Author Topic: The Official Daddies Club  (Read 62997 times)

macdanger2

• View Profile
Re: The Official Daddies Club
« Reply #615 on: August 16, 2019, 10:20:43 PM »
Babies and Holidays - any one any do's or don'ts?

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

bringing the pram on the plane is no problem, you can bring it up to the steps of the plane and they take it off you there. i think the car seat will have to go on as luggage. if you could rent a car seat with the car you might be better off.
its probably the easiest age to travel with a child. between one and 3 its a living nightmare and only gets slightly better as they get older.
not that it ever stopped us going abroad with them at every age but looking back i often wonder was it worth it.

Since we've had kids (last 4 years), we've usually left them with grandparents for the few times we've been away. Brought them the last time but I'd say they'd have been as happy with a playground in mayo

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »
Babies and Holidays - any one any do's or don'ts?

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

bringing the pram on the plane is no problem, you can bring it up to the steps of the plane and they take it off you there. i think the car seat will have to go on as luggage. if you could rent a car seat with the car you might be better off.
its probably the easiest age to travel with a child. between one and 3 its a living nightmare and only gets slightly better as they get older.
not that it ever stopped us going abroad with them at every age but looking back i often wonder was it worth it.

Since we've had kids (last 4 years), we've usually left them with grandparents for the few times we've been away. Brought them the last time but I'd say they'd have been as happy with a playground in mayo
Never brought my lads on a plane till they could carry their own luggage!

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 15, 2019, 01:51:47 PM »
Another little Miss BC has arrived in the world. Her mummy is a staunch Tyrone woman too so thatís creating a fun dynamic....apparently a few half and half jersies are making their way to us!!!

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 15, 2019, 02:10:11 PM »
Another little Miss BC has arrived in the world. Her mummy is a staunch Tyrone woman too so thatís creating a fun dynamic....apparently a few half and half jersies are making their way to us!!!
Liverpool and Armagh?
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 15, 2019, 02:17:03 PM »
Liverpool and Armagh?

Aye that sounds about right!

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 15, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
Well done on both fronts - the safe arrival, and the choice of joint pro-creator. 

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 15, 2019, 02:28:18 PM »
Well done on both fronts - the safe arrival, and the choice of joint pro-creator.

Thanks but maternal grandma is from Armagh so the apples are strong in wee missie!!!