POSTAL SCAM

Started by funtime frankie, November 22, 2010, 02:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funtime frankie

Just received this info by e mail and I suppose its only relevant for people from the 6 counties

Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The
Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:
A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel
Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that
you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).
DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.
If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will
already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

el_cuervo_fc

Thanks Frankie, Xmas wouldn't be the same without this warning

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/pds.asp

lawnseed

who puts the card in your door? i'm off this week may i could give them a few slaps or if they're to big let out the dog :)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2010, 09:02:57 AM
who puts the card in your door? i'm off this week may i could give them a few slaps or if they're to big let out the dog :)

Nobody. Check the link in the previous post!
Hasta la victoria siempre

lawnseed

SO it comes in the post?

Olly

I phoned that number: 0906 6611911 to see if it was a scam or not. It was a woman who seemed to have the asthma telling me to lie back and relax as she'd tell me a story that'd make me very excited. I could hardly hear her for the chesty problem she seemed to be have. I was also going out the door anyway so I told her to keep a lid on it and maybe I'll hear it when she's a bit better and I've more time.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

lawnseed

good man olly! i'll keep a watch out for a women with a respirator coming to the door :D

haranguerer

Quote from: funtime frankie on November 22, 2010, 02:04:38 PM
Just received this info by e mail and I suppose its only relevant for people from the 6 counties

Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The
Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:
A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel
Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that
you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).
DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.
If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will
already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

Ah frankie. Some bollocks in the office sent this round - its rubbish. I see they put a 3 in front of the 15 to further sensationalise it this time.

You may email everyone you emailed it to and tell them you were being stupid, and you've actually forwarded them a mild virus.

lawnseed

i better take the mouse trap outta the letter box

funtime frankie

Jaysus Haranguerer, I can't go back and tell them about another mild virus.There was hell to pay the last time and to make it worse there were a few of them allergic to the penicillin.

illdecide

It's just another one of those stupid emails you get that tells you if you don't forward this onto 12 people in the next 10 mins God (not Peter Canavan) will appear and kick the bollocks of ya. These stupid emails have only one purpose and thats to block the internet and cause havoc...

The best ones have angels on them and tell you wait to you see what appears after you send it to 12 people and some people actually send them and wait for something to happen...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

On that note, kids get a lot of these text messages now with the threat of death to your parents if they are not sent on to 12 people. seriously bad craic, as 9/10 year olds really feel that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

el_cuervo_fc

Ball gates sent me $432,482.03 once because I forwarded on an email to 25 people on my mailing list. That was a good week

haranguerer

el_cuervo_fc