Charges against Kerry footballer dismissed

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, February 21, 2007, 04:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0221/omahonya.html

If he hadof been convicted it would have made headlines but when he gets of u here nothing about it. Pathetic!! The media that is.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

realredhandfan

OMahony, Cavlan and DJ CArey.  Do these people deserve to get their lives outside football exploited like this.  this to me is a non news item and also for the nongaasection of the GAA board.  A4sa you shouyld be ashamed of yourself. 

deiseach

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 21, 2007, 05:03:37 PM
A4sa you shouyld be ashamed of yourself. 

Nonsense. Many will know that he was arrested. Few will know he was not only exonerated but in terms so strident as to be unarguable. Armagh4SamAgain has done Aidan O'Mahony some service

Sandy Hill

I never thought I'd be saying this but "well done" A4SA.  It's but right that this trumped up charge against a GAA star was thrown out and this good news is certainly not out of place on this Board.
"Stercus accidit"

Colonel Cool

I agree with Armagh4Sam! (Can't believe i posted that). The country is full of tossers who want to get their 5 minutes of fame by picking a row with a county player. The county player gets arrested and its all over the newspapers and TV. It's only right that when the charges are dismissed "as lacking cohesion and credibility." it should get the same coverage.
Well done Armagh4SamAgain!
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!