LAB
SF
Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

Pangurban

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: hardstation on January 29, 2011, 12:57:59 AM
Do you lads not just vote for the same party your da, granda, great-granda etc voted for?

No, what a terrible reason to vote for a political party.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 29, 2011, 08:54:05 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 29, 2011, 12:57:59 AM
Do you lads not just vote for the same party your da, granda, great-granda etc voted for?

No, what a terrible reason to vote for a political party.

Well up until maybe this election that is how I'd estimate 30-50% of the electorate voted. Treating political parties like football teams to be supported and to be loyal to no matter what.

Galwaybhoy

Yes people need to understand that its the wrong reason to vote for a political party.

If your football team wins or loses it most likely wont have any major impact on your life and way of living.

However the party you vote in to office could have serious repercussions on your life.

You should vote for the party that in your view will do the best job but not because you have been loyal to a party all your life or because generations of your family voted for a party.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 29, 2011, 09:38:42 AM

Well up until maybe this election that is how I'd estimate 30-50% of the electorate voted. Treating political parties like football teams to be supported and to be loyal to no matter what.
You are right but the percentage is steadily dropping. All of the major parties have their hard core of supporters with Fianna Fail leading the way. Many tallymen reckon that in the 2002 and 2007 elections the allegiances of the electorate are getting harder to predict; entire regions that once voted  heavily for, say, FF or FG were tending to spread the votes about, going by the boxes as they were opened to be counted.
I'm told that a national swing of 2% or more than could decide the outcome of the fight for the last seat in all the 4 and 5 seater constituencies.
Nowadays, with so many non-nationals to be reckoned with and most people have more pressing issues than the Civil War to concern them, party loyalties might take another hammering.
Still, FF has experienced and loyal workers in every constituency in the land and can rely on a good number of 'plumpers' no matter who the candidate is going to be.

I think FF are going to lose more seats to FG than to any other quarter as Lab and SF don't have the infrastructure to make gains on a countrywide basis.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ziggysego

Is anyone else getting the Vote FG banner at the top of the gaaboard?
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ziggysego on January 29, 2011, 12:45:00 PM

No but I am getting the line 'merge FF and FG'.  Disband would be a better word.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ziggysego on January 29, 2011, 12:45:00 PM

Yes. Me.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

I'm getting "Penis reductions, too big then come to us". Obviously these adds are tailored to each individual user.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 29, 2011, 03:16:23 PM
I'm getting "Penis reductions, too big then come to us". Obviously these adds are tailored to each individual user.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fITzlPgA0

All of a Sludden

Quote from: hardstation on January 29, 2011, 01:35:23 AM
Can I call on every Irishman to vote for any party who wasn't in power while you were bleeding your own country dry?

Another Brit trying to tell us what to do  ::) I suppose you`ll be complaining at the cost of the bail out to the British tax payer. Do you pay tax?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 29, 2011, 03:16:23 PM
Are they saying you're a massive c**k?
:P

Bogball XV

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 29, 2011, 11:11:33 AMHowever the party you vote in to office could have serious repercussions on your life.
Luckily in Ireland we don't have that problem, whoever is voted in will have fcuk all influcence over how the country is governed (as Hardstation just alluded to).

Maguire01

Tomorrow's Sunday Business Post/Red C polling results:
[Result from last Red C poll, for Paddy Power and published Jan 7, in square brackets]
(Result from last similar SBP poll, from Dec 19, in round brackets)

Fine Gael: 33 [35] (34)
Labour: 21 [21] (23)
Fianna Fáil: 16 [14] (17)
Sinn Féin: 13 [14] (14)
Green Party: 2 [4] (2)
Ind / others: 15 [12] (10)

Tomorrow's Sunday Independent/Millward Brown polling results:
(Result from last similar poll, conducted for TV3 and released on Sept 23, in brackets)

Fine Gael: 34 (30)
Labour:  24 (35)
Fianna Fáil: 16 (22)
Sinn Féin: 10 (4)
Green Party: 1 (2)
Ind / others: 15 (8)

SBP / RedC for Taoiseach: Micheal Martin 31%, Eamon Gilmore 26%, Enda Kenny 19%

Farrandeelin

That's sombre reading for Eamon Gilmore's supporters. Cannot say I'm surprised at all though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.