Ulster President Aogan Farrell. "Appoint Managers from within your own club"

Started by theskull1, November 15, 2010, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 01, 2010, 07:45:46 PM
I'm out of cork now zulu but I do agree there is a laissez faire attitude among certain areas. The attitude is a bit like "yerra f**k it we've won x amount doing it this way why change". The game is changing and no matter what people believe it will continue to evolve. Clubs in the north are more acutely aware of the need for proper structures and great credit must go to the ulster council for that. Leinster clubs and specifically dublin clubs are catching up fast, munster still relying on a system where they are lucky to have strong tradition and talent, I don't know much about connacht but when I saw tommy joyce playing mf in the game ag st brigids I had a raised eyebrow! The fact though remains that there are good and bad managers gettinhg paid on the merry go round and I think it wd be better to address their abilities than complain about whether they are paid or not.

very good point. though i don't agree with payment its a rolling snowball now but i hope it doesn't get too big in more and more people getting paid just because the coaches are. if a coaches ability is improved it can only help the team and in the long run the game as a whole
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!