PSNI GAA Jersey

Started by spanner, November 13, 2010, 07:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanner

Quote from: haranguerer on November 14, 2010, 04:35:19 PM
No, but there are many replicas of those jerseys about - there was demand, so the maker supplied.

Of course message boards can be to debate, but the purpose of a post should be clear i.e. if your purpose was to provoke debate about the PSNI gaa team, it would be much better to be upfront about that than trying to masquerade as something else.

I could just be being paranoid, if I am then my original answer stands - even if the makers werent bust they're not gonna run one off for one person.

"Does anyone know where I could but a PSNI GAA Jersey?"....

This was the question I asked in my original post. No mention about the PSNI GAA team.

Several posters then made disparaging remarks about my alleged motives.

Far be it from me to suggest that you (or they) are paranoid.

twotwocharlie

I know where to buy one but under the offical secrets act I am not able to disclose this information.

mylestheslasher

Here would you not just head into the local barracks and ask them have they a spare GAA Geansai, I'm sure they'll fall over themselves to help you out. I have never seen one in a shop but they are probably selling like hot cakes with Christmas coming up and all.

All of a Sludden

You could try your local Sinn Fein office, but I heard they had sold out.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: All of a Sludden on November 14, 2010, 08:33:59 PM

ROFL  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

spanner

Gerry Adams could have done with wearing one under his crombie today when he gave is oration in Louth.
He looked freezing.
If I can find out who sells them, I'll buy two and send him one.

LOL

Orior

Quote from: Ulick on November 14, 2010, 01:15:21 AM
Spanner, as a good GAA man, surely you know the only way you earn the right to own a club jersey is by playing for them. If you played for them you wouldn't be requesting assistance on here, but then all here know you don't wear the jersey without playing... Your best bet is to join the PSNI club and take it from there.

Best reply so far.

Oh it's a Christmas gift is it? From a Secret Santa? You're an evil bollix spanner.

Anyways, you're outta luck kiddo http://www.newforge.com/GiftShop.aspx?CatID=6
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

spanner

Quote from: Orior on November 14, 2010, 11:37:13 PM
Quote from: Ulick on November 14, 2010, 01:15:21 AM
Spanner, as a good GAA man, surely you know the only way you earn the right to own a club jersey is by playing for them. If you played for them you wouldn't be requesting assistance on here, but then all here know you don't wear the jersey without playing... Your best bet is to join the PSNI club and take it from there.

Best reply so far.

Oh it's a Christmas gift is it? From a Secret Santa? You're an evil bollix spanner.

Anyways, you're outta luck kiddo http://www.newforge.com/GiftShop.aspx?CatID=6

Orior,

Thanks for the link. I'll make enquiries there.

BTW, it's no use you calling me silly names.
I'll have you know that I've been insulted by experts.

LOL

lynchbhoy

well if the GAA HQ cant help you, or the ulster council - your only avenue left is to contact the psni and ask them who is going to supply them with their next batch of jerseys and you can try to get one then.
theres no point in complaining about the lack of these jerseys when its not commercially viable for them to be produced and go out on sale as there is no demand for them - there may be for the NY cops jerseys seemingly.
also no point in whinging about people here not 'telling you' where to get one - most folk dont know either. Get off yer erse and call suppliers and organisations as listed above yourself !
Better than feigning mock self pity when youmust already know the answer.

pebble-dasher

Quote from: All of a Sludden on November 14, 2010, 08:33:59 PM

unreal, best post in ages

fitzroyalty

Why would anyone want a PSNI GAA jersey ???
For a start its not even a nice jersey!

spanner

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 15, 2010, 07:50:14 PM
Why would anyone want a PSNI GAA jersey ???
For a start its not even a nice jersey!

How would you know?
Did you use to wear one?

spanner

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 15, 2010, 04:00:09 PM
well if the GAA HQ cant help you, or the ulster council - your only avenue left is to contact the psni and ask them who is going to supply them with their next batch of jerseys and you can try to get one then.
theres no point in complaining about the lack of these jerseys when its not commercially viable for them to be produced and go out on sale as there is no demand for them - there may be for the NY cops jerseys seemingly.
also no point in whinging about people here not 'telling you' where to get one - most folk dont know either. Get off yer erse and call suppliers and organisations as listed above yourself !
Better than feigning mock self pity when youmust already know the answer.

I don't remember me COMPLAINING anywhere on this thread.
Whinging yes, but complaining - NO!

illdecide

Quote from: spanner on November 14, 2010, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on November 14, 2010, 08:11:49 AM
Quote from: andoireabu on November 14, 2010, 03:45:05 AM
Would you wear one and if not, why not.

I have a new york police shirt and a boston one. not sure if i would wear a psni one though.

sensible debate, no green and orange politics please.

Please dont start a debate - I suspect that that is spanners real objective, who knows, perhaps to get some soundbites for a story on how the psni are still not accepted by the gaa or similar.

If you're genuinely looking for  PSNI gaa top spanner, ulick is right - you'll have to play for them ( or I suoppose you could try to nick one at a match). Why would their supplier have made surplus jersies? Similar to most small clubs, the only kit going is the one the team are wearing. Suppliers will only make replica jersies where theres a demand for them. 1 request probably isnt the demand they'd require.

H.,
If you check Andoireabu's reply number 17, you will see that he claims to have a Boston Police jersey and a New York police jersey.  Are you suggesting that he must have played for them or, God forbid, that he nicked them at a match?  Surely not!
:-\

but if you nick one at a match it would stink of bacon for ever ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Played against them twice, (Moonlighting for BT ;)) they never swap their Jersey's after the match. cant get them off due to the metal armour they are wearing underneath
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea