Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Ulick

This is my first time on Gaaboard in over 4 months and I'm truly shocked and saddened to hear this. I was chatting to Stephen and his wife briefly after the Dublin game earlier in the year and was glad to hear that he recognised my verbal assaults for the insignificant online banter it was. They were there that day with their beautiful new baby and my heart goes out to his wife and family circle. I know Ardmhachaabu was religious man and I will ensure a Mass is offered for the repose of his soul this weekend. The thoughts and prayers of my family and I are with Stephen and his family.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

michelleire

A message from the family of Stephen McGahan

I am Stephen's sister Michelle.

On Behalf of my family I would like to thank you all for your kind messages.  We found them truly heartwarming at this difficult time.

We buried Stephen in his 2002 Armagh jersey with my late father.  Late in the evening a few of us joined hands and sang 'The Boys From The County Armagh'.

I would like to ask you all for your support and invite you to join the Facebook group set up in his memory.

It is called 'In memory of James and Stephen McGahan'

ARD MHACHA ABU

From all the McGahan family

DoYerJob Linesman

Michelle,  hope you all find the strength to get through these days.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

michelleire

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on November 12, 2010, 07:02:49 PM
Michelle,  hope you all find the strength to get through these days.

Thank you.  Please join our facebook group.

Hoof Hearted

Good to hear from you Michelle, on behalf of Stephen and the McGahan family. I echo what Do Yer Job Linesman says. I'm not on facebook myself but my wife is and i will get her to look it up and join.I hope you see from here, and take comfort from, how much Stephen was thought of on here.

P.S

he would have love to have seen all this and would have had some laugh to himself too !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

michelleire

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2010, 09:24:00 PM
Good to hear from you Michelle, on behalf of Stephen and the McGahan family. I echo what Do Yer Job Linesman says. I'm not on facebook myself but my wife is and i will get her to look it up and join.I hope you see from here, and take comfort from, how much Stephen was thought of on here.

P.S

he would have love to have seen all this and would have had some laugh to himself too !!

Thank you, we have a battle on our hands and need all the support we can get on this matter

Michelleire

Newbridge Exile

RIP Stephen , I have just sent facebook request to join Michelle

michelleire

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on November 12, 2010, 11:24:06 PM
RIP Stephen , I have just sent facebook request to join Michelle

Thank you so much for joining us.

quit yo jibbajabba

Had been seeing if i could stay off the oul board for a month, and come back to see this news; terrible, absoutely terrible;
sincere condolences to all of your family Michelle;

as a father of two under two myself i cant bear to imagine what your family are going through;

again,like a few on here, i didnt know Stephen personally, but definitely knew his moniker;

shocked by this all; RIP

michelleire

Can I please ask all of Stephens online GAA family to PM me for information on how you can support us at this difficult time.

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Ard Mhacha Abu

Michelleire

funtime frankie

I only found out about Stephen's death on Friday and although I've known him for a long time I didn't realise that he was Ard Mhaca Abu. I thought that Armagh hoodie was nailed to his back. It was easy to pick him out at mass - let's face it not too many people wear Armagh hoodies in Belfast and even less wear them to mass. Terrible news. Very, very sad. I have been in shock since I heard the news. I can remember when his father was murdered and then this very untimely death must be terrible for the poor family. Simply awful.

Suaimhneas síoraí da anam gaelach agus déanaim comhbhrón lena mhuintir go hairithe lena bhean óg.

Sandy Hill

Just saw this thread now - R.I.P.
"Stercus accidit"