PSNI GAA Jersey

Started by spanner, November 13, 2010, 07:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Gaelic Gear did the kit for the PSNI GAA team. However they went into liquidation during the summer, so I doubt any shops would be stocking it at the moment, until an alternative company is found to do their kits. eBay is probably your best bet.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

I've seen many bad attempts at a wind up in my time on this board but this is class.

andoireabu

Would you wear one and if not, why not.

I have a new york police shirt and a boston one. not sure if i would wear a psni one though.

sensible debate, no green and orange politics please.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

magpie seanie

I've nothing against them but I wouldn't wear a Garda Siochána one.

haranguerer

Quote from: andoireabu on November 14, 2010, 03:45:05 AM

I have a new york police shirt and a boston one. not sure if i would wear a psni one though.

Please dont start a debate - I suspect that that is spanners real objective, who knows, perhaps to get some soundbites for a story on how the psni are still not accepted by the gaa or similar.

If you're genuinely looking for  PSNI gaa top spanner, ulick is right - you'll have to play for them ( or I suoppose you could try to nick one at a match). Why would their supplier have made surplus jersies? Similar to most small clubs, the only kit going is the one the team are wearing. Suppliers will only make replica jersies where theres a demand for them. 1 request probably isnt the demand they'd require.

Maiden1

I'd be surprised if they stocked them in a shop.  Do you know any policemen? If you explain why you want one they may be able to get you one. Any reason you are looking for one in particular?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

seanmacdiarmada

You will never get one now unless a peeler donates it to you..Gaelic Gear no longer trade..poor wind up btw tho good to see that there are good Gaels still trying to help!

spanner

Quote from: Maiden1 on November 14, 2010, 10:13:19 AM
I'd be surprised if they stocked them in a shop.  Do you know any policemen? If you explain why you want one they may be able to get you one. Any reason you are looking for one in particular?

Hi Maiden,

Christmas Present.

spanner

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2010, 02:27:55 AM
Gaelic Gear did the kit for the PSNI GAA team. However they went into liquidation during the summer, so I doubt any shops would be stocking it at the moment, until an alternative company is found to do their kits. eBay is probably your best bet.

Z.

I have tried eBay, but no joy.

BTW, Thanks for the sensible reply.

spanner

Quote from: haranguerer on November 14, 2010, 08:11:49 AM

Please dont start a debate - I suspect that that is spanners real objective, who knows, perhaps to get some soundbites for a story on how the psni are still not accepted by the gaa or similar.

If you're genuinely looking for  PSNI gaa top spanner, ulick is right - you'll have to play for them ( or I suoppose you could try to nick one at a match). Why would their supplier have made surplus jersies? Similar to most small clubs, the only kit going is the one the team are wearing. Suppliers will only make replica jersies where theres a demand for them. 1 request probably isnt the demand they'd require.

H.

My only wish was to try to find out where I could buy a PSNI Club Jersy and I must say I am somewhat taken aback at the comments from some posters.

BTW, There's nothing wrong with debating?  Isn't that what Forums are for?

???

Napper Tandy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 13, 2010, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: spanner on November 13, 2010, 07:48:58 PM

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the Forum but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. ;D

Does anyone know where I could but a PSNI GAA Jersey?

Thanks in advance.

Spanner.

;D

Who makes them, if its O'Neills the factory shop might have one. Are they nice or what? Love unusual GAA jersies myself.
Gaelic Gear make them. Try them.

Maguire01

Quote from: Napper Tandy on November 14, 2010, 01:28:20 PM

Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Spanner.

;D

Who makes them, if its O'Neills the factory shop might have one. Are they nice or what? Love unusual GAA jersies myself.
You're on the ball Napper.

spanner

Quote from: Napper Tandy on November 14, 2010, 01:28:20 PM

Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Spanner.

;D

NT,

Other posters on this thread have said the Gaelic Gear went into liquidation.
If they are still operating, could you provide a contact number or e-mail.

Thanks.

spanner

Quote from: haranguerer on November 14, 2010, 08:11:49 AM

H.,
If you check Andoireabu's reply number 17, you will see that he claims to have a Boston Police jersey and a New York police jersey.  Are you suggesting that he must have played for them or, God forbid, that he nicked them at a match?  Surely not!
:-\

haranguerer

No, but there are many replicas of those jerseys about - there was demand, so the maker supplied.

Of course message boards can be to debate, but the purpose of a post should be clear i.e. if your purpose was to provoke debate about the PSNI gaa team, it would be much better to be upfront about that than trying to masquerade as something else.

I could just be being paranoid, if I am then my original answer stands - even if the makers werent bust they're not gonna run one off for one person.