TG4 Tonight - Tyrone v Armagh, AI Semi-final 2005 - 11.45pm

Started by cornafean, October 13, 2010, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornafean

23:45           All Ireland Gold
A chance to see the 2005 All-Ireland Football Semi Final between Tyrone and Armagh which was played in Croke Park. The game ended with the scoreline Tyrone 1-13 to Armagh's 1-12.

http://tg4.ie/bearla/scei/scei.asp

23:45           All Ireland Gold
Seo do dheis Cluiche Leath Cheannais Peile na hÉireann 2005 idir Tír Eoghain agus Ard Mhacha a himríodh ar Pháirc an Chrócaigh a fheiceáil. Bhí an bua ag Tír Eoghain leis an scór 1-13 in aghaidh 1-12 ag Ard Mhacha.

http://tg4.ie/scei/scei.asp
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

armaghniac

QuoteThe game ended with the scoreline Tyrone 1-13 to Armagh's 1-12.

you shouldn't have spoiled it by telling us the score in advance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Santino

Best game i've ever attended in Croker.
Hope it still stands up on first viewing in 5 yrs.

ziggysego

A lot of Tyrone games featured recently on TG4. Great reliving the recent history.
Testing Accessibility

anportmorforjfc

Was at the game though can't remember none of it for some reason. Be good to see it again!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on October 13, 2010, 08:52:04 PM
Was at the game though can't remember none of it for some reason. Be good to see it again!

Maybe because Armagh were beat!  ;)

Was a fantastic game, some atmosphere at it. Was up there with the Dublin games in the quarter final.

ONeill

Know this game off by heart. Favourite moment is the glare Geezer gives Joe after getting the curly finger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

I was on holidays in France for this game, only one i missed that year and was getting text updates every few minutes. Got the final text to say Canavan had won it and stood on the horn of the hire car the whole way through a small village in S France for about 10mins. I wonder what the people of that village made of four pasty white fellas with strange red and white jerseys disturbing their day. Good times.

ONeill

There was some phenomenal football played that day under severe pressure. The two goals were sublime. O'Neill's penalty was one of the best I've seen taken and McDonnell squeezed his goal in from some angle.

Look out for the Armagh player who plays dead before the penalty. An O'Rourke I think. You see him checking whilst on the ground if he'd been awarded a free - if he'd gotten to his feet the penalty may not have happened.

Shane Sweeney's best moment in a Tyrone geansai too.

Sean Cavanagh got the freedom of the pitch after Geezer went off.

Oh yes - the Bellew/Cavanagh collision. You could hear it from the upper Hogan. Only time I've seen Francie floored.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Some amount of frees.
Martin O'Rourke embarrassed himself by going down in a heap when Mugsy stood on his toe.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

nrico2006

I was on holiday and couldn't find anywhere to watch the game either.  I have always wanted to watch it again, just hoping that I have series linked this programme as I was ripping I missed the Tyrone and Dublin 05 game the other week and the 2003 Kerry game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zapatista

Quote from: Jinxy on October 14, 2010, 12:59:32 AM
Some amount of frees.
Martin O'Rourke embarrassed himself by going down in a heap when Mugsy stood on his toe.

I thought Mugsy was at fault there. He didn't stand on his toe he kicked him in the ankle. O'Rourke did make a meal of it but it was still a cheap shot from Mugsy.

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 10:18:20 PM
Know this game off by heart. Favourite moment is the glare Geezer gives Joe after getting the curly finger.

He'd have been better sitting down and shutting his mouth after he was taking off rather than running up and down the sideline reminding all the Armagh and Tyrone boys that he was pulled off.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Zapatista on October 14, 2010, 09:01:36 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 14, 2010, 12:59:32 AM
Some amount of frees.

I thought Mugsy was at fault there. He didn't stand on his toe he kicked him in the ankle. O'Rourke did make a meal of it but it was still a cheap shot from Mugsy.

Was Mulligan not just getting repretution for being shoved in the back after the foul was given? Good to know it's not just in Westmeath games that O'Rourke gets on my wick.

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 11:33:02 PM
There was some phenomenal football played that day under severe pressure. The two goals were sublime. O'Neill's penalty was one of the best I've seen taken and McDonnell squeezed his goal in from some angle.

Look out for the Armagh player who plays dead before the penalty. An O'Rourke I think. You see him checking whilst on the ground if he'd been awarded a free - if he'd gotten to his feet the penalty may not have happened.

Shane Sweeney's best moment in a Tyrone geansai too.

Sean Cavanagh got the freedom of the pitch after Geezer went off.

Oh yes - the Bellew/Cavanagh collision. You could hear it from the upper Hogan. Only time I've seen Francie floored.

Think too much has been made of taking Geezer off, Armagh won the next kickout and got the next score after he went off. If they held out it would have been regarded as a master stroke getting fresh legs on.

The "Bellew/Cavanagh collision" was a different match was it not?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

omagh_gael

Nope, the Cavanagh/Bellew coming together happened in this game in the lead up to Tyrones penalty at the end of the 1st half.

Did Brian Meenen touch leather at all in this game?

Nrico all these games are on the tg4 website if you want to watch the dubs game.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...