The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 30, 2011, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on June 30, 2011, 02:47:21 PM
Bixmix packaging was very like a lot of Cadbury/milktray craic, Looks like our Jim's Bullshitting won it for them. Can he win it? I dont think so.

Helen must be odds on to win. Has won all her tasks and hasn't made a tit out of herself yet. Still time though I guess.

She'll probably blew it on the interview week - incidentally i think it would be enjoyable to watch Jim's interviews if he makes it that far.

NOW - Last nights show was a good enough episode. I reckon Sugar and thon Brady thing were far too harsh on Jim taking the piss out of him for all his marketing!
At the end of the day its a competition with basically a hypothetical task - Asda aren't going to really buy these buscuits as they aren't really going to produce them so I think for them to ask the question 'how are you going to market this?' is as ridiculous as Jim saying 'Well we're going to put Harry Potter on them!' Why not spoof about it??????

Bensars

It really matters feck all how they do in the tasks up until the final.  This is unlike any other year where they could win a half share with sugar rather than just an employee in his organisation . They apparently have all put forward their plans for the new venture and sugar already knows who has submitted what.

The winner will be the new venture idea sugar likes the best( and most likely to reap the most money )  not necessarily the most employable, or successful in the tasks.

How yer man Tom hasnt been fired  has really suprised me. Been on the losing team almost every week. Maybe hes the inventer with a decent idea.

LostInSpace

What is the format going to be from here on in? Just one more show with the final 5 and Sugar picks a winner? I see theres a show on bbc1 9pm tonight about all their backgrounds etc.

Atticus_Finch

O'Neill, I can't see any odds up for it ? I thought the whole series was pre-recorded and that no odds were ever offered by bookies as a result ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Maguire01

Quote from: Bensars on June 30, 2011, 04:54:27 PM
The winner will be the new venture idea sugar likes the best( and most likely to reap the most money )  not necessarily the most employable, or successful in the tasks.

How yer man Tom hasnt been fired  has really suprised me. Been on the losing team almost every week. Maybe hes the inventer with a decent idea.
That's exactly what it is and that's why Tom is still there. It's a totally different thing he's looking for this year and Tom appears to have (a) a good business plan and/or (b) a proven track record in actually delivering (outside of the fairly 'artificial' scenarios of the programme).

And to be fair, there's no ego with Tom - he's the type of guy you could work with.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2011, 02:05:23 PM
Ladbrokes

Jim Eastwood 5/4
Helen Louise Milligan 7/4
Susan Ma 5/1
Tom Pellereau 10/1
Natasha Scribbins 50/1
They could move those odds out to 5,000/1 and I still wouldn't put a tenner on it.

Maguire01

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 07, 2011, 08:54:55 AM
I reckon the chinese blade is next to go. Hope so anyway - puke.
I think she's actually fairly competent but can't deal with all of the big 'personalities' in the competition. She got no recognition last night for her deal on the bracelets and that was where their big margain was.

Cold tea

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 07, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
O'Neill, I can't see any odds up for it ? I thought the whole series was pre-recorded and that no odds were ever offered by bookies as a result ?

O'Neill would be talking shite.

ONeill

'Cold Tea', it was pointed out to me that 77.6% of your posts are about me. I like that. I really do. I hope that stat rises.

Different versions of the final decision are recorded and the candidates don't know who has been hired until transmition and having each worked for Sugar for 6 months temporarily. It is said that his decision is really based on those 6 months more than anything.

I think I read somewhere that there'll still be 4 candidates left in the final show this year.

http://m.bettingpro.com/category/Entertainment/The-Apprentice-latest-betting-odds-201009290084/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bingo

Quote from: ONeill on July 08, 2011, 09:14:38 AM
'Cold Tea', it was pointed out to me that 77.6% of your posts are about me. I like that. I really do. I hope that stat rises.

Different versions of the final decision are recorded and the candidates don't know who has been hired until transmition and having each worked for Sugar for 6 months temporarily. It is said that his decision is really based on those 6 months more than anything.

I think I read somewhere that there'll still be 4 candidates left in the final show this year.

http://m.bettingpro.com/category/Entertainment/The-Apprentice-latest-betting-odds-201009290084/

I've read this before and also read that its totally untrue. At this stage, I don't know which is right but i'd have my doubts that any bookies would give odds on a show that was recorded months previous and the result was known.

quit yo jibbajabba

good to get to hear a bit of background on them;
i think natasha's stock has risen a bit once you hear her background etc; our jum also;

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: the colonel on July 07, 2011, 12:58:54 PM
I thought Ruby Wax was coming across as an absolute tit. Laying in and not being one bit funny although she was trying hard to be. I think Melody was raging. I don't think Susie is too bad, it just looks like she's taking a hissy fit when she stands up for herself and because she's young it makes her look worse. That Natasha one is a complete arsehole. Big Jim showed her up big time. If he gets a chance just to sell he's hard to beat

Only got to watch this yesterday evening. Your absolutely right Ruby Wax was a complete arsehole - Melody went up in my estimation after the show, she came across a bit better and handled herself really well when that wee Wax dyke was being WAY too harsh. Trevor Nelson saved the day in his usual cool way!

screenexile

The Final is set to be the interview round . . .

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/32118/The-Apprentice-2011-Why-the-final-wil-be-very-different-this-year/

It's my favourite episode of them all and I hope Jim gets through as it's very hard to BS your way around those interviewers!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: screenexile on July 08, 2011, 11:12:41 AM
The Final is set to be the interview round . . .

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/32118/The-Apprentice-2011-Why-the-final-wil-be-very-different-this-year/

It's my favourite episode of them all and I hope Jim gets through as it's very hard to BS your way around those interviewers!

This fits in well with the he know's who he's going to hire theory. If he done it the usual way with two left and a project you would be able to tell who was the best but with the interviews its all based on opinion of others. Suga aint saft!  :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 08, 2011, 09:14:38 AM

You'd know it's the summer holidays.