The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 16, 2010, 02:12:50 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2010, 01:55:26 PM
Heard that the show is over a year old at this stage. It was wrapped up last October/November and was to be aired in the spring but with the general election in UK and Sugars role in that (?), he and the BBC pulled it and have held it to now.

I was wondering why some of the contestants looked so different and Stuart was refering to been a year older now.

And Karen Brady was looking alot better on Your Fired than she had done on the show!

Is right! At times on the show she looked like an old Alco suffering the sweats.  ;D

myball22

He was made a peer and an enterprise champion by Labour so after a complaint the show was not to be aired until after the general election in case he and the BBC could be accused of bias.... as if the show could influence people's thinking on an election.

And Sugar has a history of picking the candidate that seems to have done less well in the series, I don't even remember him picking the best candidate based on the tasks in the series so I wouldn't be surprised if Chris won. Also I heard that the finalists work for him for some time prior to the final so the choice is not based on the series at all!!!

supersub

The show is always filmed a fair bit in advance of the airing date. The two in the final work for Sugar in a trial role for 5/6 months which we don't see, and two endings are filmed the week of the final (ie tonight) so that know one knows who has actually won until the airing date for the final when Sugar lets the powers that be know who he has chosen so they know which tape to role. The whole show is completely fake and is for television purposes solely! His decision of the winner is formed round the temporary post they hold between when it is filmed and aired. Good TV but what we see is pretty shallow!

quit yo jibbajabba

Not sure whether to start a new thread or not....

this years starts next week; see theres a man from cookstown jim eastwood gonna be on it, 32, went to st marys m'felt, and then uuj; anyone know of him at all?

Carmen Stateside

I think the same lad played Full back for Tyrone Minors one year or was at least on the panel. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Fair play to him, says on bbc website he was an all ireland cycling chamion also;

no doubt if he stays on the show a while, we'll get to hear more about him :)

as long as he aint as big a twat as the only other NI candidate (Ben?)....

Carmen Stateside

What i remember of him was he was a decent big fellow. 

Radda bout yeee

Bit of a poser from what I heard. Suppose sounds like the average Cookstown man and he should fit into the show well! Good Luck to him!
Q Mugsy having apprentice nights in the bar mid week to boast the turnover!  ::)

cornerback

AFAIK, he played for Magherafelt in the 96 McRory Final.

Seems to have the Stuart Braggs about him:
"I'm not a show pony or a one-trick pony, I'm not a jack-ass or a stubborn mule, and I'm definitely not a wild stallion that needs to be tamed. I am the champion thoroughbred that this process requires."

maggie

Quote from: cornerback on May 06, 2011, 12:29:17 PM
AFAIK, he played for Magherafelt in the 96 McRory Final.

Seems to have the Stuart Braggs about him:
"I'm not a show pony or a one-trick pony, I'm not a jack-ass or a stubborn mule, and I'm definitely not a wild stallion that needs to be tamed. I am the champion thoroughbred that this process requires."

Sounds like a typical Cookstown fella alright.

quit yo jibbajabba

lol;
im tryin not to place too much emphasis on the old audition interview, where they all have to make themselves sound like prats; hopefully he turns out to be relatively normal;

enjoyin the abuse of cookstonians tho ;D

Orior

This thread should be copyrighted. If the lad does well, then the british gutter press will be digging for dirt.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

glens73

If ever there was an advert for not watching this year's show it was the candidate who said "Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there's footprints on the moon"

Gabriel_Hurl

Jim was on the Tyrone minors alright - and did play for the Convent in that McRory Final vs Maghera.

Was a year ahead of me at school.

Tony Baloney

No doubt he'll be a ballbag like the rest of them. Cookstown people I mean ;)