Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Started by screenmachine, November 09, 2010, 08:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

Anyone bought the latest installation of the Call of Duty series?  Think I'm picking up my copy tonight and am just wondering if anyone has came across anywhere doing a bargain on it a la Fifa where the Supermarket's normally have a bidding war on release day?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

screenexile

I dunno but it sounds like you should maybe try a couple of supermarkets??

screenmachine

Screen exile, your words of wisdom never disappoint. I don't know what i would do without you! Thanks buddy...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

paco

Got it last night/this morning at about 12.30. All I can say is it's definitely worth the wait and I'm glad I had it pre-booked!

Milltown Row2

Should pick it up later. How much was it? will i have any difficulty getting it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

Quote from: paco on November 09, 2010, 10:23:30 AM
Got it last night/this morning at about 12.30. All I can say is it's definitely worth the wait and I'm glad I had it pre-booked!

I am a big gaming fan but cannot see the sense in buyin this on the day it is released. Why paco would you not wait a couple of weeks when the price comes down and then but it.

on the sideline

Wel lads, only played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for the first time last week and was shocked when it finished, and was wondering does the new game pick up where this one finished, i.e. still fighting in the US?

*should of said was shocked when it finished as i thought it was going to continue the story back to US.

thebigfella

Quote from: Hereiam on November 09, 2010, 12:23:29 PM

I am a big gaming fan but cannot see the sense in buyin this on the day it is released. Why paco would you not wait a couple of weeks when the price comes down and then but it.

Because in 2 weeks everybdy else will be shit hot online and you'll get arse fcuked every time you go on. Further the price won't drop at all, i'd say the offers available now are as good as you'll get till after christmas.

thebigfella

Quote from: on the sideline on November 09, 2010, 12:28:45 PM
Wel lads, only played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for the first time last week and was shocked when it finished, and was wondering does the new game pick up where this one finished, i.e. still fighting in the US?

*should of said was shocked when it finished as i thought it was going to continue the story back to US.

Considering it's set in the cold war and I didn't see no metion of flux capacitors, then I'd hazard a guess and say no.

paco

Quote from: thebigfella on November 09, 2010, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 09, 2010, 12:23:29 PM

Because in 2 weeks everybdy else will be shit hot online and you'll get arse fcuked every time you go on. Further the price won't drop at all, i'd say the offers available now are as good as you'll get till after christmas.

Nail on the head! It may have been different online, but in my local shop both Modern Warfare games stayed at the same price for over a year. Anyone else played it Black Ops? I can't get over the level of customisation in multiplayer, enjoying the new killstreaks as well.

lurganblue

i bought medal of honor a few weeks ago and was quite disappointed. hoping to trade it in for a nice discount on black ops

Nally Stand

What happens with the killstreaks this time round?

Where are the best offers on it does anybody know?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

screenmachine

The best i can see at the minute is around 40 quid or so in Tesco, hope to get it later on. And paco is right, the price won't drop for around 6 months i would say!

paco

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 09, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

The dogs from World at War are back! There's also a fairly enjoyable mini remote control car bomb. Few other new ones, but the main difference from MW2 is that kills earned from killstreaks don't count towards your streak. I've made a real balls-up of explaining that but you'll see what I mean when you play!

Nally Stand

Quote from: paco on November 09, 2010, 01:23:10 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 09, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

The dogs from World at War are back! There's also a fairly enjoyable mini remote control car bomb. Few other new ones, but the main difference from MW2 is that kills earned from killstreaks don't count towards your streak. I've made a real balls-up of explaining that but you'll see what I mean when you play!

Fear not, I get what you're saying Paco!

As for the dogs making a comeback, all I can say is.... F**K IT ANYWAY!! Hated them damn things in World at War!

I suppose the best bet will probably end up being ebay. Usually you can trace a bargain or two there before too long.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore