THIS WILL HELP OUR ECONOMY...?

Started by lawnseed, October 31, 2010, 06:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Have you had a brain wave lately thats a winner? something that doesn't involve shooting all bankers/politicians? your idea can be small or big its only a bit of craic after all..
   i suggest we sell lough neagh to some rich drought ridden country eg Saudi Arabia. its the largest fresh water lake in the British isles and worth a fortune in countries where they have to desalinate sea water and sometimes go to war over the stuff its already piped to Belfast and could be easily loaded onto tankers from there.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

andoireabu

We could build a big wall around tyrone and make it fairly high. that would put a lot of quarry men, lorry men, builders etc back in work and off the brew.  Great wall of Ireland for the tourists and tell them the leprechauns built it
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

BennyHarp

Quote from: andoireabu on October 31, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
We could build a big wall around tyrone and make it fairly high. that would put a lot of quarry men, lorry men, builders etc back in work and off the brew.  Great wall of Ireland for the tourists and tell them the leprechauns built it

I'd back any idea that keeps Derry people out of Tyrone.
That was never a square ball!!

ardmhachaabu

Would this wall have any way out for Tyronies?  If not, I fully support this idea  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

andoireabu

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 31, 2010, 06:29:16 PM
Would this wall have any way out for Tyronies?  If not, I fully support this idea  :D
we could paint a door on it, give them hope

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: andoireabu on October 31, 2010, 06:41:29 PM

You wouldn't actually need to make it too big.  6 and a half foot would keep most of them in :P

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on October 31, 2010, 06:41:29 PM

You wouldn't actually need to make it too big.  6 and a half foot would keep most of them in :P

I'm sure BC1 means the wall, not the door.

Once the wall is built, we could sell space inside as a refuse dump.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

So is it the British economy we are helping with these ideas then?

I'd rather if it was ideas to help the Irish economy to be honest.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lilpaulie85

invest in off shore wind farms and tidal stations, we could be exporting enough clean energy to power the whole of europe with the weather and seas we get off the west coast
Chase the dream not the competition.

andoireabu

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 31, 2010, 06:54:40 PM

So is it the British economy we are helping with these ideas then?

I'd rather if it was ideas to help the Irish economy to be honest.
the man who started the thread is from armagh so i took it he meant up here

red hander

Not only would this protect our county from contamination by the inbreds, but it would also protect our sheep population from unsolicited sexual harassment by same... andoireabu, you're a bona fide genius.

mylestheslasher

I have no interest in helping the economy of the british isles, where ever they are.

The Worker

Take an hour off every monday nite, say between 10 and 11, and add it to every weekend.

This will put people in a better mood as weekend is longer, shorten the most depressing day of the wk, as well as add £s to the economy in the shape of increased spending at the wkend by tourists etc

Lawrence of Knockbride

The only British Isle I know of is across the way from us.

ziggysego

Get all the hot air Mike Sheeny talks and use it as a natural energy source.
Testing Accessibility