GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Anyone have any idea why the Paddy Power website isn't letting me double up on Offaly+13 and Limerick+8? It's saying "Not all selections can be combined." I can understand that if one bet affects the outcome of the other but in this case it doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch?

macdanger2

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 08, 2013, 01:36:44 PM
Anyone have any idea why the Paddy Power website isn't letting me double up on Offaly+13 and Limerick+8? It's saying "Not all selections can be combined." I can understand that if one bet affects the outcome of the other but in this case it doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch?

It's coming up ok for me on my phone. I have experienced that with PP previously though, not being able to get a particular double for no apparent reason and other people not having the same problem

Asal Mor

Cheers macd. I'll try it again later.  :)

caraghtyrone

Bet down at the first hurdle...sorry....any opinions on wether its worth doing the remaining 4 selections?

5/2

Asal Mor

Quote from: caraghtyrone on June 09, 2013, 12:43:55 AM
Bet down at the first hurdle...sorry....any opinions on wether its worth doing the remaining 4 selections?

5/2

I don't have a clue about the football  CT. I'd like to think I have a small clue about the hurling. Offaly should be helped by the game being in Tullamore, but it's a big pitch, so Kilkenny will have lots of room to play and I'd be amazed if Offaly get within six points. Limerick are steadily improving and will be tough to beat but don't look that threatening up front. Tipp have a very happy camp under Eamon O Shea and Jason Forde is a huge addition in the forwards. I'd  fancy Tipp to win by a few.

ardtole

Fermanagh have named quite a strong team for the Cavan game on Sunday. I think I saw them at 6/5 earlier in the week, McCluskey will prevent the type of ball the cavan forwards got against Armagh and I think they will frustrate Cavan. It will be tight enough game but if I see Fermanagh better than even money at home il back them.

ranch

Fancy Fermanagh v Cavan for a draw.

T Fearon

Cavan for me,simply because they have a couple of marquee forwards (I.e. 2 more than Fermanagh) and the outing against Armagh and win will surely be a decided advantage too.Probably no more than a point or two in it though.

God14

Quote from: T Fearon on June 14, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
Cavan for me,simply because they have a couple of marquee forwards (I.e. 2 more than Fermanagh) and the outing against Armagh and win will surely be a decided advantage too.Probably no more than a point or two in it though.

Not the sort of game to lump on betting wise, however I fancy Fermanagh. Very solid experienced spine to their side. As Tony says they don't really have a marquee forward, but equally the Cavan lads wont get the time & space they did last time out.
I reckon Fermanagh have a better all round spread of scorers. McCabe is a useful playmaker, & the likes of Ryan Jones & the Quigley's are good for a few points plus young Tomas Corrigan has started to find his feet at this level
Fermanagh too eek out a narrow victory in a close fought encounter IMHO.

armaghniac

QuoteFancy Fermanagh v Cavan for a draw.

There is generally one draw in Ulster, this could be it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardtole

Im going to stick my neck out and go for fermanagh-1 @ 13/8. I just think home advantage, greater experience and the way Fermanagh are set up will frustrate cavan. Keating and dunne done very well against Armagh but Owens and McCluskey will have Fermanagh a lot more organised. McGrath in Midfield and McCabe on the forty will see Fermanagh over the line. One thing that would concern me is I dont see a lot of goals in the Fermanagh team but hopefully one would be enough. I also heard Cavan got an almighty beating of Mayo in a challenge game but I wouldnt read a whole lot into that.

larryin89

Quote from: ardtole on June 15, 2013, 09:10:50 AM
Im going to stick my neck out and go for fermanagh-1 @ 13/8. I just think home advantage, greater experience and the way Fermanagh are set up will frustrate cavan. Keating and dunne done very well against Armagh but Owens and McCluskey will have Fermanagh a lot more organised. McGrath in Midfield and McCabe on the forty will see Fermanagh over the line. One thing that would concern me is I dont see a lot of goals in the Fermanagh team but hopefully one would be enough. I also heard Cavan got an almighty beating of Mayo in a challenge game but I wouldnt read a whole lot into that.

Wouldn't read into that challenge game at all, Cavan were two points up at h/t and had exposed Mayo a couple of times for one on ones that were saved. Then at the interval , Cavan changed the whole team and sent out a b team of sorts, the game was spun on its head then and Mayo romped to victory with lots of goals.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on June 15, 2013, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: ardtole on June 15, 2013, 09:10:50 AM

Wouldn't read into that challenge game at all, Cavan were two points up at h/t and had exposed Mayo a couple of times for one on ones that were saved. Then at the interval , Cavan changed the whole team and sent out a b team of sorts, the game was spun on its head then and Mayo romped to victory with lots of goals.

Would read little or nothing into the Mayo game. Wholesale changes at half time by Cavan. It really was just a run out as far as they were concerned. Most of the Mayo goals came late in the game.

Sheedy

went for; meath -2 @4/7
              cork -10 @8/11
              mayo -4 @4/5
              Fermanagh +1 @4/5
              galway -12 @4/6
nil satis nisi optimum

donegal lad

Went for this
Meath @ 2/7
Cavan @ evens
Cork -9 @ 8/15