The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 17, 2011, 11:07:08 PM
The purpose of picking Tom is to mine his ideas, ensure that the business owns the patents/rights and make the most of them.  Sugar needs ideas people to continually produce short life and cheap products which can be marketed at low cost.  When he has got all from Tom he will move on.

But it sorta made the whole show/tasks pointless.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

Thats modern day TV for u oneill

supersub

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2011, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on July 17, 2011, 11:07:08 PM
The purpose of picking Tom is to mine his ideas, ensure that the business owns the patents/rights and make the most of them.  Sugar needs ideas people to continually produce short life and cheap products which can be marketed at low cost.  When he has got all from Tom he will move on.

But it sorta made the whole show/tasks pointless.

Basically just going to expand his current range now instead.

Just like all prior winners have moved on from Sugar!!

Gaffer

Are the previous winners still with Sugar? 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Orangemac

Quote from: Gaffer on July 17, 2011, 11:44:32 PM
Are the previous winners still with Sugar?
Don't think so. Saw an article yesterday and none of them stayed any more than 2 years with him.

supersub

No that was my point, all of them have moved on from him! Even last years winner Stella has moved on!

lurganblue

I thought all if their business plans were crap. Helen's was particularly awful. The only one I had a slight interest in was jim's plan.

Not really surprised that he picked Tom in the end but I would be surprised if they run with that chair idea. In saying that, if they don't run with it the whole new format of the show is bollocks

Orior

I liked the way Jim called Sugar by his last name.

When he got fired he should have continued "Oi Sugar, you know what you can do with your job, and if you're not man enough to do it yourself, I'd be happy to oblige"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AQMP

Though overall the series was entertaining, in terms of business acumen these candidates were the surely worst ever.

Jum goes to Alan Sugar with a non-profit making business
Stupid Susan will turnover £4mill in year 1 from a market stall paying all expenses in cash
Helen..WTF was that idea...paying someone to make a dental appointment?  Was she targeting Premiership footballers??
Tom, had the bones of an idea but clearly can't add 2+2...probably a deserved winner.

Mayo4Sam

I think that Christopher Colombus being British and nobody knowing Caracas was the capital of venezula showed that all involved were particularly thick

Edit:
Nothing to see here!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bogball XV

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 18, 2011, 01:41:12 PM
I think that Christopher Colombus being British and nobody knowing Karacas was the capital of venezula showed that all involved were particularly thick
I'm saying nothing ;D

Unlucky Jim, made for interesting TV.  Susan broke the law and will get rewarded with a job, glad I don't know much about business.  Tom is a nice guy, I wish him well.
O'Neills Therapist

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 18, 2011, 01:55:26 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 18, 2011, 01:41:12 PM
I think that Christopher Colombus being British and nobody knowing Karacas was the capital of venezula showed that all involved were particularly thick
I'm saying nothing ;D

A bit like that particular word!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Susan's idea was the best one there. She'll make money. The 4 interviewers had to search a lot harder to pick holes in her plan - employing a handful of students for one day on a casual basis when you're basically running a cottage industry is hardly a major scandal.

I don't think her plans had any fundamental flaws, other than being too ambitious with turnover and profit (although if you got a product into major retailers, I don't think it would take too long to hit turnover of a few million).

vertigonights

The final of Dragons Den was good, oh I mean the Apprentice. The format was a more drawn out version of Duncan Bannatyne and cos show, complete waste of time when the winner was picked from day 1. Even Dara O Briain said it to Tim 'what Sugar is saying is that you would of been fired weeks ago, had it been the old format' ok it was said as a joke but it was the truth. The Jedi was a legend!