What Price the Dub's

Started by Bud Wiser, December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: INDIANA on June 18, 2011, 09:01:08 PM
Bullshit. we hurled them off the park. they werent in the game until ROD got the line.

We have landed as a serious hurling force. And to hell with the begrudgers

no doubt, but i cant helping thinking that 4th Sept is a foregone conclusion. in the next few years ? A Liam McC is a serious possibility
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Denn Forever

Well done Dublin.  Galway didn't seem up for it and paid the price.  Dublin were tigerish ie defense and I hope they don't freeze on the day of the final.  But at least they know they can beat Kilkenny.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Bullshit. we hurled them off the park. they werent in the game until ROD got the line.

If they win Leinster, maybe.

SHEEDY

i was impressed by dublin. theyr workrate was first class and they seem to have a real will to win. dont think an all ireland is there for this team yet but think theres def more to come. a leinster title maybe?
nil satis nisi optimum

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 09:28:08 PM

I honestly do not want to take away from Dublin, in any way. I would like to see them win an All Ireland. However, in my opinion, come AI semi final, the 'big teams' will not give them a sniff.

The best of luck to them though.
Where would you put them in the pecking order? Top 5?

Declan

Shows how far we have come when we can beat Galway without our two main backs and down to 14 for the last 10 mins. Thought Rushe was outstanding tonight and we stuck at it well when came under pressure. Bar Gantley up front Galway were poor and canninig had an off day from frees but we definitely deserved it. Hopefully we can kick on now and give the Cats a repeat dose!!
Sittiing beside Donal Og Grady tonight - a gentleman who felt we well deserved it but got a bit jittery near the end

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 09:44:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 18, 2011, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 09:28:08 PM

I honestly do not want to take away from Dublin, in any way. I would like to see them win an All Ireland. However, in my opinion, come AI semi final, the 'big teams' will not give them a sniff.

The best of luck to them though.
Where would you put them in the pecking order? Top 5?
Hmm. They'd be fighting it out for 5th, imo.

Well we couldnt beat westmeath 5 years ago so this is dreamland stuff for us.

Minder

Painting all day and toul the missus at 6.30pm to go in and record it, sat down to watch it at 9pm and she never f**king recorded it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 11:25:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 18, 2011, 11:16:13 PM
Painting all day and toul the missus at 6.30pm to go in and record it, sat down to watch it at 9pm and she never f**king recorded it.
You missed fcuk all, tbh. One of the worst games I've seen, at this level.
Dublin were barely decent. Fought hard and took some nice scores. Galway were like Davitt's reserves. Shite, but what odds to them?
There is a flaw in the back door.

Maybe they'll get lucky and draw antrim

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on June 19, 2011, 12:44:35 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 19, 2011, 12:38:14 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 11:25:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 18, 2011, 11:16:13 PM
You missed fcuk all, tbh. One of the worst games I've seen, at this level.
Dublin were barely decent. Fought hard and took some nice scores. Galway were like Davitt's reserves. Shite, but what odds to them?
There is a flaw in the back door.

Maybe they'll get lucky and draw antrim
No joke, yes. That'd be a handy enough route.

They wouldn't, however, be asking the Dubs for advice on how to go about that.

True they'd only ask us for advice on how to beat Kilkenny. They certainly wouldnt be asking Antrim for advice on that topic.

magpie seanie

Didn't see tonights game but was not surprised at the result. Had a small piece of Dublin at 11/8. Dublin are a top team and their graph hasn't flattened out just yet. Yes - they have a bit to go before you can talk about an All-Ireland but a top 5 team in my view.

Milltown Row2

That's a fair reflection of the match hardstation. Dublin work hard for their wins, a bit like the old Clare teams funny enough! If Antrim managed to match that and bring their skill levels to the Championship then we would be a force. Fair play the Dubs, Bud your bet looks better now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2011, 09:40:37 AM
That's a fair reflection of the match hardstation. Dublin work hard for their wins, a bit like the old Clare teams funny enough! If Antrim managed to match that and bring their skill levels to the Championship then we would be a force. Fair play the Dubs, Bud your bet looks better now

You can hedge significantly now.

AZOffaly

People are focussing on Dublin's power and workrate, rightly so. What impresses me most about them so far though is their use of the ball and the short stick pass. They find the open man and switch the attack beautifully.

I would put Dublin at third/fourth at the moment, behind Tipp and Kilkenny (for now) and neck and neck with Waterford.

After them, in order.

Cork, Galway, Limerick, Offaly, Wexford , Clare, Antrim, Laois, Westmeath.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 19, 2011, 12:03:51 PM
People are focussing on Dublin's power and workrate, rightly so. What impresses me most about them so far though is their use of the ball and the short stick pass. They find the open man and switch the attack beautifully.

I would put Dublin at third/fourth at the moment, behind Tipp and Kilkenny (for now) and neck and neck with Waterford.

After them, in order.

Cork, Galway, Limerick, Offaly, Wexford , Clare, Antrim, Laois, Westmeath.

I think Clare might surprise a few people.