GAA fans cause crowd violence and riots

Started by lynchbhoy, October 20, 2010, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

ok its not GAA fans (it never is !!!) - a couple of people will be expecting me topost this so I cant let them down.
To be fair- its not even soccer fans, as Ireland have a fantastic rep throughout the world for fans behaviour.
its these young feckers that follow rovers (though in the tv clip I saw earlier there was an older chap on the pitch looking to fight also).

the fai need to sort rovers and ther so called fans out.
There are a lot of rovers fans I know who are decent and sound, but this other shower are f**king it up for everyone.

from rte.ie
St Pat's to investigate post-match incidents
  Wednesday, 20 October 2010 14:17
St Patrick's Athletic are to investigate the incidents that occured after last night's FAI Ford Cup semi-final against Shamrock Rovers at Richmond Park.

The club has also pledged to take immediate action against any fans found to be involved in the post-match crowd trouble.

Pat's were beaten 1-0 at Richmond Park and after the game, a number of Shamrock Rovers supporters invaded the pitch. Pat's fans then also entered the playing area and GardaĆ­ and security staff were forced to intervene as fans engaged in taunting and aggressive behaviour.

A statement by St Pat's said they are committed to ensuring that Richmond Park remains a place where fans can enjoy football in a 'safe, secure and friendly environment'.

A statement on the club website www.stpatsfc.ie said: 'St Patrick's Athletic have already committed to taking action against any supporters found to be involved in the disturbances.

'St Patrick's Athletic is committed to ensuring that Richmond Park is a place where people can enjoy football in a safe, secure and friendly environment.

'A full review of the incidents that occurred at the end of last night's match is already underway at the club.

'Strong and immediate action will be taken by St Patrick's Athletic against any home supporters found to be involved in crowd disturbances of any kind on the night.'

magpie seanie

What do you expect from an ass but a kick.

dublinfella

It appears from all the media reporting that the mischief came from the Pats fans who attacked celebrating Rovers fans....

The 4 arrested were Pats fans....

Statement quoted is from Pats who are investigating their fans...

Yet you still want the FAI to 'sort Rovers out' and describe some kids throwing shapes as a 'riot'? If that was a 'riot' what was the Leinster Final?

Want vinegar for that chip?

muppet

Quote from: dublinfella on October 20, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
It appears from all the media reporting that the mischief came from the Pats fans who attacked celebrating Rovers fans....

The 4 arrested were Pats fans....

Statement quoted is from Pats who are investigating their fans...

Yet you still want the FAI to 'sort Rovers out' and describe some kids throwing shapes as a 'riot'? If that was a 'riot' what was the Leinster Final?

Want vinegar for that chip?

Are you saying is that it wasn't us it was them and anyway because other idiots did it in Croke Park that makes it ok?
MWWSI 2017

dublinfella

Quote from: muppet on October 20, 2010, 03:44:59 PM

Are you saying is that it wasn't us it was them and anyway because other idiots did it in Croke Park that makes it ok?

What I am saying is that what happened last night was not a riot and what unsavoury things that happened were instigated by the Pats fans. Lynchboy, yet again, has excelled himself with hyperbole and nonsense.

People in glass houses etc.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on October 20, 2010, 03:51:21 PM
What I am saying is that what happened last night was not a riot and what unsavoury things that happened were instigated by the Pats fans. Lynchboy, yet again, has excelled himself with hyperbole and nonsense.

whatever you like to call it - you dont find the same kind of thing being done by GAA fans...

also - is it sheer coincidence that its always rovers ?

no chip on my shoulder- you prev challenged me to prove that such incidents of crowd violence actually exist in soccer and also to point out any events that pertain to rovers (paraphrasing but that was the gist).
OK I am not saying that all rovers fans are scum - but they have a big problem - even you cant stick your head in the sand over this  !

whats the glass houses thing - what are you trying to say - do you have reports of similar running battles and fights between fans at top level GAA games?
didnt think so!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PM

whatever you like to call it - you dont find the same kind of thing being done by GAA fans...

