Author Topic: Poppy Watch  (Read 280422 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Poppy Watch
« Reply #2400 on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »
Was walking the dogs this morning and there were two wee pups wearing their poppies on them, I was horrified! No I wasnít, just walked on by and finished my walk
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »
Was walking the dogs this morning and there were two wee pups wearing their poppies on them, I was horrified! No I wasnít, just walked on by and finished my walk

What better way to remember the horror of the somme

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 10, 2019, 09:32:44 PM »

Thatís the most pathetic thing Iíve ever heard.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 10, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »
Itís a fundraising thing, so buying the poppies for her dogs will fund that charity.

Plenty Irish died on that fateful day. Most wars canít be justified but we manage to commentate and celebrate wars that have happened on this island and then feel that the fascist imperialism of Britain needs to be scorned!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 10, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »
Probably because one is fascist and imperialistic and the types we do like to commemorate were fought to rid us of that imperialism...

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 10, 2019, 11:28:35 PM »
Probably because one is fascist and imperialistic and the types we do like to commemorate were fought to rid us of that imperialism...

Which part of the civil war or recent troubles do you like to commemorate?

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 10, 2019, 11:32:37 PM »
Meanwhile over in England, someone either has massive balls of steel or a major death wish...

Remembrance Sunday disrupted by fireworks in Salford

A man who disrupted a Remembrance Sunday event with fireworks had to be rushed away from angry veterans by police.

The fireworks exploded in the sky as hundreds of people stood in silence at 11:00 GMT and listened to the Last Post at the cenotaph in Eccles, Salford.

A man had set them off from a window ledge in a disused pub across the road.

Angry veterans began shouting, "Get him out!" and trying to break down the pub door before officers took the man away.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said a 38-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and was being questioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50367340
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 10, 2019, 11:35:29 PM »
Meanwhile over in England, someone either has massive balls of steel or a major death wish...

Remembrance Sunday disrupted by fireworks in Salford

A man who disrupted a Remembrance Sunday event with fireworks had to be rushed away from angry veterans by police.

The fireworks exploded in the sky as hundreds of people stood in silence at 11:00 GMT and listened to the Last Post at the cenotaph in Eccles, Salford.

A man had set them off from a window ledge in a disused pub across the road.

Angry veterans began shouting, "Get him out!" and trying to break down the pub door before officers took the man away.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said a 38-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and was being questioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50367340

Was it Benny Itchy or Ogra?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 11, 2019, 07:25:08 AM »
Lookit

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 11, 2019, 12:41:44 PM »
Poppy fascism at its best:

Just caught a glimpse of that Coven on ITV (aka Loose Women) discussing the topic Ďshould we be made to wear a poppy?í

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 11, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »

Thatís the most pathetic thing Iíve ever heard.

Agreed - he should either have red carded them or buried his hurl in them.

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 11, 2019, 09:05:09 PM »

Didnít know nationalist commemorations were only for that and not events like the Easter Rising... Let those who want to wear their poppies wear them, and let those who want to wear the Easter lily wear them also.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 11, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »

Didnít know nationalist commemorations were only for that and not events like the Easter Rising... Let those who want to wear their poppies wear them, and let those who want to wear the Easter lily wear them also.

Youíve never been to a Easter parade and listen to the speeches? I suppose you hear what you want to hear.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
Following up on the story of that remarkable man.

Salford man jailed (4 months) for setting off fireworks at Remembrance Sunday event

Somehow miraculously managed to escape being ripped to pieces by the angry mob frothing at the mouth  in a KKK like frenzy.

https://tinyurl.com/yjnmm6st

Milltown Row 2? (in another guise) commented  on the article "U dirty sc**bag"

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 12, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
@giantpoppywatch is the funniest thing on twitter.