Is this a case of Up the ra, ra, ra, ra, ra??

Started by Doogie Browser, November 01, 2010, 08:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Ha - What was  the crowd reaction like when she came out with the tricolour?

Main Street

A loud shout went up of  Tiocfaidh ar Ga Ga
of course

under the bar

Her show was amazing. Dinnt know waht to make of her before hand and was totally blown away.  In my top 5 of 100+ concerts I'd been to.   What a singer/dancer/entertainer!  Like a female mix of Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury and immensely talented musically.

The Subbie

Will ga ga now become a hate figure on owc? Never liked her music but have a grudging respect for her now!!!

Orangemac

Maybe a case of Tiocfaidh ar GaGa ;)

She might not be as photogenic as the likes of Cheryl Cole but she does produce some catchy tunes and seems to have a bit of an original spark unlike most of these X Factor muppets.

thejuice

She hasn't quite Dave Mustaine'd it but then again the crowd at a Lady GAGA show are unlikely to start digging the head off each other. Anyone in the Antrim Forum in 1988??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

isourboydownyet

was there on saturday night with the wife and i have to admit she was unreal,unbelievable voice.
when she appeared on stage with the tri colour a big cheer went up then there was a few boos but there will be a few narrow minded bigots about

ross4life

Quote from: under the bar on November 01, 2010, 09:16:49 PM
Her show was amazing. Dinnt know waht to make of her before hand and was totally blown away.  In my top 5 of 100+ concerts I'd been to.   What a singer/dancer/entertainer!  Like a female mix of Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury and immensely talented musically.

Jaysus maybe a little over rated there? she kinda reminds me of Madonna when she came onto the scene in the 80s

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

isourboydownyet

Quote from: ross4life on November 02, 2010, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 01, 2010, 09:16:49 PM

Jaysus maybe a little over rated there? she kinda reminds me of Madonna when she came onto the scene in the 80s

was just thinking that myself,she is being a bit out there and courts controversy which inturn gives her the exposure she wants and theres plenty of fools who fall for it ie:belfast telegraph but at the end of the day she is a very talented lady.

johnneycool

Quote from: thejuice on November 02, 2010, 12:38:12 AM
She hasn't quite Dave Mustaine'd it but then again the crowd at a Lady GAGA show are unlikely to start digging the head off each other. Anyone in the Antrim Forum in 1988??

good ole Dave and Megadeth, missed that show but I heard it was a bit raw when he started into their version of anarchy in the UK by saying something about the 'cause'.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on November 02, 2010, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 02, 2010, 12:38:12 AM

good ole Dave and Megadeth, missed that show but I heard it was a bit raw when he started into their version of anarchy in the UK by saying something about the 'cause'.
Holy Wars is allegedly based on that gig.

Maguire01

under the bar

QuoteJaysus maybe a little over rated there? she kinda reminds me of Madonna when she came onto the scene in the 80s

Bit of a lazy comparison there but possibly you are just referring to the controversy.  Madonna is/was a dancer manufactured into an artist who mimes on stage. 

isourboydownyet

Quote from: under the bar on November 02, 2010, 10:07:43 PM
QuoteJaysus maybe a little over rated there? she kinda reminds me of Madonna when she came onto the scene in the 80s

Bit of a lazy comparison there but possibly you are just referring to the controversy.  Madonna is/was a dancer manufactured into an artist who mimes on stage.

can you give us a hardworking comparison?