Author Topic: Poppy Watch  (Read 237667 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Poppy Watch
« Reply #2280 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:49 PM »
Any Poppies at tonightís match?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:13 PM »

Seen a poppy on a Norn Iron fleg. McClean wasnít wearing one, but he did have a Norn Iron fleg on his shirt.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: November 16, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »

Seen a poppy on a Norn Iron fleg. McClean wasnít wearing one, but he did have a Norn Iron fleg on his shirt.

There was a balaclava in a tricolour according to Seamie B... turns out it was a Munster badge ;D

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 16, 2018, 10:07:28 AM »

There was a balaclava in a tricolour according to Seamie B... turns out it was a Munster badge ;D
He's an absolute tit.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: November 29, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »
Derry and Strabane council introduce a policy allowing staff to wear the Easter lily and the Poppy.

Well, what do you think of that?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 10, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »
I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 10, 2019, 06:06:48 AM »
I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....
Whatís the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didnít think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 10, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »

Thatís so nobody would miss it. And they wonder why nationalists find it offensive?!

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 10, 2019, 06:48:19 PM »
Some people wear them all year round..was in Belfast city hall last year during the summer and one of the security guards was wearing one  ::)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 10, 2019, 09:13:58 PM »
Some people wear them all year round..was in Belfast city hall last year during the summer and one of the security guards was wearing one  ::)

Thatís cause he knew it would piss you off..
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 10, 2019, 09:36:20 PM »
He can stick his jersey, poppy and all, up his jacksie now.
Careful now

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 10, 2019, 10:47:43 PM »
He can stick his jersey, poppy and all, up his jacksie now.

What are you trying to say? lol

(Rhetorical)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 13, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »
Whatís the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didnít think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 13, 2019, 10:02:13 AM »

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

Had lunch in the Hillgrove in Monaghan a good few years ago and saw a couple wearing them. Got my attention as i wouldn't have expected it there. Not unusual to see the odd one around Dublin

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 13, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »
I have occasionally seen locals going into Sunday Service with Poppy's on but the only one I've seen in the wild as such in Monaghan was at Castle Leslie outside Monaghan Town last year or year before.