dublin etc and places like that, turf, soda, poteen, diesel, animals, humour, homophobia, the church, leprechauns, trolls, banshees, etc etc.

Give out rocks for children to suck on.
[/quote

Really should go, it being on my doorstep..

thejuice

Shouldn't this be decided the old fashioned way.

Which country has the highest quota of sexy women.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Quote from: thejuice on December 02, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
Shouldn't this be decided the old fashioned way.

Which country has the highest quota of sexy women.

Nah sure that means nothing. . . it doesn't matter what they look like but which countrys women are more likely to put out??!!

JohnDenver

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on December 02, 2010, 11:14:17 AM
Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 02, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
The Panarama show and the crowd violence last night are ample excuses for those want an excuse to vote elsewhere.

And Dick Advocaat asking permission off the fans to sign a black player for Zenit shows how clean the Russian game is..

Surely Rod Wallace is past it at this stage?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Olly on December 02, 2010, 11:09:30 AM
This is a great opportunity for Ireland it advertise itself after the recent blip in the money stakes. They should set stalls outside English grounds at the matches promoting the likes of the Arran Islands, the Blasket Islands, the Mournes, the Sperrins, Carantoohil, the lakes of Kilarney, the Burren, the hills of Donegal, Lisdoonvarna, Milltown Malby, Longford, the Glens of Antrim, Oliver Plunkett's head, the GPO, Lourdes, Knock, Mount Mellary, Kildare plains and racecourses, Tara, Navan fort, the planetarium in Armagh, the Ulster American Folk and Transport parks, the aquarium in Portaferry, Portrush, Kinsale flight of earls, Mayo mountains, Ulysses Grant homestead, Ardboe cross, Keady and Dublin etc and places like that, turf, soda, poteen, diesel, animals, humour, homophobia, the church, leprechauns, trolls, banshees, etc etc.

Give out rocks for children to suck on.
or even better, we could send a pile of dubs over with headbands and flags (so long as they're made in ireland and not sourced in China) to sell outside grounds.  Not to mention the lads knocking off the minerals from the c&c plant in ballyfermot selling 3 minerals for €2 or 4 minerals for €3 etc etc

HiMucker

the skull "I won't be russian to congratulate them"

If Russian win the bid, So- viet

Nah sure that means nothing. . . it doesn't matter what they look like but which countrys women are more likely to put out??!!

Well England is a shoe in if it goes by that.  Il book my acommodation in Essex immediately ;)

ballinaman

Just saw the russian bid there. The bids are being streamed on fifa website. The Russian bid looks a bit dodge, one city out in the sticks to the east...wouldn't fancy it to be honest!! Say it's going to be between England and Iberia for 2018, Iberia have the south and central american votes tied up.

2022 is anyones guess!! States or Australia would be decent! Wouldn't bet against Quatar...money talks!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2010, 11:10:35 AM

I would have thought they had an excellent chance to be honest. A new frontier for football similar to USA 1994.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ballinaman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 02, 2010, 11:32:25 AM

I would have thought they had an excellent chance to be honest. A new frontier for football similar to USA 1994.
AFL still haven't guaranteed use of stadiums and doubt FIFA are looking for uncertainty.

balladmaker

Watched England's presentation today, was cringeworthy at times...I thought it was all about Beckham's granda for a long time!

Bogball XV

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 02, 2010, 11:32:25 AM

would match times not be shite?

worse than japan/south korea even?

thejuice

I don't know, the Russians spoke better English than Beckham.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016