Liam Sheedy steps down

Started by sammymaguire, October 07, 2010, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: the colonel on October 07, 2010, 10:42:08 AM
Capt Pat how is needing to work not relevant? Providing for your family should be the main thing in life. Not sure if he has kids, but if so, just because he has won an all ireland doesn't mean he automatically will have a great relationship with kids. To go for 5 years is a big commitment, but Tipp will be hoping he'll be back in the future.
If you ever seen him interviewed he always has the daughter alongside. Big family man, had his ma on stage for victorious homecoming "singing" to the crowd. Gas altogether.
Good luck to him for the future.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mannix

STEP DOWN WHILE ON TOP, BEST WAY BUT THIS TIPP TEAM MIGHT HAVE A FEW MORE TITLES IN THEM, I SUPPOSE THE MAN HAS HIS PRIORITIES, HIS FAMILY AND WORK HAVE PROBABLY TAKEN ENOUGH OF A BACKSEAT ALREADY.

ross4life

Quit while you're ahead...fair play to him & wouldn't be surprised if he returned in the years ahead
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bord na Mona man

Pity to see him go. He improved Tipp every year he was there.
After Tipperary's last 2 All Ireland wins, they slipped steadily into the doldrums for a few years.
I wonder will the next man who takes on the role be able to prevent this?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 07, 2010, 12:16:44 PM
It's hard getting to the top....it's even harder staying there

Only 1 man for the job...Babs.

even harder to get, or to keep a real job in these days. Right decision i would say, once work is sorted, there will always be time to go back to hurling
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

The ideal manager is a national school teacher. I think Kilkenny had one one time.  ;) 

Reillers

Pity for Tipp all right, he's a great manager, but the time and commitment that has to be given is very hard to sustain, he did once and has left behind him a much better and a young team when he started, a nice position for the next manager comes in.

At the end of the day, as much part of his life as the game is, it doesn't pay and he needs to put food on the table, a hard choice but it was probably never in question.
It's hard to manage a top IC team, it's bloody harder to make them succesfull and to become All Ireland champions, beating KK in their 5 in a row bid will go down in history, but he got what he wanted out of it, and at the end of the day the game will always be there but work unfortunately has to come first. Fact of life sadly.

Whatever happens, whoever comes in, I hope that the team aren't ready and used to him by the Munster quarter final, would make beating them again much easier.  ;)