Slane 2011

Started by beer baron, October 29, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Cant see it being anything other than a mud bath with all the recent rain.
Anyone got anything definite on running times and schedule ?

Wellies and waterproofs the order of the day

Bingo

NO QUEUING BEFORE 12.00 NOON - PLEASE NOTE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

12:00 CAR PARKS OPEN

13.00 CONCERT GATES OPEN

13:30 THE WHIGS

14.30 MONA

15.45 WHITE LIES

17.00 THIN LIZZY

18.30 ELBOW

Followed by KINGS OF LEON!!!!

Without doubt the footwear is key. I found a good pair of football socks and knee lenght shorts work well with a good waterproof jacket. KOL on round 8.30 I'd say.

Radda bout yeee

Anyone got a list of the concert rules???

You allowed any liquids in? I presume alcohol is barred on way in?? Might have to try and sneak a half bottle in to keep me lit! lol

Bensars

Searched at gates. If you have it in the likes of a coke bottle they will take the screw tops of it.
Just bring spare screw tops.

Or buy a hydration pack   ;)

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Bensars on May 26, 2011, 01:21:40 PM
Searched at gates. If you have it in the likes of a coke bottle they will take the screw tops of it.
Just bring spare screw tops.

Or buy a hydration pack   ;)

tell me more - i'm interested!

Bensars

Heatons £8 ( so i was told). Designed for cyclists, walkers etc. Tube down the sleeve  and you can supp away to yer hearts content. Hold about a 1.5 lts

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Bensars on May 26, 2011, 01:58:50 PM

Heatons £8 ( so i was told). Designed for cyclists, walkers etc. Tube down the sleeve  and you can supp away to yer hearts content. Hold about a 1.5 lts

LMAO!
Good idea!

Also was looking up the rules - no alcohol. Therefore even it is in a plastic bottle will they not take it of you?
Think i remember when I was at Oasis i had bucky in a plastic bottle and he nabbed from me and chucked it!  :(

Bingo

Very hit or miss at slane, I know some people who never seen got asked for tickets at the final gate, never mind searched. Then I've seen people having to empty bags and cameras emptied batteries. Much like most big concerts - can depend on the jobsworth steward.

I do like those bags!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Bingo on May 26, 2011, 03:34:25 PM
Very hit or miss at slane, I know some people who never seen got asked for tickets at the final gate, never mind searched. Then I've seen people having to empty bags and cameras emptied batteries. Much like most big concerts - can depend on the jobsworth steward.

I do like those bags!

Best of it was - I even offered to sink the rest of it to the stewart and he said no - went to do it anyway and he said 'you sink that and your going to the back of the queue!!' so i gave in and let the black gold go!!!  :(

What tipple would you put in your hydration pack??

Bingo

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 26, 2011, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 26, 2011, 03:34:25 PM

I do like those bags!

Best of it was - I even offered to sink the rest of it to the stewart and he said no - went to do it anyway and he said 'you sink that and your going to the back of the queue!!' so i gave in and let the black gold go!!!  :(

What tipple would you put in your hydration pack??

Vodka and coke would do very well!

vav

Aws I can't wait for Saturday now.. should be some craic.. heading down for Thin Lizzy, Elbow and KOL.. no interest in seeing the other bands..

As for trying to bring in alcohol I wouldn't be bothered wasting my monyey risking it.. we got half cut on the bus down to Oxegen last yr and then when we were walking in we all had unopened bottles of water in our hands. One of the stewards opened my water bottle, breaking the seal, and threw it out stating that he thought there was vodka in it.. FFS ya broke the seal on it dumbass of course there was only water in it! I'd be rightly p'd off if it had've been vodka!!

Family guy

Thinking I might need wellies for the amount of clunge that could be about  ;)

Maguire01

It is a shocking image, but the person who took the photo and those who shared it are beyond contempt. Given the girl's age, could they also be guilty of distributing images?

Can't imagine what the girl and her family are going through now.

thebigfella

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 19, 2013, 05:55:53 PM
It is a shocking image, but the person who took the photo and those who shared it are beyond contempt. Given the girl's age, could they also be guilty of distributing images?

Can't imagine what the girl and her family are going through now.

Any links?