The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lurganblue

Up to now means feck all really if their business ideas are shite. I can see why Tom might be favourite with the bookies as he is likely to come up with a decent idea. Hellen is a good bet there

ONeill

I get the impression Jim'll be massacred on Sunday night. He wouldn't be a man for writing things down in a business plan I'd imagine.

maggie

Yea, think Jim won't be great in the interviews, Margaret in particular will not fall for his charm. There was a good clip showing the interviews at the end of the You're Fired show. Jim was coming out after one loosening his tie, saying, "Yea, it was a walk in the park. Except they were shooting at you and throwing hand grenades."
You can take the boy outta Norn Iron....... 

Orangemac

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 16, 2011, 08:46:43 AM
If it is really based on the business plans then Helen should come through given her education and work experience.  Tom shouldn't be far behind.

In the build up, it was very clear that Jim and Susan were always in groups who didn't bother to have any costings or plan written down or even in their heads.  It was interesting to see Sugar waving the plan for Tom and Helen's food business in the last show.  There is little substance to Jim and Susan when it comes to business acumen and Jim's northern cuteness will be a disadvantage when it comes to talking through his plan and being interviewed.  I think Susan doesn't have the mental capacity for the interviews.

Overall, Tom looks most likely but not because he will get through the final the best but Sugar has kept him onboard for the whole show when he could have dumped him.  Sugar wants an idea person who he can tie into his business and tap into his ideas and the company will own the patents, etc.  Sugar has the ability to take the ideas to fruitition which Tom doesn't have.  The others have little to offer.
Every workplace has a Jim, likeable guy good talker in meetings etc but very little detail. This business plan & interviews will catch him out though. Would also fancy Tom at his stage to win it, bit like his name is on the cup the way he has made it through.

Real star of this year has been Daire O'Brian. Consistently funny all year. Good show last night about surviving the Apprentice.

Aaron Boone

Let's hope Jim for a big Tyrone double today.

Orior

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 16, 2011, 08:57:50 AM
Susan's business.  Will this be a help or will the interviewers have found holes in it?  It is her main advantage over the others.

Do Asians get acne?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

maggie

Thought Helen was gonna swing it at the end when she said she had a 2nd business plan. Thought all their business ideas were pretty ropey. 

ONeill

Quote from: maggie on July 17, 2011, 10:26:19 PM
Thought Helen was gonna swing it at the end when she said she had a 2nd business plan. Thought all their business ideas were pretty ropey.

Yea, even the winner. Surely they'll scrap that.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2011, 10:32:56 PM
Quote from: maggie on July 17, 2011, 10:26:19 PM

Yea, even the winner. Surely they'll scrap that.
Sugar even said in the programme he didnt like Tom's idea & the interviewers ripped him apart. Obviously Sugar thinks he will be able to invent other stuff for him.

bcarrier

Nailfile and organic cosmetics. Gavin Duffy will be seething.

maggie

I'm confused-is he going with the nail file idea rather the chair? But his business plan wasn't for it so surely it defeats the purpose of a business plan. By the sounds of it Susan will get a job with Tom/Helen has been recommended for a raise and poor Jim got feck all apart from being told he could sort out the Irish debt.