Belfast Christmas Lights

Started by Olly, November 19, 2010, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Is anyone else totally ecstatic at the guessing of who will turn on the Belfast Christmas Tree light in Belfast tomorrow night, Saturday?

I couldn't sleep last night thinking of the options. I shortlisted it to 20 people IN ORDER OF BOOKIES FAVOURITE, in my head:

JIM MCDONALD
IAIN DOWIE
KEVIN MCGOURTY
ONE OF THE DUNLOPS
JACKIE FULLERTON
BILL CLINTON
NADINE COYLE
LOUIS WALSH
DAVID HEALY
DAVE ALLEN
THE EDGE
VAN MORRISON
WEST TIP
RICHARD DUNWOODY
TONY MCCOY
D:REAM
MICHAEL FLATLEY
FR BUCKLEY
PAT KENNY
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Banana Man

Quote from: Olly on November 19, 2010, 11:15:24 AM
and

JIMMY CRICKET

no eamon holmes??? he would go to the switch on of a yard light ffs

omagh_gael

I'm sorry to disappoint but the line-up has already been announced:

Enjoy family fun as Lord Mayor of Belfast, Councillor Pat Convery and guests light up the city: - Angelina Ballerina and Alice along with Robyn the Postman will perform 'Mouseland's Greatest Dancer' to entertain toddlers and tots. - Kids TV favourites Sportacus and Stephanie UK actors (officially approved by LAZYTOWN) will encourage the audience to 'Get Active'. - City of Belfast School of Music Cantanti. - Characters from Jack And The Beanstalk, Belfast Waterfront's pantomime. - Santa Claus and Mrs Claus. Special guest compere will be Belfast's own Eamonn Holmes and his wife Ruth Langsford.

Just for you Banana Man!

Banana Man

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 19, 2010, 11:38:25 AM
I'm sorry to disappoint but the line-up has already been announced:

Enjoy family fun as Lord Mayor of Belfast, Councillor Pat Convery and guests light up the city: - Angelina Ballerina and Alice along with Robyn the Postman will perform 'Mouseland's Greatest Dancer' to entertain toddlers and tots. - Kids TV favourites Sportacus and Stephanie UK actors (officially approved by LAZYTOWN) will encourage the audience to 'Get Active'. - City of Belfast School of Music Cantanti. - Characters from Jack And The Beanstalk, Belfast Waterfront's pantomime. - Santa Claus and Mrs Claus. Special guest compere will be Belfast's own Eamonn Holmes and his wife Ruth Langsford.

Just for you Banana Man!

:D told ya!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Olly on November 19, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Is anyone else totally ecstatic at the guessing of who will turn on the Belfast Christmas Tree light in Belfast tomorrow night, Saturday?

I couldn't sleep last night thinking of the options. I shortlisted it to 20 people IN ORDER OF BOOKIES FAVOURITE, in my head:

JIM MCDONALD
IAIN DOWIE
KEVIN MCGOURTY
ONE OF THE DUNLOPS
JACKIE FULLERTON
BILL CLINTON
NADINE COYLE
LOUIS WALSH
DAVID HEALY
DAVE ALLEN
THE EDGE
VAN MORRISON
WEST TIP
RICHARD DUNWOODY
TONY MCCOY
D:REAM
MICHAEL FLATLEY
FR BUCKLEY
PAT KENNY

You forgot May McFetridge on that list Olly.

whiskeysteve

I heard it was Jimmy Nesbitt. Maybe he got cold feet?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Olly

That doesn't say who'll be turning them on though.

Thanks for those other names. It really whetts my appetite thinking about the likes of Holmes and Nesbitt turning it on.

I thought of some others too - Frank Mitchell, Adrian Logan, Hugo Duncan, Terry Wogan, Terry Waite, Kyle Laferty, Seamus Heaney, Yeats, Colin Farrell etc etc. It really is suspense city!!

brokencrossbar1

Lord Chichester or Lord lucan maybe!

passedit

Question is, who'll be turning off the lights in Dublin when everyone's gone?
Don't Panic

whiskeysteve

Olly,

Frank Carson rang. Wants to know why he isn't on your list. Other than that, he says it's a cracker
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Banana Man

Quote from: passedit on November 19, 2010, 12:42:10 PM
Question is, who'll be turning off the lights in Dublin when everyone's gone?

:D :D :D

Hardy

Yeats?

Ollie, you're losin' it. Everybody knows Yeats retired from public engagements last year after winning four Ascot Gold Cups.

Bud Wiser

If the job of turning on the lights comes on the back of some form of award for personal achievements in the last year then Kirk McCambley or whatever yer mans name was trhat was ridin Iris is the man for the job.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"