The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 13, 2011, 10:31:14 PM
Quote from: gerry on July 13, 2011, 10:00:03 PM
thank feck jim got through as its the first tyrone final we have this year. must get the car flags out
fairly sure there was a ladies final there a wee while ago :o
Jim was lucky that Sugar hadn't been able to fire Tasha the week before.  No need for that comment in the cab about susan's lack of business acumen, which is rubbish anyway imo.
jim to me looks like beaker from the muppets.
he is a good salesman but thats about it. he does try hard, but hasnt the cop on to realise to shut up rather than continue trying to make excuses and make things worse.
whle he was wrong to say anything to susan in the car - what happens in the boardroom should stay in it... he is right to a certain extent. susan has done a bit in the business world, but once its outside of her own area of expertise, she is brutal and rubbish. you couldnt work with her !
None of the other candidates seem to be able to !!

As for disabled access, well spotted Ziggy - but I suppose you are always looking out for this kind of thing. Those 'professionals' shoul dhave picked up onit - but as for jim/susan/natasha - they hadnt a basic plan let alone a formalised business plan with costings or service etc created or even thought of - something like disabled access is way above their realm of thinking.
these are salespeople - they cant add, spell (not that i'm oxford english myself) and only look for the showtime fancy stuff - not the bread and butter essentials. dont get too offended, they are idiots - but are like circus animals for us watching the 'apprentice' show !

thought the panel were this week again very harsh on the fired contestant. Second week in a row they were a bit too hard on the poor fecker.

screenexile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 14, 2011, 09:39:54 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 13, 2011, 10:31:14 PM
Quote from: gerry on July 13, 2011, 10:00:03 PM
thank feck jim got through as its the first tyrone final we have this year. must get the car flags out
fairly sure there was a ladies final there a wee while ago :o
Jim was lucky that Sugar hadn't been able to fire Tasha the week before.  No need for that comment in the cab about susan's lack of business acumen, which is rubbish anyway imo.
jim to me looks like beaker from the muppets.
he is a good salesman but thats about it. he does try hard, but hasnt the cop on to realise to shut up rather than continue trying to make excuses and make things worse.
whle he was wrong to say anything to susan in the car - what happens in the boardroom should stay in it... he is right to a certain extent. susan has done a bit in the business world, but once its outside of her own area of expertise, she is brutal and rubbish. you couldnt work with her !
None of the other candidates seem to be able to !!

As for disabled access, well spotted Ziggy - but I suppose you are always looking out for this kind of thing. Those 'professionals' shoul dhave picked up onit - but as for jim/susan/natasha - they hadnt a basic plan let alone a formalised business plan with costings or service etc created or even thought of - something like disabled access is way above their realm of thinking.
these are salespeople - they cant add, spell (not that i'm oxford english myself) and only look for the showtime fancy stuff - not the bread and butter essentials. dont get too offended, they are idiots - but are like circus animals for us watching the 'apprentice' show !

thought the panel were this week again very harsh on the fired contestant. Second week in a row they were a bit too hard on the poor fecker.

Not a bit! That Natasha one was clean useless. The dog advert was the only thing she did well and the lads mag is held up as some kind of triumph but it was also shite only Jim's idea was worse!

I couldn't have her at all and she hadn't a shiny clue about business or selling!!

Helen or Tom are the front runners at this stage I would think!

tommysmith

Quote from: ziggysego on July 14, 2011, 12:18:09 AM
I couldn't miss the opportunity and did a bit of blogging tonight.

http://www.mywayaccess.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21:the-apprentices-caracas&catid=1:blog&Itemid=36

Sure it wasn't open to long and if access was needed they could have carried them in and out.

Don Johnson

Love the interview episode.

The clip they showed of one of the interviewers saying there was a lot of mistakes in someones cv looked like a fellas shoulders from the back so it is Tom or Jim.

ziggysego

Quote from: tommysmith on July 14, 2011, 10:23:28 AM

http://www.mywayaccess.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21:the-apprentices-caracas&catid=1:blog&Itemid=36

Sure it wasn't open to long and if access was needed they could have carried them in and out.

MyPy had wheelchair access and I won't even comment on your suggestion about carrying disabled people in and out of the shop.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Quote from: ziggysego on July 14, 2011, 10:56:36 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on July 14, 2011, 10:23:28 AM

MyPy had wheelchair access and I won't even comment on your suggestion about carrying disabled people in and out of the shop.

Ah ziggy you should know better at this stage . . . just ban him next time!

nifan

I cant understand how these people are so clueless about the world around them.

For one thing are they banned from using the internet? They are always talking on their smartphones so are they unable to google Caracas and see that it isnt a musical intrument, that it isnt in Mexico, or even how its spelt...

ONeill

They're not allowed to use the net. I noticed that the whole Caracas craic wasn't really mentioned until after. I'd imagine Karen Brady hadn't a clue.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Surprised nothing more was said about Columbus being British except when Nick said at the start. SO many things glossed over that people should get slated for. Like Melody in the French task who blatantly ignored the market research she did about the car seat.

Yeah they aren't allowed to use the net, remember the shopping / negotiation task when they were running about trying to work out what some of the things on the list for the hotel were.

nifan

Id love to see alan sugar doing some of these tasks to see how he would get on.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nifan on July 14, 2011, 12:45:10 PM
Id love to see alan sugar doing some of these tasks to see how he would get on.
He built his business up from nothing when he was just 16. He may have mentioned that before  :)

AQMP

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 14, 2011, 11:45:04 AM
Surprised nothing more was said about Columbus being British except when Nick said at the start. SO many things glossed over that people should get slated for. Like Melody in the French task who blatantly ignored the market research she did about the car seat.

Yeah they aren't allowed to use the net, remember the shopping / negotiation task when they were running about trying to work out what some of the things on the list for the hotel were.

Yes, Columbus was British as was "William" Drake (I wonder did he mean Sir Francis Drake or Charlie Drake), Caracas is Mexican, and Jim's mental maths...

The question arises "What the f**k do they teach in schools these days?"

Maguire01

Does it not make a difference that it was never actually open to the public?

Mayo4Sam

He'd probably beat Haye in fairness
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me