30 signatures from registered voters in your constituency

or

500 euro deposit.

I am thinking about this.........

I can get 30 signatures no bother.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Main Street

In your case SS,  €500 or 30 signatures x €20 each.

Hardy

Go for it SS. Somebody has to provide an alternative to the Hairy Lesbians.

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

I am considering an alliance with said Hairy Lesbians.

You know it makes sense.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 24, 2011, 11:07:01 AM
Hardy

You know it makes sense.

That was my first thought too SS, for you I mean!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 24, 2011, 11:07:01 AM
Hardy

You know it makes sense.

You're a natural, SS. Your first political act is a sellout. What were you offered?

Shamrock Shore

No Hardy

The first item on my agenda was the split. However as the sole member it was hard to consider this seriously.

HL's would offer feck all. Hard to deal with them to be fair

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Mattie McGrath and Dan Boyle eating each other alive on Newstalk now.

Giving out about each others Government policies and agendas.

http://www.newstalk.ie/
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tubberman

Just had my first election candidate at the door!
Alex White from Labour - quick out of the blocks.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maguire01

QuoteFitzpatrick set to confirm Election contest

Louth manager Peter Fitzpatrick
24 January 2011

Louth manager Peter Fitzpatrick will allow his name to go forward for the forthcoming General Election campaign, according to local media reports.

While no firm decision has yet been announced, it now appears likely that Fitzpatrick's name will be on the ballot paper as a Fine Gael candidate.

Local radio station LMFM tweeted on Sunday that Fitzpatrick had decided to accept Fine Gael's invitation to contest the election, which is due to take place on Friday 11 March next.

The Clan na Gael clubman, who was a reliable servant of the county during a lengthy playing career, replaced Eamonn McEneaney as Wee County manager ahead of the 2010 campaign.

He steered the county to the final of both the O'Byrne Cup and the Leinster SFC, and emerged with reputation enhanced following his considered response to the hugely controversial nature of his side's defeat to Meath in the provincial championship.

The Louth constituency will see plenty of change from this year, with long-serving Fianna Fáil Minister Dermot Ahern having announced that he will be stepping down and Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams fancied to take a seat in the first election he has contested in the Republic of Ireland, where he replaces departing Sinn Féin TD Arthur Morgan.

Should he confirm his candidature, Fitzpatrick will stand alongside Fine Gael's education spokesman Fergus O'Dowd, who was first elected to Dáil Eireann in 2002.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=141100

All of a Sludden

Bit of dilemma for some Louth fans now that Fitzer is standing, can they see past party politics and vote FG?

SS I think you`ll have to go with the €500 deposit, I cant see you finding 30 people who are literate in Longford to be honest.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Farrandeelin

2 SF candidates in Mayo I believe. Rose Conway-Walsh from Belmullet and another Castlebar lady, I don't know her name.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 24, 2011, 08:46:02 PM
2 SF candidates in Mayo I believe. Rose Conway-Walsh from Belmullet and another Castlebar lady, I don't know her name.

Therese Ruane I'd say - sister of Catriona Ruane.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

I think it's a bit foolish to run 2 candidates where the old FF/FG conservatism will shine through. I suppose they may be targetting a few years down the line.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.