How do you know the people involved are not GAA fans? they could be Rovers fans and Dublin Gaa fans for all you know
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2010, 05:01:55 PM

How do you know the people involved are not GAA fans? they could be Rovers fans and Dublin Gaa fans for all you know
if they are, then they dont do it at GAA games...why is that ?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:06:37 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2010, 05:01:55 PM

if they are, then they dont do it at GAA games...why is that ?

Too locked and Spaced out from all the drink and drugs on the Hill?

Anyway my point is you have no way of knowing if these lads involved aren't also members of Gaa Clubs and attend Gaa matches,they could be just as big Gaa fans as soccer fans..
They might be scumbags but that doesn't mean they aren't Gaa fans
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2010, 05:08:25 PM
Too locked and Spaced out from all the drink and drugs on the Hill?

Anyway my point is you have no way of knowing if these lads involved aren't also members of Gaa Clubs and attend Gaa matches,they could be just as big Gaa fans as soccer fans..
They might be scumbags but that doesn't mean they aren't Gaa fans
thats fine and I understand what you mean

however the whole point of this is to yet again provide roversfella with the examples he was looking for in relation to crowd/fan violence in soccer and at games and that
IT DOESNT HAPPEN IN THE GAA

you get local rows and fights in local soccer and GAA games
but at these higher levels of soccer and GAA - there is only crowd/fan violence at soccer (and generally when rovers are playing).
thats the point.
rovers need to sort out these thugs as they are ruining it for the rest of their fans and for the league soccer people in Ireland.

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PMwhatever you like to call it - you dont find the same kind of thing being done by GAA fans...

No, they bate the referee and players. Different, but the same.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PMalso - is it sheer coincidence that its always rovers ?

Biggest fanbase = more of everything. Combined with a media that jump up and down on any little incident (in all sports) and you have your column inches. And my understanding is Bohs are by a mile the worst. Pub in Derry, that granny in Austria etc.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PMno chip on my shoulder- you prev challenged me to prove that such incidents of crowd violence actually exist in soccer and also to point out any events that pertain to rovers (paraphrasing but that was the gist).

Was it 'crowd violence' though? A few kids throwing shapes and then they all went home. Its hardly Heysel...

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PMOK I am not saying that all rovers fans are scum - but they have a big problem - even you cant stick your head in the sand over this  !

I couldn't give a rashers one way or the other, my issue here is your low brow attempts to score points while completely denying that there is a similar issue in the GAA. Was anyone arrested or banned over the Leinster Final? Or that lad videoed clipping a ref with a hurl in Tipp? Bad and all as Rovers reputation is, they deal with fans who act up.

wha
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:00:11 PMts the glass houses thing - what are you trying to say - do you have reports of similar running battles and fights between fans at top level GAA games?
didnt think so!

As I said, rather than target other fans, GAA hooligans attack players and officials. Its utter nonesense after the summer the GAA had in terms of off field issues to point a finger at anyone. Clean our own house first.

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 20, 2010, 05:31:36 PM
be scumbags but that doesn't mean they aren't Gaa fans
thats fine and I understand what you mean

however the whole point of this is to yet again provide roversfella with the examples he was looking for in relation to crowd/fan violence in soccer and at games and that
IT DOESNT HAPPEN IN THE GAA

you get local rows and fights in local soccer and GAA games
but at these higher levels of soccer and GAA - there is only crowd/fan violence at soccer (and generally when rovers are playing).
thats the point.
rovers need to sort out these thugs as they are ruining it for the rest of their fans and for the league soccer people in Ireland.
[/quote]

So the Leinster final wasn't marred by crowd trouble that ended up with the GAA erecting fences?

A raft of referees weren't happy slapped by fans over the summer?

Will you rev up. Every sport has problems that manifest in different ways. The GAA doesn't have a higer moral ground here.

lynchbhoy

LOL
the GAA have mountaintop moral ground here !
you talk about others speaking in hyperbole !! :D

fences erected in Croker to stop crowds coming onto pitch for health and safety reasons - not even close to being the same as th eviolence that follows rovers and some fai soccer teams

secondly while these two to three fellas that went after the ref at leinster final (think one may have pushed him) and two more went after joe sheridan/mark ward - this ONE OFF is a hell of a long way off what soccer endures.
BUT these identified fans have been banned from their clubs last I heard. I'd have preferred they were done by the gardai to be honest.
The GAA acted at least at club level here.what do rovers do ?
why does it continue with rovers all the time.
Bohs dont have this problem. first I have heard of it if this is true. give us some evidence where other fai soccer teams have the same fan problem then !

anyhow you asked for evidence from me before and said that soccer violence didnt exist and GAA violence not only existed at the same level - but was worse ! ::)
so I post each time now to prove this. This is the third incident in a few months I believe.

