GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

When I used to do accums like the one above, I noticed that the team getting points on the handicap came in more than those giving them away yet it's remarkable the amount of people who go for the "minus" team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 20, 2013, 12:36:07 PM
When I used to do accums like the one above, I noticed that the team getting points on the handicap came in more than those giving them away yet it's remarkable the amount of people who go for the "minus" team.

The weather has a big part to play in keeping the scores low. I took the lowest handicap they were offering in fairness. Its for a bitta craic I'll not miss a couple of quid on this accumulator. But if it comes up!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

The weather has a big part to play in keeping the scores low. I took the lowest handicap they were offering in fairness. Its for a bitta craic I'll not miss a couple of quid on this accumulator. But if it comes up!!

MR2 - your bet looks good. However a good idea would be if someone kept a record of the handicaps maybe in next year's League and see what kind of trends develop. I would say certain teams might offer more value on the handicap than others as well as the "+" team doing better than the "-" team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 20, 2013, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

MR2 - your bet looks good. However a good idea would be if someone kept a record of the handicaps maybe in next year's League and see what kind of trends develop. I would say certain teams might offer more value on the handicap than others as well as the "+" team doing better than the "-" team.

Going by trends in betting for the Cross game it looks like most people are going for the + team there, Cullyhana were +7 now down to +6.

Ideally the best bets to make money on are the ones you have the most knowledge on i.e, your local Championship, or a championship that you are very familiar with, BC1 and another poster give heads up on Scotstown and the winners of of the Tipp hurling Championship long before the finals, one team was sitting at 5/2 the other was 3/1 ffs!! If you had big money waiting on a bet like that to come up then it's worth a punt.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Johnny Tightlips

well fellas, been extremely busy this last few months, so haven't been able to post up any bets online. One massive bet which sticks out for me this weekend is glenswilly against killybegs. The swilly -3 is 11/10. This is humongous value imo. Killybegs have not won a league game this year, being beaten in 15 games. killybegs have also had a relatively easy run to the final, beaten a surprise package of malin in the semi. i would expect a handy win for micheal murphy and co.

Furthermore i am also making an investment at clonoe to win by 1-3 points @ 4/1 with ladbrokes. They may not win against a strong ballinderry outfit at "home" but if they are to win it will be by that margin. Damien cassidy has instilled a great siege mentality into the squad which cant be underestimated. The value is with clonoe on this occasion.

supersub

How the f**k can they have lost every game but got to the final? Absurd!!

Lone Shark

Quote from: supersub on September 06, 2013, 01:00:36 PM
Anyone know what the craic with Kilcormac/Killoughey football team is? What league do they play in? Can't seem to find them, although they are in the Offaly intermediate championship. I know they are great hurlers but does their football team only play championship or something?

They don't play league, there's too much overlap in the teams. Something like twelve players play outfield for the senior hurlers and the footballers, and they only gather the footballers for championship matches. Now that they've got going however, they have momentum up and they won the IFC final at the weekend, which creates an interesting conundrum for next year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 21, 2013, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 06, 2013, 01:00:36 PM
Anyone know what the craic with Kilcormac/Killoughey football team is? What league do they play in? Can't seem to find them, although they are in the Offaly intermediate championship. I know they are great hurlers but does their football team only play championship or something?

They don't play league, there's too much overlap in the teams. Something like twelve players play outfield for the senior hurlers and the footballers, and they only gather the footballers for championship matches. Now that they've got going however, they have momentum up and they won the IFC final at the weekend, which creates an interesting conundrum for next year.

A bit like my own club, but we manage to have them playing in the leagues, and we are not alone here in Antrim. the overlap of players playing for Rossa, St Johns also would be around 12 if not more, while they might not all play at senior level they will certainly be in the running for first team positions in both teams!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: supersub on October 21, 2013, 11:02:29 AM
How the f**k can they have lost every game but got to the final? Absurd!!

Can happen easily enough. Carna Cashel reached the county final in Galway in 2005 and were relegated back down to intermediate through the league a week later. Get a handy draw and a weak enough team can reach a county final.

Asal Mor

Castlebar are great value at 10/3 (11/4 with draw no bet is even better) this weekend especially with Corofin's injury problems. I'm not tipping them to win but they're great value.

macdanger2

Considering it'll be a third match of the week for vincents, do St Lomans look like value @ 9/4?

rodney trotter

Game is in Mullingar, they will be fresh, Vincents have no Connolly. I would think they are worth a punt..

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 07, 2013, 08:52:29 PM
Castlebar are great value at 10/3 (11/4 with draw no bet is even better) this weekend especially with Corofin's injury problems. I'm not tipping them to win but they're great value.

Think Castlebar are missing Kirby but yeah seems like Corofin will be missing 3 or 4 regulars. Probably not a bad bet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 08, 2013, 03:01:53 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on November 07, 2013, 08:52:29 PM

Think Castlebar are missing Kirby but yeah seems like Corofin will be missing 3 or 4 regulars. Probably not a bad bet.

Corofin are a very good side though, I say still smarting from us beating them in the extra time game in Parnell few years ago. Watched Castlebar wasn't overly impressed, Corofin would have a lot or recent experience which has got to count for something

Syferus

Think Corofin are desperate to get another shot at Brigid's after the 2011 final and all that went before. Brigid's have tended to have the edge but derailing Cotofin this year would probably rank as one ofthe Kiltoom boys' sweetest Connacht titles.

While Brigids can probably afford to look beyond St. Mary's if Corofin do likewise Mitchells have enough to hurt them. I think Corofin are long enough in the tooth to know what's needed on Sunday, though.