Casement set to host International Rules in 2013

Started by ziggysego, November 17, 2010, 10:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossdoesitbest

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 18, 2010, 09:37:48 PM
Quote from: The Worker on November 18, 2010, 05:58:45 PM
Where would Antrim play their league games should casement close for redevelopment?
Windsor Park.

The way the Ulster Council make decisions they could fix those games for Ruislip.

Minder

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 18, 2010, 06:25:34 PM
Quote from: The Worker on November 18, 2010, 05:58:45 PM
Where would Antrim play their league games should casement close for redevelopment?

i heard aghagallon pitch is closed for works to bring it up to county standard, is this a realistic venue?
What are aghagallon getting done? It's a bit out of the way to hold county games imo.

Cant imagine too many Antrim hurling games in Aghagallon
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lawnseed

work would need to start right now for this to be fiinshed in time. if you were to use the athletic grounds as a typical pace of gaa ground development then we need to go back to 2003 and start but time travel is dangerous i am told although the DUP do it all the time :D. i'd say it will end up in clones should be a big crowd puller especially when the bbc start trash talking ::) ::) good news
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Dreams on November 20, 2010, 12:18:00 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 20, 2010, 11:32:30 AM
work would need to start right now for this to be fiinshed in time. if you were to use the athletic grounds as a typical pace of gaa ground development then we need to go back to 2003 and start but time travel is dangerous i am told although the DUP do it all the time :D. i'd say it will end up in clones should be a big crowd puller especially when the bbc start trash talking ::) ::) good news

Impossible for Clones to host the game. It is the only ground in Ulster that does not have floodlights. The 1st test always take place on the Saturday night so Clones can be ruled out.

I'd imagine Clones not having floodlights in November 2010 will have no impact on whether they can host the game in 2013. Pretty sure there are plans for floodflights there.

Maguire01

Quote from: Dreams on November 20, 2010, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 20, 2010, 12:26:42 PM

Impossible for Clones to host the game. It is the only ground in Ulster that does not have floodlights. The 1st test always take place on the Saturday night so Clones can be ruled out.

I'd imagine Clones not having floodlights in November 2010 will have no impact on whether they can host the game in 2013. Pretty sure there are plans for floodflights there.

Monaghan county board apparently selected Inniskeen as their venue for floodlights in the county.
I had heard it was Castleblaney? Has it changed?

ziggysego

Quote from: Dreams on November 20, 2010, 08:14:24 PM
Somebody out there will know why Clones wasn't selected like any other county. Monaghan always create problems. Clones should have got the lights as it's the biggest ground in the county.

;D Some quote from a Derry man.

But back to your point, I did wonder too.
Testing Accessibility

drici

gaaboard.com
  GAA Discussion
  GAA Discussion
  Casement set to host International Rules in 2013

Absolute and total drivel.

Maguire01

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 20, 2010, 04:40:46 PM
Quote from: Dreams on November 20, 2010, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 20, 2010, 12:26:42 PM

Monaghan county board apparently selected Inniskeen as their venue for floodlights in the county.
I had heard it was Castleblaney? Has it changed?
Just thinking - sure Inniskeen already has floodlights.