Underage player hospitalised after attack

Started by Joxer, October 20, 2010, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

I had heard something about this but I was not sure how serious it was.  Speaks for itself.  Something is going to have to be done about this.  It is happening all too often.

From Hoganstand:

A young footballer in Donegal was hospitalised after he was allegedly kicked in the face while tying his bootlaces.

The incident took place in the closing stages last weekend's Donegal Northern Regional under 15 final between St. Eunan's of Letterkenny and Urris from Inishowen. The youngster was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital where he is being treated for a serious facial injury, a suspected broken jaw and missing teeth.

GAA officials in the county have launched an investigation into the matter.

Square Ball

Jez, if true, his club should look at a very long term ban. we do not need this shit in our game
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SHEEDY

the player that done that should be banned for life from the gaa and his club punished as well. no place for that in gaa. hope the young fella involved makes a full recovery.
nil satis nisi optimum

longrunsthefox

That is disgusting although there is a kangaroo getting more sympathy on a thread further south.

muppet

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 08:59:16 PM
That is disgusting although there is a kangaroo getting more sympathy on a thread further south.

You are outraged at the lack of outrage here and point to an excess of outrage elsewhere to prove your point?

The kangaroo idiot will rightfully be prosecuted but this protagonist probably won't. Something seriously wrong there.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

People need to get the law involved on every single ocassion, only when this message slowly sinks in at all levels Committee and teams will there be a root and branch change of attitude.  I wouldn't know what I'd be at if that was a son of mine in hospital >:(

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 08:59:16 PM

you are worse than Fearon

re: the OP - that's a sickening story - and the player in question should indeed receive a long suspension

longrunsthefox

angermanagement

If the thug done it on the street he would be in front of the courts and facing the prospect of doing time, there should no hiding place for him or his likes - let them face the full force of the law.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2010, 09:14:55 PM
People need to get the law involved on every single ocassion, only when this message slowly sinks in at all levels Committee and teams will there be a root and branch change of attitude.  I wouldn't know what I'd be at if that was a son of mine in hospital >:(

Agreed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 08:59:16 PM

You are outraged at the lack of outrage here and point to an excess of outrage elsewhere to prove your point?

The kangaroo idiot will rightfully be prosecuted but this protagonist probably won't. Something seriously wrong there.

+1

ziggysego

Shocking news. There's a lot of wee thugs about. Hope the young fella won't be too traumatised by it.
Testing Accessibility

Applesisapples

Kids don't lick it up of the ground, they imitate their elders, the whole issue of off the ball assaults wether verbal or physical needs to stop. The language of parents, players and mentors at underage games would make a nun blush, that verbal aggression very often translates into physical aggression.

longrunsthefox

There is a sneaking admiration for dirt and then people are appaled when this happens. Tyrone club semi-final on Saturday it is common knowledge that a star county minor player got 'sorted out' by a much older more experienced player. He got a very heavy sneaky punch that the ref didn't see. Few people are condemining it as it was seen as cuteness, manners put on him etc. Is an anomoly here. If the dig had smashed his jaw would have been outrage. You condone the 'little' digs and the big ones follow.     

ardmhachaabu

In my experience there is section of people in the GAA who see this sort of carry-on as acceptable, as part of it etc.  They are as much to blame as the sc**bag who committed this assault on another GAA member.  The PSNI should be called in each and every time something like this happens.  County boards should weigh behind the victim and be seen to ensure that the culprit is kicked out of the Association.  The GAA need to get rid of the scum element within it, for they do exist
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something