Author Topic: CSFC 2011  (Read 3780 times)

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
CSFC 2011
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
Big day today, very important draw for Sligo football. Draw at 20.00 on rte tonight.

Roscommon v New York
Mayo v London (i think pls correct me if im wrong)

I think thats the 2 qtrs, the other qtr will be from 2 of Sligo, Leitrim and Galway.. 1 of these 3 will get a bye into the semis..

Ideally a semi final draw awaiting the winner of Roscommon/NY as we would have home semi final then and revenge on our minds. Other than that Leitrim home qtr final wouldnt be the worst.

In 2012 we have to go to New York, in 2013 we have to go to London in the qtrs meaning we really have a bye into the semis those yrs
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
Re: CSFC 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »
Sligo v Leitrim
Mayo v London
New York v Roscommon

Sligo/Leitrim v NY/Ros
Mayo/London v Galway

Sligo are at home to Leitrim and IF we beat them we are home to Roscommon.

Look its the best possible draw but that doesnt mean squat as it bring pyschological baggage, like Roscommon last yr Leitrim wont fear Sligo. Can we trust the Sligo lads to keep the heads and not lose the run of themselves. Leitrim draw means we will be favourites, how will our lads handle that, im sure we'll hear all the great soundbites in the media from Charlie and co but look how cheap talk that turned out to be. Its time put up or shut up.

The Big boys take care of business, if the Sligo players want to be a "serious team" as brehony said last yr, its time to walk your talk. Hopefully theyll steer clear of the media as much as possible, some of quotes looking back were embarrasing considering what the did in connacht final.

If the Sligo lads think anything less than 100% will suffice against Leitrim remember 2005...

Mano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »
Its the best possible draw with Leitrim and then Roscommon at home. However Roscommon will be delighted with the draw also. They avoid Mayo and Galway until the Connaught final and they never fear a Sligo/Leitrim team as we heard all about last year. The Connaught champions will obviously be favorites to come through this side of the draw.

Hopefully all last years panel will be involved again next year with the addition of a few others to strenghten certain areas.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 12:34:19 AM »
Roscommon are indeed delighted, and i dont blame them, also Leitrim if they have all there players fit will b quite content, with Sligos issues with the favourites tag wont have gone unnoticed.

pp odds
Galway 11/8
Mayo 13/8
Sligo 10/3
Ros 12/1
Leitrim 50/1
NY 150/1
London 200/1