Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

No-one's apologising for them. It just seems some of the reaction is a bit hysterical.   

caughtredhanded

Its hard not to get upset when reading some of the infantile, slack jawed comments on this thread.... "Its funny because its so random"..."will it be a kangaroo court"..."a bushtucker trial".

Where do people get the idea that this is funny? It's sick and repulsive.

longrunsthefox

Ok...   btw...   does anyone know the name of that restaurant in Belfast does kangaroo meat? 

caughtredhanded

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 02:19:35 PM
Ok...   btw...   does anyone know the name of that restaurant in Belfast does kangaroo meat?

Are you seriously suggesting a similarity between the consumption of animal meat and the prolonged torture, abuse and barbaric killing of a terrified animal in a hotel function room?

Gabriel_Hurl

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 20, 2010, 09:45:33 AM
What is missing in people's lives that they find something like this funny?  If this was a crowd of younger ones say 14-15 that might not have that mush sense, well, you could maybe pass it as youthful stupidity but this was a 30th birthday party!!!  I despair about people and wonder how little we have really evolved over the years.

My thoughts exactly.

To those telling people to cop on for being annoyed at these scumbags, there is a difference between eating meat and torturing (and evidently killing) an animal for fun. If you can't see the difference it says a lot.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 20, 2010, 02:25:41 PM
it's fox "trying" to be "funny"

Fox is asking where the restaurant is... I have said it was wrong and am just going off on a tangent. I'm sure you don't mind eating chickens that get their necks wrung and are over crowded in pens for days on end or cows get shot and then get their throats slit when they are half dead or live lobsters who get fuced into boiling water for our pleasure...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 02:19:35 PM

Not the same at all, btw I would like to know where that restaurant is, I quite like Kangaroo meat, used to eat it all the time in Australia.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

longrunsthefox

There is a place in Belfast does kangaroo and crocodile and other diverse stuff. Have never tasted either tho

supersarsfields

Think The Morning Star used to do some stuff like Kangaroo and Crod meat. Not sure if it's still going as this was years ago.

leenie

There seems to be various opinions/ high horsers regarding this incident. You cannot compare the abuse of animal to animal that is a part of food chain.

also with regards to people feeling outrage to animal abuse some would argue that it's a sub conscience emotion. From an early age humans are subjected to knowledge of human torture whether they are aware of it or not. As young children we learn or human torture whether it be from news/t.v in the background to fairytales. But also when we are young we grow a fondness to animals, such as having dogs/bears as cuddly toys that comfort us.

someone mentioned having "perspective"... this reminds me of a quote from a film ... have some perspective, some people count and others don't.. I don't think anyone is trying to claim that this is the only animal abuse or that worse things don't happen but it does trigger something in us that angers us about human behaviour...

because of the formentioned fondness for animals, situations like this makes me wonder, if a human could to this to a defenceless animal (for fun)  imagine what they could do human.

whoever done this i hoped is named and is a sc**bag.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 20, 2010, 01:56:02 PM
Please explain how this is the case and please bear in mind that there is a huge difference between the abuse and needless killing of animals and rearing animals for food. 

OK but you bear in mind I responded to posts talking about electric chairs and disembowelment for the offenders!

Our society purchases food/products imported from all over the world. Your purchase may not have come from as well a treated source as you think. Animal testing springs to mind, animals being crammed into tight, dirty living quarters for most of their lives springs to mind. The suffering of animals from pollution and waste springs to mind. The destruction of natural habitats to mine for some resource or another that is used for some needless bauble we are all to ready to shell out for, also. Are they all necessary and is there no wastage involved?

Yes, no 1 animal might suffer as much as this kangaroo did on that one night when it was apparently given the william wallace treatment on a dublin dancefloor but FFS we as a society buy food and products everyday that overall contribute to the suffering of millions of animals.

In answer to your 2nd question, you can be outraged all you want. Don't get me wrong, i think these folks are tramps, but i'll not be marching in the streets over it and neither will other posters who are foaming at the mouth. I am not denying people their right to be outraged at all, just commenting on it as by and large 'hot air' with about as much backbone as a tabloid headline. I always suspect that a lot of people treat outrage as something to indulge in round the kitchen table and try to out do each other in terms of articulating what grisly punishment fits the bill. Hot air merchants who go beyond rational condemnation.

Your last question is that condescending I couldn't be bothered replying to it. I think its quite clear my reply was levelled at the disproportion of the outrage rather than the presence of it.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ross4life

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 20, 2010, 03:28:38 PM
There is a place in Belfast does kangaroo and crocodile and other diverse stuff. Have never tasted either tho

Have you ever eaten veal?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Banana Man

backbone Whiskeysteve?

Don't question my backbone and yes you were referring to me, whenever you confront 4 bad looking jacks, in the corner of a bog, about half a mile from a main road, with snarling dogs tied to one hand and shovels and rifles in the other and tell them to get the fu*k out of a field they shouldn't be in then come back and question people's bacbone.

You have mde a sweeping generalisation about what certain posters do or do not do without knowing who anyone is, so don't state what i will or will not be doing

whiskeysteve

I ain't questioning your backbone. I don't know you. I'd question the backbone of your statements though.

"being tied to the back of a yute by their own entrails and towed along a dusty highway at 80 miles an hour for an evening would be more appropriate."

hot air and hollow words lad. Stephen Nolanesque.

(*affix further condemnation of kangaroo swingers lest I be labelled rabid supporter of animal abuse)
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w