legitimate targets??

Started by lawnseed, November 23, 2010, 12:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: crossdoesitbest on November 23, 2010, 01:12:36 PM

Why stop there? What about the people who lived above their means,spent a fortune on credit cards, got huge loans and mortgages they could never afford to pay back! What about the union leaders who kept threatening strike unless they got higher wages and who have to be held in some way responsible for driving factory jobs out of this country! I could go on and on but we have to stop blaming and try to get back on our feet and find solutions to the problems we all face!!!!!!!!

Agree with all this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Banana Man

Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
ok let me put it another way. the government are currently raising a force to deal with their own citizens, water cannon, dye, tear gas, mace, telecopic batons, vicious dogs, plastic bullets. they are very ready to use violence against us. they have had to be taken to court to get them to hold a by-election and they're actually contesting the other 3 court cases pending. so they have denied the citizens of ireland democracy. this government are the most destructive administration since cromwell at least his victoms were killed and they're suffering was over. if you could go back in time wouldnt you take out cromwell? michael colllins was shot for treachery and he only lost the 6. these gobshites have lost the whole place..

in an absolute nutshell

deiseach

Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
ok let me put it another way. the government are currently raising a force to deal with their own citizens, water cannon, dye, tear gas, mace, telecopic batons, vicious dogs, plastic bullets. they are very ready to use violence against us. they have had to be taken to court to get them to hold a by-election and they're actually contesting the other 3 court cases pending. so they have denied the citizens of ireland democracy. this government are the most destructive administration since cromwell at least his victoms were killed and they're suffering was over. if you could go back in time wouldnt you take out cromwell? michael colllins was shot for treachery and he only lost the 6. these gobshites have lost the whole place..

Right. So how about answering your own question. Are they legitimate targets?

Hardy

What - the guards and the army are coming around to my house with tear gas and plastic bullets? Or are they planning to sneak up behind me in the shopping centre?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2010, 12:37:52 PM
What - the guards and the army are coming around to my house with tear gas and plastic bullets? Or are they planning to sneak up behind me in the shopping centre?

If the gardai act  anything like you Meath hoors on the football field,that would be more likely  ;)

Hardy

EC Unique

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 23, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2010, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 23, 2010, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2010, 02:09:15 PM
The Irish public are to blame. They voted in the government, they went to the banks to borrow money, they put up their rates to do any work, they lived lavish lifestyles with nice motors, holidays and second homes, they bought the kids quad bikes for Christmas, they went into the pub and paid 8euro a pint, they...... I could go on but the point is that everyone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

Jeez  - imagine wanting to live a good quality life, treat your kids and make money so that they have a good life and so you don't have to work until you're 65.

Imagine the cheek of it.

Everything in moderation is fine but too many people were living beyond their means living a wealthy lifestyle when in fact they were not wealthy people. A lot of keeping up with the Jones' to blame. It is the same in the north. A ridiculous amount of 3000+ sq Ft houses built that people now are struggling to keep. 2 Children but 5 bedrooms would not be unusual. Madness, but we were all blind to it.

By the way, what is wrong with having to work until you are 65?

But who was throwing the money at them?

It wasn't falling out of the trees.

The bankers (spelt with a silent w) and financiers were supposed to be the experts here and the ill advice led a lot of good-willed people up the garden path.

In 2005, I was offered £100,000.00 on top of my mortgage even though myself and the wife's joint income was less than £50,000. They were practically begging us to take it.

Know another fella, big GAA name, who was offered £750,000.00, no questions asked, by Anglo Irish Bank, for developing property.

So to go back to your original quote,EC, is this really the Irish Publics fault? Hindsight is a wonderful thing

No matter what, the person who signs the dotted line and takes the loan is responsible for that loan. No ifs or buts.

I will go back to my original statement but to a different part:

Quoteeveryone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

you seem to be a perfect example of this.

Puckoon

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: EC Unique on November 24, 2010, 02:16:21 PM
The Irish public are to blame. They voted in the government, they went to the banks to borrow money, they put up their rates to do any work, they lived lavish lifestyles with nice motors, holidays and second homes, they bought the kids quad bikes for Christmas, they went into the pub and paid 8euro a pint, they...... I could go on but the point is that everyone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

Jeez  - imagine wanting to live a good quality life, treat your kids and make money so that they have a good life and so you don't have to work until you're 65.

Imagine the cheek of it.

Everything in moderation is fine but too many people were living beyond their means living a wealthy lifestyle when in fact they were not wealthy people. A lot of keeping up with the Jones' to blame. It is the same in the north. A ridiculous amount of 3000+ sq Ft houses built that people now are struggling to keep. 2 Children but 5 bedrooms would not be unusual. Madness, but we were all blind to it.

The bankers (spelt with a silent w) and financiers were supposed to be the experts here and the ill advice led a lot of good-willed people up the garden path.

In 2005, I was offered £100,000.00 on top of my mortgage even though myself and the wife's joint income was less than £50,000. They were practically begging us to take it.

Know another fella, big GAA name, who was offered £750,000.00, no questions asked, by Anglo Irish Bank, for developing property.

So to go back to your original quote,EC, is this really the Irish Publics fault? Hindsight is a wonderful thing

No matter what, the person who signs the dotted line and takes the loan is responsible for that loan. No ifs or buts.

Quoteeveryone is to blame but now everyone is looking for somebody else to blame. Human nature.

And you aren't? We are both in the blame game here - you blaming the people, with me directing the blame towards the financial institutions.

Its just I hate the sentiment of -  Let the s**t trickle down and we'll keep ourselves clean.

I will also direct you to the initial point in this thread, which Lawnseed states about the ruling parties - I suppose all of that is the people's fault as well?

All the spin coming from our governments seems to have worked on some....
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

thebigfella

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 24, 2010, 04:47:18 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

And you aren't? We are both in the blame game here - you blaming the people, with me directing the blame towards the financial institutions.

Its just I hate the sentiment of -  Let the s**t trickle down and we'll keep ourselves clean.

I will also direct you to the initial point in this thread, which Lawnseed states about the ruling parties - I suppose all of that is the people's fault as well?

Why didn't you take the 100 grand they offered or did you?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: thebigfella on November 24, 2010, 04:56:23 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

Why didn't you take the 100 grand they offered or did you?

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't - sorry to be blase - but the whole story would bore both you and myself, and would also take away from the main point of this thread.

EC Unique

Imagine the cheek of it.

Who put them there? 

Tyrones own

QuoteWho put them there? 
The same people that still won't admit there are any problems with their actions in how they voted, much like the Brainwashed Obama ideologues in this country...and lets not forget, there were a fair few them here on the board also!!
Hope and Change alright ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: EC Unique on November 24, 2010, 05:14:54 PM

Imagine the cheek of it.

Who put them there?

Who put what where?

lawnseed

look what the forces of law and order did to that lone protester who DARED to stand in front of mary hanafins chauffer driven merc, they beat him to the ground, hes had 3 charges against him, all shite, and he could get a year in jail. reminds me of that lone chinese kid standing out in front of the tank. fukn disgrace what about free speech and the right of protest >:( >:( >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once