Sean Óg not part of Denis Walsh's plans

Started by heffo, October 18, 2010, 01:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

I don't doubt that Sean Óg is a nice fella and all but I must admit I found the Tom Humphries article a bit vomit inducing. I thought he was going to recommend him to be the next Pope at one point.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 26, 2010, 02:39:58 PM
I don't doubt that Sean Óg is a nice fella and all but I must admit I found the Tom Humphries article a bit vomit inducing. I thought he was going to recommend him to be the next Pope at one point.

I didn't like that Humphries left out the bit where Seán Óg rose Lazarus from the dead after opening a pitch for Jerusalem Sarsfields. People just don't realise this man's powers for good.

Minder

According to the Hoganstand Aisake could quit the Cork panel " in protest", unless Sean Og is reinstated. I will leave room for " he spent most of last year on strike" jokes.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on October 27, 2010, 01:28:04 PM
According to the Hoganstand Aisake could quit the Cork panel " in protest", unless Sean Og is reinstated. I will leave room for " he spent most of last year on strike" jokes.......

If you hadn't said it, someone else would have.

Bord na Mona man

Or even worse, it would be the first strike that Aisake managed all year.

Bord na Mona man

Humphries' sycophantic behaviour towards Sean Óg, who serially undermines managers, doesn't tally with the glee he took from the collapse of the Waterford hurlers because of their heave against Justin McCarthy.

Principles can be sacrificed at the whiff of a book deal though...

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on October 26, 2010, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 26, 2010, 02:39:58 PM

I didn't like that Humphries left out the bit where Seán Óg rose Lazarus from the dead after opening a pitch for Jerusalem Sarsfields. People just don't realise this man's powers for good.
And he wouldn't take a shekel for it!

seafoid

I heard Shefflin was the soul of courtesy presenting medals to underage players in other counties and wouldn't take any payment.

Cork should have cleared out the old guard a while ago. They haven't been at the races since 2006.  And now Offaly are on the march... 

thejuice

Aisake has walked now. Back to Australia. Whether he's going for a sports career or not chances are he faces more of a future there than in Ireland like alot of young lads will. Cork will have lost 2 strong players in this episode already and without a sliotar pucked yet
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has revealed that younger brother Aisake will not be available for Cork next season.

His half-time substitution in the All-Ireland SHC semi-final defeat to Kilkenny and Denis Walsh's termination of Seán Óg's inter-county career have been attributed as significant factors in the former Australian Rules star's decision to go back Down Under.

'He's not going back to Cork,' the elder Ó hAilpín told the Irish Daily Star.

'Aisake went back to Australia a couple of weeks ago. He just couldn't face going back to play for Cork.

'He was gutted against Kilkenny. The most hurtful thing was that there was no explanation. The only chance we had of getting a goal was Aisake. He went off and that was that.

'He came back from Australia with the intention of giving it one hell of a shot. Denis Walsh said to him to get himself ready over the winter, but after my situation, he said 'my time here is done'.'

turk

Premier Emperor

Well done Denis Walsh. Cork hurling needs a clear out of giant egos.
Do the hAiplins have to release statements every time they go to the jacks?

Aisake had about as much hurling in him as Skippy the kangaroo.

Last Man

The 2 of them could do with watchin the dvds again, serious injection of realism required.

Puckoon

Another soundbyte from Sean Og

Cork's Sean Og O'hAilpin
17 November 2010

Sean Og O hAilpin has refused to rule out the possibility of playing for Cork again in future.

The celebrated half back was sensationally axed from Denis Walsh's 2011 panel last month, but he says he would consider any approach from the Cork manager to rejoin the squad.

"I'd certainly think about it," he said on RTE.

"All that I know is that I am just looking forward to playing with my local club - Na Piarsaigh hurling and football club.

"I still have another good three or four years left. We have good young kids coming up and I look forward to getting involved with them and developing and that's all I know my future holds.

"Look, I'd love to play and I'd love to stay on. But as I mentioned in my statement a couple of weeks ago, that's a manager's call. I don't fit into his plans so I said I'd accept his decision and move on. I think I was just in a position of whether I was surprise or not, just accept it.

"There is no point in pushing the matter if you are not wanted in the place. Obviously enough it will be a big change because after playing for the last 14 years, you get institutionalised in a way. It will be a change from that respect."

Asal Mor

Quote from: Premier Emperor on November 17, 2010, 08:15:29 AM
Well done Denis Walsh. Cork hurling needs a clear out of giant egos.
Do the hAiplins have to release statements every time they go to the jacks?
Aisake had about as much hurling in him as Skippy the kangaroo.

:D  :D  :D