Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

seafoid

Quote from: turk on November 23, 2010, 06:38:52 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 23, 2010, 11:29:55 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 23, 2010, 10:22:16 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 22, 2010, 09:03:42 PM

I was under the impression that the Mammy wasn't going to run in the next election. If she doesn't, will she then be renamed the Granny?

From the outside looking in, i think Mammy/Granny will do ok as she seems to be telling it how is and hat may stand to her.

. The Mullingar hospital will become a big election potato as well.

people in Mullingar will have to come to terms with the fact that the money has all been spent on the AIB branch in the town and there is nothing left for the hospital. This is a message from the letter E and Jean Claude Trichet. 

Banana Man

Quote from: Declan on January 20, 2011, 01:46:20 PM
11th March is the day. Double jobbing minsters till then

Double jobbing, make your own jokes, they can't run one portfolio on their own ffs never mind 2  :(

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 23, 2010, 07:04:10 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on November 23, 2010, 06:58:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 23, 2010, 06:24:38 PMFrom the outside looking in, i think Mammy/Granny will do ok as she seems to be telling it how is and hat may stand to her.

Ah lads, surely the Mammy's agenda is crystal clear.
Looking to do well by her boys?  One of them is virtually unelectable and the other is an awful eejit - just realised that doesn't clarify it at all  :D

Lenihan family motto: Always a Tánaiste and never a Bride.

The first step would be to become leader of FF and that would have to happen sooner rather than later as Lenny's stock is going down faster than a Cowen pint.
[/quote]

I actually think Lenihan is chronically ill and will be giving up very soon.

magpie seanie

Mary Coughlan, Health Minister - The Final Insult.

Billys Boots

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2011, 02:19:53 PM

And we thought making her Minister for Education was taking the piss! How wrong we were.  :-\
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I had to laugh at the facebook feed from breakingNews.ie on this.

'Mary Coughlan will take control of Health. Thankfully for only 7 weeks'.

Banana Man

I've a question, after the resignations today, the various portfolio's have been reassigned to different ministers. This isn't just specific to the 26 counties though, it's prevalent in all western democracies but how the fu*k can someone go from running a departmen on say Health to Defence, or Transport to Exchequer, or Education to Foreign affairs just like that??

How can a minister deal with say a shortage of hospital beds on a Monday at 5.00 then get up and go to work and deal with possible invasion by a hostile country at 9.00 the next morning.

They can't possibly have a clue what they are on about, which leads to a further question, assuming then these departments are run by permanent secretaries etc who 'point' the elected minister in whatever direction they go, who is actually running the department and are TD's/MP's merely elected figureheads with no real power ???

Kerry Mike

From the Examiner today , but he has still resigned something fishy about all this.

O'Keeffe to throw his hat into election ring By Paul O'Brien, Political Correspondent - Thursday, January 20, 2011

BATT O'KEEFFE intends to contest the general election, a spokesman for the Enterprise Minister said last night.

Mr O'Keeffe is one of two Fianna Fáil TDs in the three-seat constituency of Cork North West, the other being Michael Moynihan.

Mr Moynihan is running again, but questions have been raised over Mr O'Keeffe's intentions despite the fact he has previously said he will continue in politics.

The party's convention to select election candidates for the constituency was supposed to take place in Millstreet, Co Cork last Monday night, but was postponed at short notice.

That led to speculation that Mr O'Keeffe was set to announce his retirement from politics at the convention, but had the event postponed because it might have been interpreted as a body-blow to the Taoiseach ahead of Tuesday's motion of confidence in Brian Cowen's leadership.

But a spokesman for Mr O'Keeffe last night said the minister was fully intent on running again.

"It is the minister's intention to seek selection by the party as a general election candidate in Cork North West at the convention," the spokesman said.

The selection convention has been rescheduled for Friday week.

IRELAND
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Banana Man on January 20, 2011, 03:20:54 PM
I've a question, after the resignations today, the various portfolio's have been reassigned to different ministers. This isn't just specific to the 26 counties though, it's prevalent in all western democracies but how the f**k can someone go from running a departmen on say Health to Defence, or Transport to Exchequer, or Education to Foreign affairs just like that??

How can a minister deal with say a shortage of hospital beds on a Monday at 5.00 then get up and go to work and deal with possible invasion by a hostile country at 9.00 the next morning.

They can't possibly have a clue what they are on about, which leads to a further question, assuming then these departments are run by permanent secretaries etc who 'point' the elected minister in whatever direction they go, who is actually running the department and are TD's/MP's merely elected figureheads with no real power ???

Its the mandarins behind the scenes that really run the departments. Civil Servants and advisors that have their hands on the levers.

muppet

Quote"Never before have I seen FF backbenchers turn off their mobiles for fear of the Taoiseach ringing then with a job offer." Pat Rabbitte
;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 20, 2011, 02:29:19 PM

And we thought making her Minister for Education was taking the piss! How wrong we were.  :-\

Education and Science::)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Hardy

Quote from: LaurelEye on January 20, 2011, 05:08:24 PM

It's Education and Skills, so it's good news and bad news:

Good news - we don't have a minister for science who thinks Einstein developed evolution theory.
Bad news - we don't have a department of science at all.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Hardy on January 20, 2011, 05:17:47 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on January 20, 2011, 05:08:24 PM

It's Education and Skills, so it's good news and bad news:

Good news - we don't have a minister for science who thinks Einstein developed evolution theory.
Bad news - we don't have a department of science at all.

My bad.

I'm sure the arrival of Mrs Einstein and the change of name were purely coincidental and not a recognition that it would be taking the p:ss completely.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.