Poll

County Chairman 2011- 2016?

Cyril Feehily
Peter McHugh
Christy Murphy
Joe Taafe
Michael Leonard

Author Topic: Sligo County Chairman 2011-2016  (Read 8125 times)

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
Re: Sligo County Chairman 2011-2016
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
I hear John Murphy will opposed on the Vice Chairman position.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:23:17 AM by SLIGONIAN »
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Richard Brennan formerly of Sligo CCC, and bunninaden man will oppose John Murphy on the Vice Chairman position, got this from Hoganstand.

Wonder will there be in withdrawals on the night..

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »
Richard Brennan formerly of Sligo CCC, and bunninaden man will oppose John Murphy on the Vice Chairman position, got this from Hoganstand.

Wonder will there be in withdrawals on the night..

That's a good one. They used to be pretty friendly one time. I hear there was a third person nominated for that job who knew nothnig about his "nomination". Gas!

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
Well today is the day. Hopefully things go Cyril's way tonight, I think he would do a fantastic job.

Some interesting motions and even more importantly in my eyes, some proposed revisions to bye-laws that are up for ratification. A few of them have considerable impact on our club (one being a committee where the county board and not our club get to pick who represents our club on a committee - I'm not making this up!) but we have not been consulted at all about them. I suppose that's unsurprising given the way things have been done in the last 5 years.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
Well today is the day. Hopefully things go Cyril's way tonight, I think he would do a fantastic job.

Some interesting motions and even more importantly in my eyes, some proposed revisions to bye-laws that are up for ratification. A few of them have considerable impact on our club (one being a committee where the county board and not our club get to pick who represents our club on a committee - I'm not making this up!) but we have not been consulted at all about them. I suppose that's unsurprising given the way things have been done in the last 5 years.
Should be an interesting night tonight. Hopefully start of a new era in Sligo GAA, hopefully the clubs will do the right thing. However with secret ballot im sure voters have told all 4 candidate that they will vote for them so its impossible to predict. In the lead up to this i know ive been told lies and obviously a dirty tricks campaign against some candidates was in place. Candidates taking credit for things they had little or no involvement.

Another thing that annoys me is the spin on the state of Sligo football, the junior all ireland is same level as tommy murphy cup imo, ok to win but not a barometer of where we are at as a county, div3 is 3rd tier of football, good to win, but again its a poor standard. No underage title, no minor championship win in Murphys 5 yrs in charge, we did beat leittrim in round robin but it wasnt knock out. U21s have beaten galway twice and leitrim once in 5 yrs so a little bit better. Still in the waffle of the development plan it stated to win a minor in 3yrs even though the plan hadnt a step by step guide how to give us the best chance just waffle.

Westie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
Bye - laws - - what is the story here. A raft of them changed and no discussion or even mention that some were changed or added. Definitely trying to sneak it in. It is shocking and I did not think it had gone to this level. Democracy my "$%

Motions- agree with most of them and at least it is good to see that this form of democracy is working though of course they could all be ruled out of order (why doesn't some committee meet with the clubs so that they are not out of order on the night, I know we have heard nothing on our submissions)

Chair - -It all depends on the transfers I believe. Cyril will win the first round easy but will he get transfers, I don't think he will need many but that is the biggie. Joe is supposed to be the second favourite.

Vice-chair - I hear that this is now down to one(in the last few mins I heard this) and that R.Brennan has a free run at it.

Good luck to them all, whoever, as there is some amount of work there.

Transparency is my main wish at this point