If you are going to try to drag in local Club GAA to the equation, then you will have to also drag in local soccer -where one is as bad as the other at least. We are highlighting the difference between fai soccer clubs and GAA intercounty matches here ! - and boy is there a difference in the behaviour of the soccer fans and their violence by comparison to GAA fans !!

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 21, 2010, 01:24:58 PM
LOL
the GAA have mountaintop moral ground here !
you talk about others speaking in hyperbole !! :D

To be honest they don't. There are incidents at soccer. There are incidents at GAA. You are the one trying to point score, despite getting your story completely arseways.

fences erected in Croker to stop crowds coming onto pitch for health and safety reasons - not even close to being the same as th eviolence that follows rovers and some fai soccer teams

So there wasn't a (far worse) incident at the Leinster Final? That wasn't refered to in the justification for the fences?

secondly while these two to three fellas that went after the ref at leinster final (think one may have pushed him) and two more went after joe sheridan/mark ward - this ONE OFF is a hell of a long way off what soccer endures.
BUT these identified fans have been banned from their clubs last I heard. I'd have preferred they were done by the gardai to be honest.
The GAA acted at least at club level here.what do rovers do ?
why does it continue with rovers all the time.

Link to the action against the Louth fans? The guy who belted a ref with a hurl in Tipp is still active in his local club. You cannot even almost begin to say enough is being done to root out the element in the GAA. The fact they don't fight with rival fans is irrelevant.

Rovers ban and will ban anyone who messes. But in this case the Pats fans were the ones up to no good, and they were huckled immediatly by the GardaĆ­. Something they don't do when it kicks off at the GAA.

Bohs dont have this problem. first I have heard of it if this is true. give us some evidence where other fai soccer teams have the same fan problem then !

A Bohs fan was done in an Austrian Court for sticking an old lady in a coma. Bohs fans were jailed for smashing up a loyalist pub in Derry.

The point is though that you are painting the LoI as a hotbed of carnage. It is in its arse. Incidents happen in the same way they happen in Gaelic Games. No-one has the monopoly on it.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 21, 2010, 01:24:58 PManyhow you asked for evidence from me before and said that soccer violence didnt exist and GAA violence not only existed at the same level - but was worse ! ::)
so I post each time now to prove this. This is the third incident in a few months I believe.

Will I go through all the incidents over the summer of fans attacking officials, players getting hospitalised etc? Again, it happens. But I don't see the soccer lads denying they have an issue and deflecting like you do.

If you are going to try to drag in local Club GAA to the equation, then you will have to also drag in local soccer -where one is as bad as the other at least. We are highlighting the difference between fai soccer clubs and GAA intercounty matches here ! - and boy is there a difference in the behaviour of the soccer fans and their violence by comparison to GAA fans !!

I disagree. You could argue soccer fans have respect for the match officials and players and never attack them. Its six of one.

lynchbhoy

so you are trying to drag it down to all the same !
I said that the same kind of incidents at local level occur in soccer as well as GAA - refs getting hit and fights etc. Have seen them and have been involved in them (fearful for our lives at leinster junior cup games in jobstown and cardiff inn fc ) .

the 'Irish mail on sunday' at least - ran the story about the half dozen of fans that were guilty of the leinster final shennanigans - and named them too. Commented that they had been banned by their local GAA.

fence was a joke in Croker- as if there was a real problem, they would have put it up all around the ground immediately. Its insurance reasons driving this - not violence - but nice try.

I am simple providng the evidence for you as it happens, incident by incident - but each time you deny them !!

fai leagues in (semi pro) soccer have fan violence on a reoccurring basis. Intercounty GAA games dont. pity you cant see this is the case or refuse to acknowlede it as they are not 'as bad as each other'  ::). Yer living in De-nial old chap !