Male Child Minders

Started by Rick O Shea, October 22, 2010, 11:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2010, 08:14:09 PM
a mate of mine gave his job up for a year to look after his own 2 weans. liked it that much he went on for another year, and has now started his 3rd. fair play to him. i have 3 under 3 and sometimes i look forward to a monday morning at work now !

fair play to you Hoof, I have 4, three boys then a girl but there is 11 years between them all. 4 is a big family now days
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hoof Hearted

I only got married 4 years ago, when i was 35 (wife was 28 ;D) so there was no point in waiting to start a family, but we certainly didnt plan the way it's turned out ! No complaining though, and we are actually glad it's turned out this way, cause all we have know in 3 1/2 years is nappies bottles and sleepless nights. and will do for another couple of years at least anyway.

Unlike you Square Ball, you had a gap somewhere obviously. Was it not hard starting all that again after a break ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2010, 08:51:47 PM
jesus there is 5 of us too, and 6 in my ma's family ! were very similar, good luck with number 3 next summer  :D
Mrs has a phobia about matches in Armagh, each time she got pregnant coincided with going to Armagh to watch football.  She won't go to any games with me this year  :o
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Hoof Hearted

maybe she will celebrate with you next Sat night if Steven Mcdonnell lifts the Cormac McAnallen Trophy  ;)

the 2 of yous watch it on TV, bottle of wine.......

Square Ball

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2010, 09:01:11 PM
I only got married 4 years ago, when i was 35 (wife was 28 ;D) so there was no point in waiting to start a family, but we certainly didnt plan the way it's turned out ! No complaining though, and we are actually glad it's turned out this way, cause all we have know in 3 1/2 years is nappies bottles and sleepless nights. and will do for another couple of years at least anyway.

Unlike you Square Ball, you had a gap somewhere obviously. Was it not hard starting all that again after a break ?

No not really, it was difficult for a short while but like you probably its all in the routine you get into.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2010, 09:18:20 PM
maybe she will celebrate with you next Sat night if Steven Mcdonnell lifts the Cormac McAnallen Trophy  ;)

the 2 of yous watch it on TV, bottle of wine.......
Haha not a chance
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Square Ball on October 22, 2010, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2010, 09:01:11 PM

No not really, it was difficult for a short while but like you probably its all in the routine you get into.

that's it. like everything else in life you take whatever this life throws you, deal with it  and get on.

but getting back to the original thread title, i still wouldn't fancy being a full time child minder.

ardmhachaabu

I wouldn't leave my kids with a male child minder. 

I await the outrage from the PC brigade with dis-interest

5 Sams

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 22, 2010, 09:37:21 PM

Why?
The Aristocrat Years

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 22, 2010, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 22, 2010, 09:37:21 PM

Why?
It's too weird for me (that really takes something too)

Hoof Hearted

it;s a difficult one. i think i would find it weird too. now we are lucky in that our child minder is my mother in law, so we dont have to worry about leaving them with anybody else, but if our case was different, i would definately prefer to leave them with a woman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2010, 09:55:04 PM
Aye, male child minders are weirdos.
Did you get touched in a special place? And I don't mean Falls Bowling and Lawn Tennis Club.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2010, 12:20:50 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2010, 12:17:18 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2010, 09:55:04 PM
Aye, male child minders are weirdos.
Did you get touched in a special place? And I don't mean Falls Bowling and Lawn Tennis Club.
Falls Lawn Tennis and Bowling club.

No but get real here, if I ever met a male child minder, I'd be thinking "WTF is this rocket about?"
A fella I used to work with went back to college to train as a midwife (or midhusband?!). Strange.

Maguire01

Puckoon

My initial thought on the matter is that I wouldnt consider a day care provider who was a male. That said, if I met or came to know one and thought they were the best at their job - I wouldnt give it a second thought. Pre-conceptions are dangerous things. Couple of years ago I didnt think Id ever be great friends with a gay couple, but you change, grow up, grow more accepting and realise there are a lot of outdated ignorant notions out there.