Pure Gym, Béal Feirste

Started by DirtyDozen12, October 18, 2010, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

See there is a Pure Gym opening next month in Belfast, £12.99 per month, no contract, open 24 hours a day.  Cant really argue with that.  Ive cancelled my agreement with LA Fitness as its was near £40 per month and during the summer months wasnt really using it and when the football season is in full flow, its hard to get to the gym and train 2 nights a week with the club.  LA Fitness good gym but too expensive in my opinion, would need to be going 3/4 times a week to get the value out of it.

Anyone signed up to it yet or used any of the clubs in England?  Assume it should grand lak.

http://www.puregym.co.uk/
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

cookstownblue

Save money on any gym fees.

Let the world be your gym DD12.
Threadmill? Go running.
Bench Press? Do push-ups.

Rocky never bothered with hi-tech gym equipment and neither should you.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: cookstownblue on October 18, 2010, 11:32:53 AM

Threadmill? Go running.

See below Cookstown blue:

Save money on any gym fees. I like spending coin

Let the world be your gym DD12. A great speak, used it many times myself but at the end of the day you look like a clampit doing tricip dips on a park bench

Threadmill? Go running. Running outside in the rain & cold & dark is something that does not entertain me, also they say road running is bad for the ole knees there, however people run marathons on roads so could never understand that theory

Bench Press? Do push-ups. Agree with you here, hate bench press, think press ups is probably one of the best exercises one can do, i once did 623 and had to stop to go to the toilet just

Rocky never bothered with hi-tech gym equipment and neither should you.  Rocky was a ficitional character, im the real deal

Orior

Threadmill? Go running.

Sounds like DD12 just wants to go to a pick-up joint.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2010, 11:49:34 AM

Threadmill? Go running.

??? ???  I dont get this, elorborate?

cookstownblue

Threadmill? Go running.

Thats true Orior. Todays society usually resort to creeping on facebook.com but DD12 still uses the old tried and tested gym creeping.

ziggysego

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 18, 2010, 11:40:34 AM
Bench Press? Do push-ups. Agree with you here, hate bench press, think press ups is probably one of the best exercises one can do, i once did 623 and had to stop to go to the toilet just

I used to do bench presses, until my stomach went all weird when I was at it too hard. Still do press-ups, probably not the correct way though.
Testing Accessibility

DirtyDozen12

Threadmill? Go running.

LOL, i get this now, you mean i want a place where I can go and pick up the ladies!!!!!!!  Nice one, you got me there!!! lol

whiskeysteve

Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2010, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 18, 2010, 11:40:34 AM

I used to do bench presses, until my stomach went all weird when I was at it too hard. Still do press-ups, probably not the correct way though.

Whats your 1-rep max, Ziggy?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Couldn't tell ya, I wasn't very good.
Testing Accessibility

Olly

It's all functional training now.

Let me explain. There is no point in running as you rarely run in real life unless it's catching a bus. That means you are working muscles you don't need. If you work them and then don't use them you are building fat. Same with press-ups. In reality, you rarely find yourself having to pivot yourself up and down by your arms like a piston, apart from maybe a Sat night after the club.

SO, experts in America have found a way to live longer - you only do excerises that mimic everyday life.

What are the 3 things I do most

1. Sit down
2. Get up
3. Walk.

So I practice sitting down about 200 times a day when I wake up. That way I'll never strain the muscles I actually use most. I then practice getting up, also about 200 times so I don't strain a back muscle later on in the day. For walking, I'll walk around the inside of the house for half an hour every morning, in and out of every room, whilst eating my cereal.

That's really all you need. ALthough it depends on your job. If you're a typist or office man who can practice in the morning crouched over, wiggling your fingers.

That's it, it's simple. Any other exercise actually damages and ages your body. I read that everyone's heart is like the motor of a washing machine - maybe they have 40000000000 turns - son't waste them up.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

DirtyDozen12

This opens on Thursday, apparently it supposed to be quite impressive.  Anybody else sign up to it yet?

seanmacdiarmada

I use the Boost system with Belfast city council, £31 per month but i can use as often as i want,i can use any of the council leisure centres,i get free spin class and swim and sauna as often as i want,i had a look at the Pure gym but it is basic,no pool,no sauna or steam room...i like the perks and dont mind paying a wee bit extra

shezam

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2010, 11:40:47 AM
This opens on Thursday, apparently it supposed to be quite impressive.  Anybody else sign up to it yet?

Signed up few weeks back.