legitimate targets??

Started by lawnseed, November 23, 2010, 12:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on November 23, 2010, 01:39:54 PM
TRATIORS!!!!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1123/politicsprotest.html

I think we will see more of this to be honest. Whether you agree with it or not I wouldn't be surpirsed if a few politicians get their noses bloodied in the upcoming weeks, along with offices and banks attacked and vandalised.

I wouldn't fancy being a FF election candidate going around knocking on doors looking for votes anyway. Reckon there is a good chance of a few busted lips alright.

demusicman

Remind them when they come knocking on your door,if elected ,that they will now have as much power in the Dail as a county councillor has currently.
SELL OUT NOT BAIL OUT

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2010, 02:09:15 PM
The Irish public are to blame. They voted in the government, they went to the banks to borrow money, they put up their rates to do any work, they lived lavish lifestyles with nice motors, holidays and second homes, they bought the kids quad bikes for Christmas, they went into the pub and paid 8euro a pint, they...... I could go on but the point is that everyone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

Jeez  - imagine wanting to live a good quality life, treat your kids and make money so that they have a good life and so you don't have to work until you're 65.

Imagine the cheek of it.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Tyrones own

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 23, 2010, 05:25:37 PM
The Irish public are to blame. They voted in the government, they went to the banks to borrow money, they put up their rates to do any work, they lived lavish lifestyles with nice motors, holidays and second homes, they bought the kids quad bikes for Christmas, they went into the pub and paid 8euro a pint, they...... I could go on but the point is that everyone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

Jeez  - imagine wanting to live a good quality life, treat your kids and make money so that they have a good life and so you don't have to work until you're 65.

Imagine the cheek stupidity of it.
Fixed that for you....there was never going to be any end to the great times.. right?  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

EC Unique

Imagine the cheek of it.

Everything in moderation is fine but too many people were living beyond their means living a wealthy lifestyle when in fact they were not wealthy people. A lot of keeping up with the Jones' to blame. It is the same in the north. A ridiculous amount of 3000+ sq Ft houses built that people now are struggling to keep. 2 Children but 5 bedrooms would not be unusual. Madness, but we were all blind to it.

By the way, what is wrong with having to work until you are 65?

haranguerer

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2010, 02:33:39 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 12:22:24 PM
we'll they're the guys who handed the keys of the country to outsiders, bankrupted the place, they leave their citizens dying on hospital trolleys. they help themselves to huge wages and pensions while irish people are evicted from their homes, they've quadtroupled emigration,and trebled suicide, they allowed the irish people to pick up the compo bill for the clergy, they bought the voting machines.. now they're training the defence forces to beat irish citizens of the street should they move against them. the irish government have done more damage to ireland than any outside force have ever done. they are the enemy within. selfish b**tards who think its their birth right to rule this country they're the new cheiftains all related to each other and all minding each others backs.. legitmate targets??
Aye, even in the most uncertain of times, you can always rely on militant Irish Republicans for consistency and predictability.

So when all else has failed, why not revert to that policy which has failed all of us the longest and deepest, Violence?  >:(

Scum, nothing more, nothing less... ::)

Whats to say all those who have posted since criticising the OP arent actually militant republicans??

Niall Quinn

Hugh Hefner and Andy Murray maybe.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

pintsofguinness

Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2010, 05:47:31 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

Everything in moderation is fine but too many people were living beyond their means living a wealthy lifestyle when in fact they were not wealthy people. A lot of keeping up with the Jones' to blame. It is the same in the north. A ridiculous amount of 3000+ sq Ft houses built that people now are struggling to keep. 2 Children but 5 bedrooms would not be unusual. Madness, but we were all blind to it.

Well said EC.

People's heads were up their holes (and still are it seems).
5 bedroom houses the couldnt afford, the newest motors with huge repayments on etc but as long as it looked good that was the main thing  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

BarryBreensBandage

Imagine the cheek of it.

But who was throwing the money at them?

It wasn't falling out of the trees.

The bankers (spelt with a silent w) and financiers were supposed to be the experts here and the ill advice led a lot of good-willed people up the garden path.

In 2005, I was offered £100,000.00 on top of my mortgage even though myself and the wife's joint income was less than £50,000. They were practically begging us to take it.

Know another fella, big GAA name, who was offered £750,000.00, no questions asked, by Anglo Irish Bank, for developing property.

So to go back to your original quote,EC, is this really the Irish Publics fault? Hindsight is a wonderful thing

BarryBreensBandage

Nothing - I just want to be in a position in years to come where I want to work until I'm 65, not where I have to work until I'm 65.
Some difference.

lawnseed

ok let me put it another way. the government are currently raising a force to deal with their own citizens, water cannon, dye, tear gas, mace, telecopic batons, vicious dogs, plastic bullets. they are very ready to use violence against us. they have had to be taken to court to get them to hold a by-election and they're actually contesting the other 3 court cases pending. so they have denied the citizens of ireland democracy. this government are the most destructive administration since cromwell at least his victoms were killed and they're suffering was over. if you could go back in time wouldnt you take out cromwell? michael colllins was shot for treachery and he only lost the 6. these gobshites have lost the whole place..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

thebigfella

Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
ok let me put it another way. the government are currently raising a force to deal with their own citizens, water cannon, dye, tear gas, mace, telecopic batons, vicious dogs, plastic bullets. they are very ready to use violence against us. they have had to be taken to court to get them to hold a by-election and they're actually contesting the other 3 court cases pending. so they have denied the citizens of ireland democracy. this government are the most destructive administration since cromwell at least his victoms were killed and they're suffering was over. if you could go back in time wouldnt you take out cromwell? michael colllins was shot for treachery and he only lost the 6. these gobshites have lost the whole place..

Things must be just as bad in the UK as it is here

Tyrones own

Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
That's exactly to a word what's going on here...though you'd never know listening to the news >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

CiKe

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 23, 2010, 06:22:07 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

The bankers (spelt with a silent w) and financiers were supposed to be the experts here and the ill advice led a lot of good-willed people up the garden path.

In 2005, I was offered £100,000.00 on top of my mortgage even though myself and the wife's joint income was less than £50,000. They were practically begging us to take it.

Know another fella, big GAA name, who was offered £750,000.00, no questions asked, by Anglo Irish Bank, for developing property.

So to go back to your original quote,EC, is this really the Irish Publics fault? Hindsight is a wonderful thing

EC is absolutely right, keeping up with the Jones's has a large part to do with it. Easy money all too readily accepted with not a second thought. No disrespect to your ordinary branch bank worker but I wouldn't be taking my financial advice off them. Everyone has the responsibility to know their own limits as far as I'm concerned, no excuses. Buying a home (or a second home) is no joke, but too many did it with no thought whatsoever.

thebigfella

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 23, 2010, 06:22:07 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

Did you take it?

If not, why?  ::)