Started by SLIGONIAN, November 09, 2010, 12:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Quote from: ziggysego on November 09, 2010, 09:39:46 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2010, 05:30:06 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 09, 2010, 01:59:11 PM
hard to believe they just let him walk through like that, harder to believe is that a high school team has access to such facilities  :o

look at this place

http://thepigskindoctors.com/2010/04/texas-high-school-gets-60-million-football-stadium/

It's bigger than Windsor Park.

That wouldn't be hard,

Brought my american wife to windsor a few times and the 1st time, she was like, 'Er my college football stadium is better than this place!'

J OGorman

Quote from: gawa316 on November 09, 2010, 09:57:52 PM
hard to believe they just let him walk through like that, harder to believe is that a high school team has access to such facilities  :o

look at this place

http://thepigskindoctors.com/2010/04/texas-high-school-gets-60-million-football-stadium/

That wouldn't be hard,

Brought my american wife to windsor a few times and the 1st time, she was like, 'Er my college football stadium is better than this place!'

talking of college stadiums: sweet jaysus

http://sportige.com/top-10-ncaa-football-stadiums/

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

David McKeown

Saw a couple of games in the Darrell Royal Stadium when I UT and it was simply too big, very hard to follow the game from the cheap seats, very steep stands
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Orior on November 09, 2010, 08:14:18 PM
Who would have come up with that play? The Quarterback himself?

Its brilliant - wish I'd thought of it.

Coach had that play saved for the past 6 or more years I would imagine.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

wicked

I went to Penn State, the biggest stadium on the list (I believe Michigan has expanded again since that list was put together)...an amazing atmosphere on game days in the fall at the stadium and surrounding it in the parking lots, for the tailgating.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 09, 2010, 04:39:18 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 09, 2010, 03:56:20 PM
Nearly as good as this penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQAjyWhC7s&feature=player_embedded

Thats brilliant  :D

I know ye wont believe me but that exact peno happened me in national school sports day as my team got to the final. I hit the ball against top of the crossbar, and i turned away but then all my teammates came over to me and said you lucky so and so, they told me the ball went up in the air the keeper lost the flight of it and it came down hit him on the back and went in.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: wicked on November 10, 2010, 07:05:54 AM
I went to Penn State, the biggest stadium on the list (I believe Michigan has expanded again since that list was put together)...an amazing atmosphere on game days in the fall at the stadium and surrounding it in the parking lots, for the tailgating.

Them staduims are unreal, most are one tier which makes it even more incredible, and one 90,000+ staduim had no seating behind one of the goals. It must be hard to see whats going as American football pitches are small...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Puckoon

look at this place

That wouldn't be hard,

'Rookie' mistake. :)

gawa316

Quote from: Puckoon on November 11, 2010, 04:18:38 PM

look at this place

That wouldn't be hard,

'Rookie' mistake. :)

To be fair she's been 4 times and still hasn't seen us get beat, which must be some type of world record. That included Spain as well.

Been to the below Fresno State stadium a few times. It's 'only' 40 odd thousand capacity and it blew my mind. I can't imagine what some of those other ones twice the size would be like

Puckoon

Fresno will be getting their arses handed to them when the Wolfe Tones visit this weekend.

Is your woman a Fresno girl? I take it you know not to go south of Shaw, right?

gawa316

Quote from: Puckoon on November 11, 2010, 04:41:40 PM
Fresno will be getting their arses handed to them when the Wolfe Tones visit this weekend.

Is your woman a Fresno girl? I take it you know not to go south of Shaw, right?

She went to College there but is actually from Clovis. Never heard of this south of Shaw thing. Do tell? We would be on it all the time and it's a pain in the arse. I thought traffic in Enniskillen was bad! 

Might be closer than you think this wkd, however the wkd after they will no doubt get there arses handed to them against Boise!

Puckoon

I just remember benig down there for a ball game a few years back and well there was plenty of drink being taken -but the one thing our host had instilled in us was no matter what we did - "Don't go south of shaw". I think its where the particularly shitting neighbourhoods begin.

Fuckin hot in Fresno, thats for sure.

gawa316

Jus asked the wife and she said something about you shouldn't live south of shaw. To be fair Fresno is a bit of a dump, full of gangs and meth capital of the States.

Back on track, I remember seeing a bowl game about 3/4 years ago involving Boise State. Best game I've ever seen. They pulled out all the disney moves...statue of Liberty etc. Must see if I can find it on youtube