Cork V Tyrone NFL

Started by never kickt a ball, February 20, 2007, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cusack

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 21, 2007, 05:06:27 PM
agh cusack are you a langer my friend?

yes.  i was one of the few rebels in omagh this time last year.  presume ye'll bring a bigger crew to pairc ui rinn?

realredhandfan

I thought you were a tyrone man  ;) I know who goes by the same name.  Worjk on Saturday so unable to make it.  Cork is the only county in Ireland Ive never been in.  Gutted that a great weekend is spoiled again by work.

Norf Tyrone

Tyrone v Cork: P McConnell, D Carlin, C McGinley, M McGee, D Harte, C Gormley, J McMahon, G Cavlan, S Cavanagh, R Mulgrew, O Mulligan, C Cavanagh, C McCullagh, S O?Neill, R Mellon.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 22, 2007, 08:51:34 PM
Tyrone v Cork: P McConnell, D Carlin, C McGinley, M McGee, D Harte, C Gormley, J McMahon, G Cavlan, S Cavanagh, R Mulgrew, O Mulligan, C Cavanagh, C McCullagh, S O?Neill, R Mellon.
Cavlan and O'Neill in for Tyrone 

Gerard Cavlan's return to the Tyrone starting line-up is one of five changes from the win over Fermanagh for Saturday's NFL trip to Cork.
Cavlan replaces the suspended Kevin Hughes at midfield while Stephen O'Neill takes over from Enda McGinley.
In the Red Hand defence, Cormac McGinley, Mickey McGee and Davy Harte displace Peter Donnelly, Damien McCaul and Brendan Boggs.
Brian Dooher will be includes in the Tyrone substitutes. Cavlan was not selected for the opening two games against Dublin and Fermanagh but he has produced excellent form in the recent McKenna Cup games against Monaghan and Donegal. Hughes is facing a suspension after picking up double yellow cards in successive games but it's understood that Tyrone are appealing his dismissal in last weekend's McKennna Cup final. Tyrone have maximum points from their opening two games against Dublin and Fermanagh.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6388199.stm

I'm assuming that's Justin McMahon at number 7

SuperSub

Don't see much change for us out of this one,Tyrone are my tip to go all the way this year

ONeill

Probably the best side available selected, given the suspensions to Hughes and McMenamin. Plenty of options with Carlin, Harte, Mulgrew and McCullagh down the one side with Mellon, Cavanagh, McMahon and McGee down the other. Dooher still not match fit to start it seems. Some still have severe reservations at seeing Mugsy at CHF but I've enjoyed watching him there. He's working hard though could see Cavlan getting in his road there. Wouldn't be surprised if Mellon turns in a fine performance this weekend.

What are the Corcaigh corner forwards like? Carlin and McGee will be well suited to the conventional small nippy type. Joe McMahon wing back? Not so sure he'll remain there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on February 22, 2007, 09:06:54 PM
Joe McMahon wing back? Not so sure he'll remain there.
Think it might be Justin McMahon.

ONeill

That would make sense saying Joe's mobility would be seriously restricted!!

My gaffe.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, Justin Mc Mahon indeed, Joe's still crocked I believe. An interesting selection, and just about as strong as we have for what promises to be a very tough test. See Billy Morgan has called up Owen Sexton, Dermot Hurley and Kevin McMahon.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

never kickt a ball

Cork (NFL v Tyrone);

P O'Shea;

E Sexton/R Mellon,               M Shiels/S O'Neill,        K O'Conno/C McCullaghr;

N O'Leary/C Cavanagh,         G Spillane/Mugsy,         A Lynch/Mulgrew;

D Hurley/G Cavlan,           D Kavanagh/S Cavanagh;

S O'Brien/Jus McMahon,        N Murphy/ C Gormley,         K McMahon/D Harte;

J Masters/M McGee,        D O'Conno/C McGinley,        K O'Sullivan/D Carlin

P McConnell,

Cork fans forgive me for using red for Tyrone

Tyrone Subs: J Curran, C Donnelly, P Donnelly, B Dooher, N Gormley, Kelvin Hughes, P Jordan, E McGinley, T McGuigan, P McGurk, M Murphy, M Penrose, P Quinn, P Rouse, D Treanor

Fuzzman

Yeah looks a strong enough team but Cork away is always a tough game.

Is the squad cut now
Did none of the McCarrons make the squad.

Surprised Enda didnt make it in before Mellon too.
Whats your man Treanor like? What age, height is he?

realredhandfan

Is that the working squad? Did Mc caul not make it?

supersarsfields

Is that your guy Treanor from Dungannon?

na cleirigh

tis indeed declan trainor. would love to see him get on. unbelievable engine in him!
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

phpearse

Tyrone squad heading down tonite and staying tomorrow nite also. I'm sure that would cost a pretty penny. 30 players + 1 manager + 10 others for 2 nights = a hefty price. Think the Kerry match is away also. No wonder it costs near half a million to run a county team.

Decent team on paper but will find the going tough in what always looks to be a very heavy pitch in Cork and against a Cork team that badly needs the points. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.