Author Topic: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.  (Read 407495 times)

PMG1

• View Profile
Re: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.
« Reply #3000 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:55 PM »
Clones is a great venue, but you have to remember this money is being handed to the GAA to build a stadium in the north, they canít use it for Clones. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, the money has been set aside and needs to be used so we have to do something in the wee 6 with it

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: February 12, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
An Watcher you can go to Clones all you like, but I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted. Please keep up.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: February 12, 2020, 10:44:07 PM »
An Watcher you can go to Clones all you like, but I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted. Please keep up.

All he said was that Clones was a better venue. This simply reflects that the atmosphere is better, if only because the local people are friendly. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: February 12, 2020, 10:50:40 PM »

All he said was that Clones was a better venue. This simply reflects that the atmosphere is better, if only because the local people are friendly.

So the local people around casement are unfriendly? Atmosphere can be generated but you canít say the new stadium wonít be lacking atmosphere, has Croke atmosphere since it was rebuilt?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: February 12, 2020, 10:58:30 PM »

So the local people around casement are unfriendly? Atmosphere can be generated but you canít say the new stadium wonít be lacking atmosphere, has Croke atmosphere since it was rebuilt?

They're right people to TBH, but would your car be safer in Clones or West Belfast...(only messin)

FFS lads just get the fecking thing built, Belfast needs it. Antrim needs it, the money is there for it...whats the issue
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: February 13, 2020, 06:59:58 AM »

The problem in a nutshell.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: February 13, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
Yea??? In a nutshell it is then because Trileacman says so! The Dublin supporters had that reputation too, used to get a lot of fighting on the Hill before Croke Park was refurbished!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:18:21 AM by bannside »

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: February 13, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
That is OK, but then they would have to modernise Clones.

Why?

Do ye need a spongy seat or something?

The dangerous cage terrace on the Hill needs shutting.

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: February 13, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
That is OK, but then they would have to modernise Clones.

Why?

Do ye need a spongy seat or something?

Why?

How many serious injuries have been caused by it over the years?
i usse an speelchekor

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: February 13, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

Why?
Because it is a cage with no possibility of exit from the front in the event of a crush or other emergency.
Probably none, but that could have been said once for Hillsborough and Heysel among others.

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: February 13, 2020, 05:18:02 PM »

Why?
Because it is a cage with no possibility of exit from the front in the event of a crush or other emergency.
Probably none, but that could have been said once for Hillsborough and Heysel among others.

You do realise that the presence of barriers at many points are there to prevent crushing?

Besides, how much would it cost them to remove parts of the wall and install a few crush gates? <Ä100k?
i usse an speelchekor

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: February 13, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »
... I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted.
Not my recollection.

I'm pretty sure that when the shared stadium at The Maze was binned, the government instead redirected the money to the three Associations specifically to build/re-build three Provincial stadia. That is, the Associations were not to use it for other purposes, such as doling it out between a number of smaller stadia or clubs etc.

It was the GAA who therefore decided to rebuild Casement, with its proponents emphasising that it would also regenerate W.Belfast etc i.e. a benefit, not the justification. But had the GAA not wanted to build at Casement, they could have chosen any other location within NI.

Also, I also believe that the reason the GAA got so much more than the other two was because they were in a position to contribute an additional £15m of their own (the IFA couldn't and the IRFU didn't want to).
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: February 13, 2020, 10:51:42 PM »
... I think you'll find the money from Ni govt was for a stadium that would help the regeneration of West Belfast, a vastly underdeveloped wasteland...that's why they were promised a substantially larger revenue pot than Ravenhill or Windsor Pk. There was never talk of giving the money to Ulster Council to build it wherever they wanted.
Not my recollection.

I'm pretty sure that when the shared stadium at The Maze was binned, the government instead redirected the money to the three Associations specifically to build/re-build three Provincial stadia. That is, the Associations were not to use it for other purposes, such as doling it out between a number of smaller stadia or clubs etc.

It was the GAA who therefore decided to rebuild Casement, with its proponents emphasising that it would also regenerate W.Belfast etc i.e. a benefit, not the justification. But had the GAA not wanted to build at Casement, they could have chosen any other location within NI.

Also, I also believe that the reason the GAA got so much more than the other two was because they were in a position to contribute an additional £15m of their own (the IFA couldn't and the IRFU didn't want to).

Thatís true to a point, but once the Maze was dropped then Casement became the forerunner as a site, no other site was on the cards. Whether it was regeneration of the West or having a proper GAA stadium in northern Irelandís capital in Belfast, I'm not sure. One thing is for sure, itís going to Casement now, the size/capacity needs looked at though and no one on here has argued that point
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: February 14, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
Excuse my ignorance but what, precisely, is the delay on Casement getting built? I know there were planning problems and objections from residents but how long does it take to resolve and/or revise plans?? This delay is nothing short of an utter disgrace and shocking!

Stalemate usually comes from incompetence. Is that the problem here?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: February 14, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
Excuse my ignorance but what, precisely, is the delay on Casement getting built? I know there were planning problems and objections from residents but how long does it take to resolve and/or revise plans?? This delay is nothing short of an utter disgrace and shocking!

Stalemate usually comes from incompetence. Is that the problem here?

No Stormont was a big part of it.