Author Topic: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.  (Read 386090 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.
« Reply #3030 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »
I'm partial to a 30k comfortable modern seated stadium with all the facilities in Belfast. If there's easy enough access from the motorway and parking is available. Such a stadium would get good usage.

I've lost the thread of the discussion, is there a nutshell summary of what's a realistic Casement project now?

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: February 14, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »
I'm partial to a 30k comfortable modern seated stadium with all the facilities in Belfast.

All seated?

If so, what about those that don't fancy paying the ticket price of a seat?
i usse an speelchekor

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: February 14, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »
Is there something wrong with some of your heads, like is it not clear and precise by now after all these years about this proposal what's happening and why. No matter what is discussed someone keeps posting "why can't it do this or that, why not build it here or there instead".

It's in Casement...no where else.
It's not 20,000 or 10,000 or we don't need it...it's 35,000 (after slight reduction)
The funding is for Casement only and can't be moved elsewhere
We don't need it or it'll never be full...Bullshit, Antrim need it, Ulster need it and West Belfast need it.
It's not going to have a few thousand seats and all that standing because someone wants a cheaper ticket

This proposal is more than just a GAA ground, it will have state of the art facilities. It will cater for the local community and will host many seminars and meetings which will generate income and give some jobs to a few locals and it will be something that we can show off to the rest of this twisted Country and have out Ulster final in it full to the rafters...

Rant over guys... :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: February 14, 2020, 09:31:14 PM »
So,  Ulster Says Yes!!

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #3034 on: February 14, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
Is there something wrong with some of your heads, like is it not clear and precise by now after all these years about this proposal what's happening and why. No matter what is discussed someone keeps posting "why can't it do this or that, why not build it here or there instead".

It's not 20,000 or 10,000 or we don't need it...it's 35,000 (after slight reduction)
We don't need it or it'll never be full...Bullshit, Antrim need it, Ulster need it and West Belfast need it.
It's not going to have a few thousand seats and all that standing because someone wants a cheaper ticket

This proposal is more than just a GAA ground, it will have state of the art facilities. It will cater for the local community and will host many seminars and meetings which will generate income and give some jobs to a few locals and it will be something that we can show off to the rest of this twisted Country and have out Ulster final in it full to the rafters...

Except much of that isn’t true.
There is no reason why it can’t be anywhere else in the north. That is the GAA’s choice.
There is no reason why the capacity can’t be reduced. That is the GAA’s choice.
Antrim doesn’t need “it”. Antrim needs a ground capable of holding its games. At the moment, a ground catering for a couple of thousand would more than suffice.
Ulster doesn’t particularly need it either. Had the gov not come up with the dough, it wouldn’t ever have been a thought.
West Belfast doesn’t need it at all, as far as I can see.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: February 14, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »
Read something in paper few days ago, someone suggested a piece of wasteland north of the city would be ideal than for s big stadium rather than building Casement.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:18 AM »

There is no reason why it can’t be anywhere else in the north. That is the GAA’s choice.
Antrim doesn’t need “it”. Antrim needs a ground capable of holding its games. At the moment, a ground catering for a couple of thousand would more than suffice.
Ulster doesn’t particularly need it either. Had the gov not come up with the dough, it wouldn’t ever have been a thought.

Anyone else feel suspicious of Monaghan contributions on this issue no matter if they may agree with them at least in part?

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #3037 on: February 15, 2020, 09:41:15 AM »
I feel suspicious about Monaghan contributions on all matters but I’m not sure what that has to do with myself or illdecide.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: February 15, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
I'm partial to a 30k comfortable modern seated stadium with all the facilities in Belfast. If there's easy enough access from the motorway and parking is available. Such a stadium would get good usage.

I've lost the thread of the discussion, is there a nutshell summary of what's a realistic Casement project now?
I think we have reduced the scope of the project from a state of the art 35k all-seater with bars, restaurants and conference rooms, to getting a Massey in with a mower, baler and weed wiper, a bit of joinery work and a few cans of paint. Let's play ball!

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »

Anyone else feel suspicious of Monaghan contributions on this issue no matter if they may agree with them at least in part?
Paranoia is a normal state of mental being for a Tyronie.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: February 15, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »

I think we have reduced the scope of the project from a state of the art 35k all-seater with bars, restaurants and conference rooms, to getting a Massey in with a mower, baler and weed wiper, a bit of joinery work and a few cans of paint. Let's play ball!
Casement has been selected as the location among all locations, what's the point now of complaining that it should or could be anywhere else but Casement? Is that option realistic?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: February 15, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »

Casement has been selected as the location among all locations, what's the point now of complaining that it should or could be anywhere else but Casement? Is that option realistic?
Lots of people have no issue with the Casement redevelopment. What they do have an issue is how it was being implemented. It suits the narrative of many people to say the people of West Belfast don't want Casement.

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: February 15, 2020, 05:04:40 PM »
Build it and they will come (i think)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: February 15, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »
About six times a year...

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: February 18, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »
Lets not lose sight of the fact that Clones and Monaghan has had USFC finals and other games for years and the place is terrible. Facilities are just awful. Monaghan has never invested and the town relies completely on alcohol on match days. As a family experience it is pretty terrible.