Proudest moment of your life

Started by omagh_gael, October 18, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

My Fiance is 21 weeks pregnant and on Saturday night I felt my youngster kick for the first time. I'v never felt an emotion like it, I actually felt sick in my stomach I was that excited. Really brings home the fact that there is a living person inside there and no matter how many scans you go to or books you read, actually feeling the wee scitter kick/prod you makes it finally seem so real.

*cough* *cough* Need to restore some masculinity here I think. I also scored the winner against Kesh 3rds playing for my football team in the semi-final of the reserve cup in the fermanagh and western league a couple of years ago. Mickey mouse cup in a mickey mouse league but by fcuk it felt like I scored the winner in the champions league final!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Congrats man nothing like another new Tyrone winner let into the world

For me successfully completed an academic degree in college many moon's ago, creating work's of art & having exhibitions to show them off

Traveling around the world to see some wonderful place's & people

But most of all proud of who i am.. a Roscommon man for life!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

I just couldn't help myself Ziggy, those greencastle women are a tempting bunch!

If it's a fella Ross and has half as good a left foot as me then he'll be a cert for the number 15 jersey in 20 years time!

Orior

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 18, 2010, 11:20:38 PM
My Fiance is 21 weeks pregnant and on Saturday night I felt my youngster kick for the first time. I'v never felt an emotion like it, I actually felt sick in my stomach I was that excited. Really brings home the fact that there is a living person inside there and no matter how many scans you go to or books you read, actually feeling the wee scitter kick/prod you makes it finally seem so real.

*cough* *cough* Need to restore some masculinity here I think. I also scored the winner against Kesh 3rds playing for my football team in the semi-final of the reserve cup in the fermanagh and western league a couple of years ago. Mickey mouse cup in a mickey mouse league but by fcuk it felt like I scored the winner in the champions league final!

Hey, just wait until the baby is born. The first time you see the wee child looking up at you is a life changing moment.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

SLIGONIAN

Totally insignificant to mine :-[, probably 2 moments both sporting, scoring 3-5 in a match we drew.

When i was 13 coming off the bench 11 pts down in GAA match with 15mins left, i scored 3-0 and made another goal for us to win by 1pt, my Dad watching on and all the players lifting me off the pitch on there shoulders, kept my place for rest of the yr and won league. My Dad recalls that quite a lot.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Orior

I once scored a fisted point against Mullaghbawn minors.

That was the fecking highlight of my whole career at midfield.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

MWWSI 2017

cookstownblue

omagh_gael

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 19, 2010, 12:10:57 AM
Totally insignificant to mine :-[, probably 2 moments both sporting, scoring 3-5 in a match we drew.
When i was 13 coming off the bench 11 pts down in GAA match with 15mins left, i scored 3-0 and made another goal for us to win by 1pt, my Dad watching on and all the players lifting me off the pitch on there shoulders, kept my place for rest of the yr and won league. My Dad recalls that quite a lot.

Has Kevin Walsh not called you up to the panel yet?? ;)
Cheers C'Townblue and Orior.
I also remember scoring two points for Omagh St Enda's u-16's in a 0-24 to 0-02 drubbing by Errigal. This was obviously a personal moment as you can imagine the rest of the team weren't too proud! 

balladmaker

Congrats Omagh Gael.

Proudest moment has to be when your new son or daughter is born, an out of this world feeling, unreal happiness, delight, proud, overwhelmed, emotional....all rolled into one.....followed closely by the All Ireland Final 2002 8-)

ziggysego

Recovering from a very serious illness this summer and going onto losing a lot of weight, which resulted in being healthier than I've ever been.  :)
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Quote from: balladmaker on October 19, 2010, 12:30:10 PM
Congrats Omagh Gael.

Proudest moment has to be when your new son or daughter is born, an out of this world feeling, unreal happiness, delight, proud, overwhelmed, emotional....all rolled into one.....followed closely by the All Ireland Final 2002 8-)

My proudest moment wasn't when my daughter was born, think I was in a bit of shock etc and it didn't really hit me until later.  Nothing compares to seeing her run about now or just gibber jabbering.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

Watching Ireland beat Australia at a sport called "Compromise Rules". You can shove yer ould All-Ireland titles compared to the magic of a moment like that.

The Real Laoislad

Riding a Swedish bird in Langtons car park in Kilkenny about 10 years ago.
You'll Never Walk Alone.