Accountant's brought to bookover raunchy e-mails

Started by Banana Man, November 10, 2010, 11:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 11, 2010, 10:20:33 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 11, 2010, 10:09:04 PM

Joe Soap from Joe Soap and Sons Accountancy: U left PWC, Why was that now?

Former PWC employee: To be honest Joe, I sent a few stupid emails having the crack. At the time I thought nothing of it but have come to realise I was wrong. Unfortunately it turned out to be a serious storm in a tea cup.

Joe Soap: Ah good luck, you were one of them eegits. What the hell were ya doing using your work mail anyway? To be honest I couldn't give a toss what sort of emails ya send as long as ya get the work done. When can ya start?!!!!
I think stating they will never get employment again is a bit dramatic but what sort of fantasy world do you live in  ???
I think you're the one living in a fantasy world. They've done nothing illegal so in a normal economic situation they'd walk into new jobs.
You don't walk into any new job without a reference, regardless of the economic situation.

pintsofguinness

Former PWC employee: To be honest Joe, I sent a few stupid emails having the crack. At the time I thought nothing of it but have come to realise I was wrong. Unfortunately it turned out to be a serious storm in a tea cup.

Joe Soap: Ah good luck, you were one of them eegits. What the hell were ya doing using your work mail anyway? To be honest I couldn't give a toss what sort of emails ya send as long as ya get the work done. When can ya start?!!!!
I think stating they will never get employment again is a bit dramatic but what sort of fantasy world do you live in  ???
I think you're the one living in a fantasy world. They've done nothing illegal so in a normal economic situation they'd walk into new jobs.
Didnt I just say I thought the claim was dramatic? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bogball XV

I can see the situation outlined by boojangles happening, in fact I can see a few situations where the partners would think it was great craic, though you'd definitely have to question their common sense.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 11, 2010, 10:40:40 PM

I can see the situation outlined by boojangles happening, in fact I can see a few situations where the partners would think it was great craic, though you'd definitely have to question their common sense.
Would they say I dont care what you do with the work email as long as you get the work done?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

INDIANA

Let's see now. PWC send one of the goons on audit somewhere. Company notices  and asks him to be removed from the audit on the basis that they dont want to chance him sending around another email about their female staff. Perfectly legit claim by the client. The employee is of no value to PWC anymore. I certainly wouldnt let any of them in the front door of my company. Why would I employ someone with a poor work record over someone with a clean bill of health. Especially in a recession when I call on a thousand cv's easily all of the same standard. Bit of a no-brainer to me.

They cant have them in the same building as the same trainees whose pictures they sent around. Those girls could sue PWC's ass. So PWC have little choice. They could transfer  the lads abroad. And maybe thats what will happen.

But anyone here who thinks that in the current climate this wont have repurcussions for them is a clown. PWC after Anglo have zero reputation left and this is just another nail in the coffin.

Que the expose by the Irish media 6 months down the line. PWC sexist employees still working for the firm.

Aint going to happen. 

Shamrock Shore

I agree with Indiana.

Look at the US and all that hassle poor auld Ronan Tynan got in over having a soft joke at some Jewish auld wan.

No - those lads' careers are in the bin and more fool them. You can argue back and forth whether this is right or fair but that's not the point. It's all about image and public perception nowadays. For example Anglo staff can't have a few pints without the Daily Orgasm screaming "Anglo staff enjoy pints at taxpayers' expense". I know for a fact that certain barmen in the D2 area are on retainers from certain newspapers to ring in if there is an Anglo party in their establishment (staff leaving do, engagement, 40th, usual human stuff) so that Joe Hack can race there with a cameraman. It's mental. But there ya go.

Pangurban

You dont half talk some Baloney Tony, You are 20yrs. behind the times, thankfully dinaosaurs like you are a dying breed. Would you like your Wife,Sister,Daughter, to be subjected too this type of workplace harrassment.

Fear ón Srath Bán

There's scope here for something like a 'class action'  (or individual suits) against all the rags that printed their photos on the grounds of 'invasion of privacy', and I sincerely hope they exercise that option and take the scum to the cleaners.

Edit And I'd say INDIANA is spot on: it's a small employment pool (and diminishing), and the last thing any prospective employer will take these days is a chance.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Declan

Di I hear on the radio this morning that the Daily Mail published pictures of the lads?

passedit

Quote from: Pangurban on November 12, 2010, 12:15:39 AM
You dont half talk some Baloney Tony, You are 20yrs. behind the times, thankfully dinaosaurs like you are a dying breed. Would you like your Wife,Sister,Daughter, to be subjected too this type of workplace harrassment.

Indeed PB that email had very little to do with the 'attractiveness' or otherwise of the girls and all to do with keeping them in their place. I'd be asking questions about the prevailing culture in PWC that they thought nothing of using work emails to do this.
Don't Panic

thebigfella

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 12, 2010, 12:25:50 AM
There's scope here for something like a 'class action'  (or individual suits) against all the rags that printed their photos on the grounds of 'invasion of privacy', and I sincerely hope they exercise that option and take the scum to the cleaners. Edit And I'd say INDIANA is spot on: it's a small employment pool (and diminishing), and the last thing any prospective employer will take these days is a chance.

Absolutely no scope, the pictures are plastered all over the net already. The paper will simply point out they where already in the public domain.

Tony Baloney

It is only harassment if it is unwanted attention. Maybe the girls loved it. Maybe not. I've been trained to the hilt in our place on fair employment legislation and recruitment and selection in the North so I don't need lectured by some PC crybaby like you. No offence, like.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 12, 2010, 09:23:35 AM
It is only harassment if it is unwanted attention. Maybe the girls loved it. Maybe not. I've been trained to the hilt in our place on fair employment legislation and recruitment and selection in the North so I don't need lectured by some PC crybaby like you. No offence, like.

There is actually a few PWC auditors in our place this week, wonder if any of them are involved?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

haranguerer

Quote from: INDIANA on November 11, 2010, 11:07:15 PM
But anyone here who thinks that in the current climate this wont have repurcussions for them is a clown. 

Noones saying there isnt going to be repercussions - to say they '...will never work in Ireland again' is just drama though

DirtyDozen12

Cant the men who sent the emails simply deny they sent these?  I mean, how hard is it to edit a forwarded mail, they could just say, it wasnt me, someone has edited my email address and signature onto that mail lol??  Im sure they have all the mails they sent internally deleted by now or is there a way to get back deleted emails?

Just shows peoples love for gossip as well, front page news on some newspapers and 7 pages here on a story that in context, who could really give a shite, some boys commenting on a few pretty girls, big f**king waha. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!