Ulster and Connacht losers still out six days later!

Started by ross4life, November 10, 2010, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Ahhh now Seanie ...no need for that.
I thought ye could handle defeat at this stage  :D

Being used to it over the years
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 12, 2010, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: Mano on November 11, 2010, 01:30:14 PM
What happens if one of the Connaught/Ulster finals ends in a draw? Surely that would disrupt the next round of games in qualifiers

The referee will be told to make sure this doesn't happen, like last year for example.

If it were a boxing match the Ref would have stopped that match after 35mins when it was 10-4

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Not begrudging ye lads but ye know I'm right. It's our own fault for not being ahead coming into the closing stages cos if we were ye would not have been allowed to get level either.

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2010, 03:45:19 PM
Not begrudging ye lads but ye know I'm right. It's our own fault for not being ahead coming into the closing stages cos if we were ye would not have been allowed to get level either.

Right on what?

For the record Seanie,

3mins of injury time played in the first half Sligo Scored 0-2 to Roscommon 0-0
2mins of injury time played in the 2nd half Sligo scored 0-0 to Roscommon 0-0

As i said before only for the unbelievable kicking for Alan Costello in particular we would have won this game with plenty to spare & deservedly so.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

I posted this a while ago on a different thread...

2nd half only
Roscommon injury/cheating ;) 41.00 to 42.02, 51.50 to 53.02, 57.45 to 58.58, 68.30 to 69.03, 70.00 to 71.05 after a wide by sligo and shine in the sligo half he collapses with no one near him holding his leg.
The above excludes all wasting of time from claffey kickouts to shines frees which i didnt expect the ref to play again and subs.

Ref gives 2 mins injury time, the above with Roscommon injuries alone adds up 5.08 mins, the biggest insult is this the game ended with 72.19 on the clock. There was a 1.05 stoppage in injury time and Jimmy White played 19 secs extra. Like Curley in 97 he couldnt blew his whistle quick enough.

Its just facts lads and proves Seanies point..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Since when does any ref gives 5Min's in GAA its not Soccer & regardless of the injured time the best team won on the day & if you want to talk refs in Connacht finals try Seamus Prior tuam 1998 (who played for a draw)

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on November 13, 2010, 04:01:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2010, 03:45:19 PM

Right on what?

For the record Seanie,

3mins of injury time played in the first half Sligo Scored 0-2 to Roscommon 0-0
2mins of injury time played in the 2nd half Sligo scored 0-0 to Roscommon 0-0

As i said before only for the unbelievable kicking for Alan Costello in particular we would have won this game with plenty to spare & deservedly so.

You've totally missed the point.

What I'm saying is that there was no way the game was going to end in a draw. If we were ahead it would have been blown up sharpish too.

SLIGONIAN

The better team won all right no doubt but i still think Jimmy White deep down wanted roscommon to win aswell. Im not convinced he would of blown up as quickly for us 1pt ahead.

The other questiion is why do the connacht council do  this with the dates when surely a final draw would be a money spinner?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magpie seanie

Its not paranoia. This is factual. You know who is directing things in Connacht.

spectator

Is that to suggest Jimmy White was reffing under the direction of the Connacht big wigs last July?

Thanks Mayoite big wigs - we couldn't have done it without ye  :D  ;)