Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelleire

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 18, 2010, 10:37:39 PM
Quote from: michelleire on November 18, 2010, 09:51:42 PM
Glad you all like it - I look forward to the day I can watch it and smile.

Ya know he actually threatened to wear his Armagh top to the altar on his wedding day!!

I can well believe it.

As ONeill says, there are more than a few shaken Tyronies up there!

LOL I bet there are!!

Stephen's months mind Mass is on the 5th of December at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel on Upper Dunmurry Lane. Light refreshments at Mums afterwards.

Would love to see any of you there xx

Michelle

Armamike

Very saddened to hear about Stephen.  I was at the CBS Armagh with Stephen and hadn't seen or heard of him since those days (like many of my classmates). A very intelligent, decent lad. I didn't realise he was a regular poster here, which is a pity now - it would have been good to make contact again. Stephen and his family are in my prayers. RIP.
That's just, like your opinion man.

lawnseed

saw this thread a couple of times and i didnt even open it i thought it was a wind up. good guy, good poster who enjoyed the craic he'll be missed

RIP
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

flog the lot

Joxer

Always enjoyed reading his posts.

RIP

eireogatron

was off for a few weeks on paternity leave and logged into another site to learn of this yesterday.

Gobsmacked and shocked are the 2 words that come to mind. Having just had my first child 3 weeks ago I cannot express or imagine what the family will be going through with the 2 we-ans of ardmhachaabus

My deepest sorrow and condolences to his family and friends. Absolutely desperate news.

I think this thread speaks volumes about him and his popularity, as well as the quality of the GAA community in which he lived and we carry on in his tragic absence.

RIP Stephen

ziggysego

I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments they left for Stephen on the board here. As you know, Orangeman and I have been working on compiling the comments on the post, the private messages and the messages sent to me on Facebook, to present to the McGahan.

I finally got it all completed this week and put it in the post this morning.

Many thanks again for contributing and I hope it will bring some comfort to his family in the months and years ahead.
Testing Accessibility

michelleire

Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2010, 11:56:17 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments they left for Stephen on the board here. As you know, Orangeman and I have been working on compiling the comments on the post, the private messages and the messages sent to me on Facebook, to present to the McGahan.

Many thanks again for contributing and I hope it will bring some comfort to his family in the months and years ahead.

Really cant thank you guys enough for doing this.  We will cherish it.xx

michelleire

Quote from: michelleire on December 03, 2010, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2010, 11:56:17 AM

Really cant thank you guys enough for doing this.  We will cherish it.xx
Just to let you know we got it this morning and again - can't thank you enough. We will treasure it forever.

mannix

Very sad to hear his passing.  strength to his family.

Kerry Mike

I got this message today from 1 of Stephen's sisters, well done Ziggy and Orangeman on getting the messages together , very nice touch lads.

Hi we received the book of tributes today.Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts.It was very emotional and greatly appreciated.Stephen would have been in his element.Please pass on our thanks and gratitude to everyone on the forum from all of us.Elaine.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Maximus Marillius

I haven't posted on the board in the past 18 months, occasionally read it, but not that much truth be told, and I stumbled on this thread by accident. Was shocked to read it, and find that on old poster who contributed so much to the board over the years had passed away. Really sad news. Great idea Orangeman and Ziggy, its a pity I wa unable to make a contribution, but glad to read the family really appreciated the book of tributes. Ardmhachaabu RIP

nifan

God ive rarley been on in last 3-4 months with new job and moving etc, so am only reading this now but am very shocked at this news.
Well done to the lads for organizing the book etc.
He will be missed.

Mack the finger

Amazing to hear Stephen's name mentioned during the ceremony
at half time for the new stand tonight. Meant a lot.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mack the finger on February 06, 2011, 04:01:12 AM
Amazing to hear Stephen's name mentioned during the ceremony
at half time for the new stand tonight. Meant a lot.

Good stuff.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone